The Bank (7/12)

View as article
Cormani is gonna be recruited by Saban, basically a DB guru. That's our challenge, not no SEC this or that. Saban DB resume is unmatched. Maybe he losing some juice after winning all them titles and probably exhausted with all the changes in CFB
Only juice he losing is the fact don’t have to battle just Clemson and Ohio States for the best recruits no more, but also GA, Miami, USC, Texas, Tenn, TAMU and somewhat FL. Saban was is the definition of a big fish in a small pond. With NIL and other big programs prev mention actually stepping up and investing big money into their program. So that lil pond getting bigger and bigger.

Advertisement
6 O Lineman?! Mario and Mirabel must see a bare cupboard or must be predicting some major attrition with the current roster to use a quarter of our signing class on OL. I trust them!
Well have to start 5 I can see us taking 6 especially after only taking 2 last yr. Plus Zion, Scaife, n that RT don’t know how to spell his name will be gone that’s 3 gone already.

Eddie Jackson fits in this slot. On no one’s radar after summer, ends up at Bama. Not a reach, just that good.
He was known, but NO ONE thought he would qualify. He was, if I remember correctly, a three star. Crazy how far he slipped under everyone’s radar. I’d love to hear Saben tell the inside story of his recruitment and subsequent signing. Straight up stunner

DBs were a mess under him (noticeable decline year-over-year in on-field performance when TRob took over) -- with many of the same players.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Cormani is gonna be recruited by Saban, basically a DB guru. That's our challenge, not no SEC this or that. Saban DB resume is unmatched. Maybe he losing some juice after winning all them titles and probably exhausted with all the changes in CFB
Saban wasn't a DB Guru back in the mid to late 90s....If he was, I watched him getting pointers from Pagano at Greentree. Speaks volumes for Chuck. @Brooklyndee ....you know I ain't lying...Lol

That 08 Class was thrash. Was mostly consist of WR, LB and underside Edge. Highest recruit in that class was Arthur Brown(LB) and he never Play a down here. We sign 4 LB in the top 100 that yr. But no big time players in the trenches
You mean besides the #1 rated dt in the country and the #2 player in the state and a high 4 star right? Other than those two no big time players in the trenches...

Advertisement
@Cribby @DMoney can you actually speak on the size difference that the Canes are actually recruiting now. I myself always noticed that the Canes would always recruit Linebackers, Dline and Oline that were not physically ready to play right way. ( i.e LBers always were coming into the U at 200lbs). While at Bama they would recruit kids that were coming in at 220. Starting point that trainers were completely different
Youre seeing it from the wrong perspective though. While the size is true it's not because it's what we recruited per se like we didn't want anything but that. It's because on average the kids in our recruiting blueprint have been huge majority locals. Kids from down here are fast and athletic on the regular. But very rarely are they fast, athletic AND BIG. Also under Mandy he recruited with several different philosophies fundamentally. #1 it was all about locals. #2 it was all about system fits. #3 it was all about budget & to keep the budget down that meant not getting into wars nationally with the blue bloods. Now we want all the smoke and welcome whatever.

Brown could be TY Hilton. Innis is going to be a great college player.
What exactly have you seen out of Jalen browns game that would make you compare him to ty? Did you EVER watch ty in high school? I'm sorry, I'm not ****tin on brown no matter where he goes. But that's a bat **** nuckin futs comparison for him and ty. Nothing at all similar, other than explosive game changing speed.

Great call on Albert Jean Louis. He didn’t really pan out at BC if I remember correctly.
Yeah if I recall correctly he started for them but was never an impact player. He signed with the bears, but was cut during the preseason and that was all she wrote.

Advertisement
No Way I see us taking in 8 Oline
You are probably right. But ill be frank, I dont see anyone who I would turn away on that list IF they all want in. You dont get a chance to stack your OL room with premier talent every recruiting cycle. There is not one kid remaining on our OL board that is "suspect". They are all great to elite talents. MAYBE Kinsler but the staff is in love with his potential so much they had Kirkland getting nervous about losing his spot after buddy was walking around like he could just troll us whenever he pleased....Now hes got his head back on straight because he sees we really dont need him. What a time to be a Cane right?

You gotta strike while the iron is red hot. And lets also be frank here, there are alot of kids in that OL room that dont belong unfortunately and that will reveal itself pretty fast. You will see some transfers after this season I think. So depth will come into play here as well.

That 08 Class was thrash. Was mostly consist of WR, LB and underside Edge. Highest recruit in that class was Arthur Brown(LB) and he never Play a down here. We sign 4 LB in the top 100 that yr. But no big time players in the trenches
If only they had listened to you they would have known that #1 class was no good

Too bad

Advertisement
If only they had listened to you they would have known that #1 class was no good

Too bad
Bro that class was fine. Shannon need 2 more classes like that to address the other positions, and he should have kept recruiting QBs. Also the overall commitment was just not there. The staff had alot of unqualified coaches. Young guys who should have started elsewhere. It all goes hand in hand, not just bringing in players, but what you bringing them into and building a full roster for 70 players who can ball. One class is not enough

Bro that class was fine. Shannon need 2 more classes like that to address the other positions, and he should have kept recruiting QBs. Also the overall commitment was just not there. The staff had alot of unqualified coaches. Young guys who should have started elsewhere. It all goes hand in hand, not just bringing in players, but what you bringing them into and building a full roster for 70 players who can ball. One class is not enough
Not sure why you’re quoting me but yeah I’m well aware of the 08 class

I was laughing at this persons revisionist history

It was the fkn #1 class in the country and people were going as crazy then as they are now

When Arthur Brown committed to us the “we back” comments were there

But I think most Cane fans understand this like I said just poking fun at this other weirdo

- OL Samson Okunlola (Brockton, MA) remains the jewel of the entire class. I like where Miami sits and could see this one getting resolved in July. Olaus Alinen (Finland) has been all over Miami on social media and we feel good. He is someone who seems to appreciate the attention of the fanbase, so those who post on social media should keep it coming. I continue to expect Tommy Kinsler (Ocala) in the class, even with his pushed back announcement date. He is considered a big-time talent internally. Payton Kirkland (Orlando) and Monroe Freeling (Mt. Pleasant, SC) remain major targets and there is traction with both. I expect us to land the top OL class in the country.

So let's say 4 of the 5 want in (I won't even go there if all 5 want in lol, but who knows with this momentum we have)

Who get's left out or do we take 7?

I'd say the number is 5, but there is a chance we take 6. I personally don't see 7, I could be wrong but for the sake of this argument, who gets left out?

Kirkland?
Kinsler?
Or the more obvious answer, Tinilau?

Advertisement
Back