The Bank (camp edition 8/10)

View as article
Advertisement
These players were 50th and 51st in Passer Rating last season vs FBS competition:

50th ranked player:
8.2 YPA, 60.6% completions, 226 YPG, 18/7 TD to INT ratio, 149 yards rushing, 4 TDs

51st ranked player:
7.7 YPA, 59.8% completions, 241 YPG, 24/6 TD to INT ratio, -40 yards rushing, 1 TD

Player B is Max Johnson
Player A is Kosi Perry
Both QB’s behind him are better. And our D-line is gonna be a lot to handle just like theirs will be for us. Idk if gattis will air it out or not but even if he does this isn’t the game for a Xavier restrepo. He’ll have a long night. Need speed out there. Those DB’s are bully’s but you can run by them.

Advertisement
@DMoney any camp updates on @Peter Ariz ?
sucking bart simpson GIF

Any potential with Rooster getting some reps in the slot? I honestly feel like he may excel in that role. He has already shown flashes to this point indicating he'd be a menace after the catch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you have a guess to where Rivers will play once Zion comes back? I guess I’m kinda assuming Rivers starts at LT over Campbell.

I thought Campbell was serviceable at RT. I would have him competing with Scaife for that spot.
I have no knowledge on Campbell other than what Mario was quoted in an interview last week.

He said he expects Campbell to be one of the best in the conference and in the country.

I don't know if that's just motivation for Campbell, but Mario wouldn't say it if he didn't believe it.

We'll know by the end of camp where things stand.

I expect Campbell to be at one of the tackle spots.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Care to share your reasoning? Just curious, because I personally have a hard time seeing this team routinely struggle on offense. I’m not saying they’ll average 40 a game, but to “not be good” implies averaging less than 28 a game or so.
O line is average, WR’s are below average and I don’t think Gattis is a fit here.

O line is average, WR’s are below average and I don’t think Gattis is a fit here.
I'll fight back on a couple of these points. I think you're correct in that our o-line is nowhere near where Mario nor the fanbase wants it to be, and that will take time to develop. However, it should absolutely improve under Mario and Mirabal.

As for the other two points, I'll respectfully disagree. Gattis may not be the ****, high-flying passing wizard that many of us like to watch, but he fits in really well with what Mario wants to establish on offense; and so, I think he is a phenomenal fit on this coaching staff. His offensive philosophy is perfect for this current roster; you are correct in that our WR room has humongous question marks. But...his offensive approach highlights our strengths on that side of the ball: RB and TE.

By all accounts, the RB room is littered with talent and speed. We're going to see guys like Knighton and Parrish excel in the passing game with some explosive routes on slower defenders, and combined with Mario and Mirabal's creativity with blocking schemes (more pulling of guards, etc.), we should see an improvement in the run game. TE's are going to absolutely feast, I expect big things (contingent upon health) from Mallory and Arroyo.

We don't need an amazing WR room to win the Coastal and have a successful offense. He won the Broyles award for a reason, and was successful before that. I think we average closer to 34-35 ppg like last season.

Advertisement
Back