The Bank (scrimmage edition)

3DD672D7-6A0E-4B36-B779-FE4702976353.gif

Advertisement
I said all camp the weakness of the team was explosive plays and WR. Two things surprised me: the total collapse in confidence of TVD, and the fact that our DBs did not improve at all. On the second point, I cautioned several times that they were going against a struggling WR corps and that “we will see when the games start.”

My prediction was a season like Richt’s first at Miami or Mario’s first at Oregon. I would revise that downward because TVD has lost his confidence.

Yep. I don't blame the mods here or on TOS for our rough start, but I do blame them for the hype. During fall camp, we rely on these reports for information. This is the second year in the row where we don't come close to living up to it.

Maybe next year is the year that D$ and Co will say, "there's almost nothing we can learn from fall camp", instead of the BS they normally feed us.
People need to be honest and say we stink talent wise, so the fans don’t have this unrealistic expectation. Then they slam everyone when the talent isn’t elite level and it’s not even close. My expectations were in the gutter tbh until we have two difference making classes back to back and we haven’t had one yet.

People need to be honest and say we stink talent wise, so the fans don’t have this unrealistic expectation. Then they slam everyone when the talent isn’t elite level and it’s not even close. My expectations were in the gutter tbh until we have two difference making classes back to back and we haven’t had one yet.

Example: the Giants suck. Have that expectation and when they suck, you’ll be ready for it

Advertisement
I said all camp the weakness of the team was explosive plays and WR. Two things surprised me: the total collapse in confidence of TVD, and the fact that our DBs did not improve at all. On the second point, I cautioned several times that they were going against a struggling WR corps and that “we will see when the games start.”

My prediction was a season like Richt’s first at Miami or Mario’s first at Oregon. I would revise that downward because TVD has lost his confidence.

Can you touch on this in your podcast as to what happened with TVD and why it has looked like he has had 0 confidence in his game from game 1?

I swear I will never understand how this site attacks mods and insiders. Cribby brings info all the time and you guys attack him cause you don’t like it. Dmoney could have never predicted that TVD collapsed like a wet paper bag. He only saw our receivers against our corners. No crap both groups are garbage water. Bad vs bad. He never said the offense was gonna be explosive. All the insiders said our receivers sucked and we had no pass rush.

Now the Flagg getting faster part? Insiders have to eat that one sorry.

I swear I will never understand how this site attacks mods and insiders. Cribby brings info all the time and you guys attack him cause you don’t like it. Dmoney could have never predicted that TVD collapsed like a wet paper bag. He only saw our receivers against our corners. No crap both groups are garbage water. Bad vs bad. He never said the offense was gonna be explosive. All the insiders said our receivers sucked and we had no pass rush.

Nobody makes fun of @Cribby for the info he brings, which is top notch. We make fun of him because he has the voice of a black market kidney harvester.

Advertisement
lol at all the mopes crying like @DMoney lied to them. Not one of you asshats could have predicted that MTSU was gonna stomp the Canes out. You never ever know what you have until the bullets start flying. Who would have thought that the field general who threw dimes last year was gonna turn into the coward from Saving Private Ryan who can't hit the side of a barn with a howitzer. Get hold of yourselves. Focus your anger on the coaches where it needs to be. Bunch of beat your wife cause your boss is a **** type dudes in here.

This off season I never mentioned either guys names other than the staff loved them and warned people they’d start. I was high on the defense but was arguing with people that we lacked talent and depth. I wasn’t my normal slurper self. I didn’t expect this bad but still.

Last edited:
I mean DMoney is on the slurper side because he's obviously a big fan and wants those things to be true. He's still just sharing information that he's told so it's not like he's making **** up. EVERY year we hear good shot coming out of green tree and EVERY year we suck, if you still believe it that's on you. Now this year is especially bad even for Miami, but that same logic still holds true.

Advertisement

I like what you are saying here bro. Good post. It is absolutely OK (and necessary) to disagree with them, debate them, etc. But when some fans on this site expect them to be laser accurate on every thought, tip, opinion they have and the minute something is a miss, we pile it on and make them walk the plank or put their head in a guillotine, it will make them not want to share all of their opinions.

Now the flip side is when anyone in that position of power, respect or whatever you want to call it dangles their nuts in your face when they are right, then you ask for some razzing when you miss.

I think I can speak for most of the board when I say, I appreciate and would rather hear the opinions of @DMoney @Liberty City El @Cribby @Rellyrell @LuCane the mods and the host of others that know more about the nuances of the game and this team than I do. Personally, I'll take it all in, filter, form my own opinions, learn, bust some chops and keep wanting more info.

Without these cats, this board would be....well...what our offense is right now.

Yep. I don't blame the mods here or on TOS for our rough start, but I do blame them for the hype. During fall camp, we rely on these reports for information. This is the second year in the row where we don't come close to living up to it.

Maybe next year is the year that D$ and Co will say, "there's almost nothing we can learn from fall camp", instead of the BS they normally feed us.
Everyone talks about how hard culture is to change, and that extends to the fans and fan sites. Every time we hype these dudes up they literally can’t handle it imo. Until we win routine games as we should, and a couple big ones, we should be demanding the coaches and players to prove themselves.

Enough with the incredibly premature crowning. Enough with the praise and hope. If you got something to show us, in a game, do it. Until then we should be critiquing every ******* thing we see and be skeptical of everything we hear.

Oh, you’re gonna cater your offense to your players Gattis? HOW. Please be specific. Does that mean creating space and continuing elements from last year? What elements? Of course that would be easier if the press didn’t suck donkey ****, but that doesn’t mean we have to suck the dude off for saying the right thing. They’ve always said the right things.

Advertisement
I mean DMoney is on the slurper side because he's obviously a big fan and wants those things to be true. He's still just sharing information that he's told so it's not like he's making **** up. EVERY year we hear good shot coming out of green tree and EVERY year we suck, if you still believe it that's on you. Now this year is especially bad even for Miami, but that same logic still holds true.
We’re all fans so we have a slant. He just looked at the he roster in the off season and knew we weee a couple injuries away from a crap show. Well we have a few key injuries and the crap show was already in progress before those happened. To my defense I prepped people for the wr issues and guys were facing issues picking up the complicated offense.

We’re all fans so we have a slant. He just looked at the he roster in the off season and knew we weee a couple injuries away from a crap show. Well we have a few key injuries and the crap show was already in progress before those happened. To my defense I prepped people for the wr issues and guys were facing issues picking up the complicated offense.
Speaking of injuries when can we expect an update on the litany of injuries we have? I mean we had two backs go down and some dbs and OL. Freaking hedley too. We have one healthy scholarship back and it’s the last one on my personal pecking order

The difficult part is not that the talent is thin and that the O sucks, its that if its so clear to everyone, why isn't it clear to our very expensive coaching staph and why have they not made more changes. Everyone wants more talent on the rooster, but these are our guys and we could/should have won the last 2 games. The coaching simply isn't good enough right now.

Advertisement
Back