The Bank (7/19)

View as article
Advertisement
Simple fix is for one of Alinen's parents to get a NIL deal (which has nothing to do with either Olaus or the University of Miami). Olaus can be a student and come to the University of Miami on a student visa. If someone like LifeWallet wants to enter a NIL deal or a sponsorship deal with one of his parents, that's not the University's business or the NCAA's business.
Ehhhh, that gets messy for Ruiz. Not sure he would want to go down that route.

UM can get around the Student Visa issue by giving the kids school credit for a class each semester. Very simply. These would count towards electives. I really don't see how it's a problem, but UM gonna UM I guess.
Um a student choc full of international students is gonna have an issue with this kid. In fact my little cousin who is 17 and not a us citizen is signed sealed and delivered to um and starting in august...not even close to any hiccups yet

Advertisement
Um a student choc full of international students is gonna have an issue with this kid. In fact my little cousin who is 17 and not a us citizen is signed sealed and delivered to um and starting in august...not even close to any hiccups yet
The problem is not being here, it's getting paid for doing a job. The fact that a lot of international kids are at UM is not relevant.

LifeWallet puts kids on payroll as independent contractors. With a student Visa you can work at the institution that is sponsoring your Visa but that's typically it. A few exceptions exist. One of them is that the place you are working for is part of an externship where you get school credit for the work. UM could easily do that for a LifeWallet NIL.

UM can get around the Student Visa issue by giving the kids school credit for a class each semester. Very simply. These would count towards electives. I really don't see how it's a problem, but UM gonna UM I guess.

Huh? A kid on a foreign student visa is not supposed to be earning income in the US. Kinda invalidates the whole foreign student visa thing. He can make money back in his home country, though.

The problem is not being here, it's getting paid for doing a job. The fact that a lot of international kids are at UM is not relevant.

LifeWallet puts kids on payroll as independent contractors. With a student Visa you can work at the institution that is sponsoring your Visa but that's typically it. A few exceptions exist. One of them is that the place you are working for is part of an externship where you get school credit for the work. UM could easily do that for a LifeWallet NIL.

You probably shouldn't be trying to explain things.

Ok its an NIL issue i read it as a school issue.

I would think this wouldnt even be much of a hard fix NIL wise...depending on whom he may have offers from. Like you stated, School credit in some sort of business finance type course and.....Or maybe get some sort of NIL opportunities back in europe? selling th same product?

Advertisement
You probably shouldn't be trying to explain things.
If I'm wrong about how they payout, then I'm wrong. My impression is they get 1099'd. Which is why they have to go through like a mini course on paying taxes. If I'm wrong then it is what it is.

As for the Student Visa, they can get paid for work done outside of the school, so long as they get school credit. Because it is technically still contributing to their education. Wife did it before we got married so I'm not talking in hypotheticals.

We‘ll find him a nice Cuban girl that was born here. That way we get him in and assimilated at the same time. 2 for 1.
200.gif

If I'm wrong about how they payout, then I'm wrong. My impression is they get 1099'd. Which is why they have to go through like a mini course on paying taxes. If I'm wrong then it is what it is.

As for the Student Visa, they can get paid for work done outside of the school, so long as they get school credit. Because it is technically still contributing to their education. Wife did it before we got married so I'm not talking in hypotheticals.

Stay away from impressions. LW is paying payroll every 2 weeks and withholding taxes. Maybe the collectives are sending out 1099s, but LifeWallet is more of a real job for a real company.

As for getting college credit for being a paid spokesperson for LifeWallet...yeah, that's not happening. This isn't an internship, it isn't an externship, it isn't anything for which anyone can get college credit, unless we play to risk our university accreditation. Unless you think UM is creating a new NIL major in the School of Business. And even then, it's still not happening. You can't get 24 credit hours towards a degree by doing the same spokesperson function for 8 consecutive semesters.

Advertisement
@DMoney Ive always been a Fowles guy...hope it continues to heat up...WANT in this class.

Would be curious to know why the Gaytor fans were so dismissive of Fowles. When they were whiffing hard and possibly taking Sorey, a few guys brought up Fowles' name on Swampa$$ 247, and they were poo-poo'd.

Huh? A kid on a foreign student visa is not supposed to be earning income in the US. Kinda invalidates the whole foreign student visa thing. He can make money back in his home country, though.
That’s what they did for other athletes. Lifewallet went to Canada and Australia to shoot content with other guys. I don’t see how going to Finland would be different.

Betting the house on him winning the heisman. Appreciate the inside info
It's just not an offensive system setup to produce a Heisman QB. The stats won't be there. Jmo

Doesn't mean he can't absolutely ball - but for him to win the Heisman we'd have to be in the title conversation.

Advertisement
The most interesting thing about Olaus recruitment will be all the machinations to make it happen with this kid if he were to end up committing to us. If this happens him committing is not the most interesting thing but all the maneuvering involved to make it happen and be "above board" on paper. In my humble opinion.

Would be curious to know why the Gaytor fans were so dismissive of Fowles. When they were whiffing hard and possibly taking Sorey, a few guys brought up Fowles' name on Swampa$$ 247, and they were poo-poo'd.
Sorey runs the same 40 as Navaughn Donaldosn.

They likely poo poo'd it because he is from Miami and they in a back hand way dont think they have a chance...or in their elitist way of thinking feel they are above him.

Stay away from impressions. LW is paying payroll every 2 weeks and withholding taxes. Maybe the collectives are sending out 1099s, but LifeWallet is more of a real job for a real company.

As for getting college credit for being a paid spokesperson for LifeWallet...yeah, that's not happening. This isn't an internship, it isn't an externship, it isn't anything for which anyone can get college credit, unless we play to risk our university accreditation. Unless you think UM is creating a new NIL major in the School of Business. And even then, it's still not happening. You can't get 24 credit hours towards a degree by doing the same spokesperson function for 8 consecutive semesters.
I'll trust your knowledge of LW payouts because I just go off what I find here. Also not going to get into it a out the college credit because useless to go back and forth, but I know it's possible to get credit off one position consistently because I've seen it happen, just not with LW/NIL. Either way, thanks for the clarification on the LW pay structure.

Advertisement
Back