The Bank (7/12)

View as article
That is cool. I don’t get too excited about kids coming in until they start getting game reps. You see these kids all the time so you would know.

I thought Spence was like 5’10” but man he could play. I do expect Bissainthe to play this year. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Miami linebackers are so obvious. DJ Williams was a monster, I just thought Vilma was more fluid.

Spence is/was like 6'0

Advertisement
with okunlola, kirkland, bryant, aguero, and alinen we're at 290 good for #1 class... sheesh

1657757742279.png

Advertisement
I don’t know schit on McClain I just don’t believe it will happen. I know I know Mario is biota different. I still think McClain is going $EC.

I will be glad to be wrong in the end cause that to me would be a bigger win than anything else so far or what’s left on the board. A kid who lives in Gaytor country and heard negative stuff about Miami his whole life. Let’s see how it plays out
I disagree
Okunola is a bigger win

I can answer that one from past experience with a couple of kids I knew who signed with Oregon. He's always doing evals. So yes, will be more offers coming as he reassess the board.
Can you describe for us what is taking place with Mario currently and what you have seen means to you in terms of perhaps running out of walls to punch over & over like you’ve had to do over the last 10-15 years?

Advertisement
Denzel Perryman at one poine on the Golden plan weighed in at 250 pounds...no lie.

Jon Vilma was like 6'1 220+

We have guys currently playing lb at 195-205. When we landed AveryHuff he came into Um probably about 185-190 tops and I know him personally.

Aint nothing wrong with getting the typical UM lb with growth potential...which is anywhere between 5'11- 6'2 205-210 in my opinion as an incoming backer. But this current group needs size badly which is why POPO Aguirre is perfect as he will be coming in at 6'1 225-230 at a minimum as a freshman. Malik Bryant same thing if we land him.
@Cribby @DMoney can you actually speak on the size difference that the Canes are actually recruiting now. I myself always noticed that the Canes would always recruit Linebackers, Dline and Oline that were not physically ready to play right way. ( i.e LBers always were coming into the U at 200lbs). While at Bama they would recruit kids that were coming in at 220. Starting point that trainers were completely different

Youre seeing it from the wrong perspective though. While the size is true it's not because it's what we recruited per se like we didn't want anything but that. It's because on average the kids in our recruiting blueprint have been huge majority locals. Kids from down here are fast and athletic on the regular. But very rarely are they fast, athletic AND BIG. Also under Mandy he recruited with several different philosophies fundamentally. #1 it was all about locals. #2 it was all about system fits. #3 it was all about budget & to keep the budget down that meant not getting into wars nationally with the blue bloods. Now we want all the smoke and welcome whatever.
Was saying the same thing this morning. You have to give some of these under size Lbers two yrs to gain weight.

Advertisement
And how did any of them pan out. That class had no depth at all. That #1 DT miss more games than he play. When he did play like a 3*. That class was just all LB and WR
The topic as well as the comment YOU made relates to their recruiting rankings... Not how did they pan out. Please stick to the narrative and don't be flim flam like that. Because of that's the point than don't discuss the 4 to 100 linebackers or the reciever either. Cause the two lowest rated ones are the ones are the ones who played best at each position. & Arthur did play here by the way but onion ****ed him over too...

Bro that class was fine. Shannon need 2 more classes like that to address the other positions, and he should have kept recruiting QBs. Also the overall commitment was just not there. The staff had alot of unqualified coaches. Young guys who should have started elsewhere. It all goes hand in hand, not just bringing in players, but what you bringing them into and building a full roster for 70 players who can ball. One class is not enough
Including onion who should've stayed elsewhere so then we're would've known this motha ****** is simply the black mammy Diaz. No way in fvck we need him destroying relationships like that.

Advertisement
So let's say 4 of the 5 want in (I won't even go there if all 5 want in lol, but who knows with this momentum we have)

Who get's left out or do we take 7?

I'd say the number is 5, but there is a chance we take 6. I personally don't see 7, I could be wrong but for the sake of this argument, who gets left out?

Kirkland?
Kinsler?
Or the more obvious answer, Tinilau?
Kirkland & kinsler as well as freeling are battling for one spot. With freeling on the outside looking in. Only way tinilau ain't part of this class is if he doesn't want to stick. We're VERY high on him.

I know people that have met Marvin, they all had great things to say about him. Was a very gracious individual to everyone he met.

He would sign autographs for hours at the International Boxing Hall of Fame(which for years was the one time he'd come back from Italy) and literally would make sure everyone that wanted an autograph or picture would get one. He understood that people had come to see him, and this would be their one chance. So he'd make it a point to accomodate everyone, after all the other boxers would leave

"Marvelous'' was just that
I met him years ago briefly when he came in from Italy. Very nice.

Advertisement
Back