The Bank (camp edition 8/10)

View as article
Advertisement
Tell us more. What have you learned infiltrating them week 1?
D-line is ridiculous. Shemar Turner from Dallas is a future first rounder. Is gonna play every spot. That secondary is mean as ****. But they’re big and don’t move as well as a unit. The offense.. is struggling to line up. Forget moving the ball. We’ll see how they turn that around but it’s ugly

When is Rivers supposed to be back? Any rumors bouncing around on his timetable? Really would love for his first reps of the season to come before the TAMU game.

I assume you mean Nelson.

Surgery was just after the 4th of July weekend. Let's assume the end of that week, July 8th.

His timeline is 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks would be August 19th. 8 weeks would be September 2, essentially right at Week 1.

So I think aggressively he's practicing for a couple weeks and potentially playing Week 1, definitely by Week 2 and is close to or at 100% by A&M.

Conservatively, he misses Week 1 for sure, probably Week 2, and will be iffy for A&M.

Either way, unless he has a setback, we should have him for 80% of the season, at worst. And there's certainly a chance he misses no time, or possibly just the Bethune scrimmage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
D-line is ridiculous. Shemar Turner from Dallas is a future first rounder. Is gonna play every spot. That secondary is mean as ****. But they’re big and don’t move as well as a unit. The offense.. is struggling to line up. Forget moving the ball. We’ll see how they turn that around but it’s ugly
So we're back to the point where it might hinge on our O line. Hopefully Mirabal is making a statement here.

Thanks for the update D!

Citizen definitely passes the look test, but count me as skeptical with regards to all of the buzz about him potentially starting by year end. While he looks the part, let's see how the true freshman stacks up with regards to patience and vision when the bullets start flying.

And looking a year out, I really think the defense has a chance to make a huge jump.
If for nothing else, he may end up starting because of injuries, Remember: We had our top 2 rbs go down for the season last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’ll play versus Miami. Doubt he plays beyond

These players were 50th and 51st in Passer Rating last season vs FBS competition:

50th ranked player:
8.2 YPA, 60.6% completions, 226 YPG, 18/7 TD to INT ratio, 149 yards rushing, 4 TDs

51st ranked player:
7.7 YPA, 59.8% completions, 241 YPG, 24/6 TD to INT ratio, -40 yards rushing, 1 TD

Player B is Max Johnson
Player A is Kosi Perry

Scaife being cemented into this RT spot is scary lmao. He gone either get someone drafted in the 1st or injured when we play Texas A&M.

At least TVD will see the DE coming if he's on the right side.

Pause too.

Advertisement
Back