The Bank (6/26)

View as article
Advertisement
Ole Miss is a bigger threat with Odom than Bama is right now. But things can change
Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

Advertisement
Rod Mack, Ryan Mack, Kevin Mack, Alvin Mack, Mack Trucks.....it's just a surname that screams football and physicality.

Onomatology aside, Ryan Mack with a few more added lbs is a kid I like a lot in the secondary.

Really disappointed you didn’t use onomatology and disirregardless in the same post. You’re losing a step.

This week I’m sending wire transfers from the Grand Canyon.

Miami is finishing up its local business over the next few days. After that, the only focus is landing whales. A lot of names should be coming off the board in the next month and Miami is poised to win some battles. They don’t want a ton of Crystal Balls going off, but I sense quiet confidence in several decisions that may be coming very soon.

- New commit Ryan Mack (St. Thomas) is being recruited as a CB and gives the Canes a combo of track speed (10.86) and pedigree (his dad Rod played linebacker for Miami in the 90s). Mack is another member of the legendary Miami Gardens Ravens youth team, and his dad was a coach.

- Three other members of that youth program were on campus this weekend. WR JoJo Trader (Chaminade) had a tremendous performance at camp in front of Miami’s coaches. I feel very good there. His stock was already high internally, but it went to another level after they saw him up close as a rising senior.

- WR Chance Robinson (St. Thomas Aquinas) solidified his commitment and made clear he wants to be a Cane. I don’t expect the Gators to give up and Miami will keep recruiting until the end. But we are in a good place.

- WR Jeremiah Smith enjoyed his visit, but the ultimate sales job will be on the field. He is a Miami fan who just wants a reason to go to Miami. Brandon Innis was the same way last year, and gave us every chance. Ultimately, we need to score touchdowns and win some games.

- I like Miami for local camp standouts WR Jacorey Barney (Palmetto) and CB Romanas Frédérique, Jr. (St. Thomas Aquinas). The staff evaluated both in person and they are tired of other programs sending these types of kids to the NFL. Long, athletic and versatile.

- Miami has done an excellent job recruiting DE Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago) and are in strong position down the stretch. Big-boy battle but Miami has the momentum.

- DT Artavius Jones (Blounstown, FL) also visited this weekend and he looked the part of a powerful, big-time tackle. I love where Miami sits here and this is one of my favorite prospects. Watch his clips on offense or the basketball court to get a feel for his athleticism.

-Continue to feel really good about the work Miami has done with DT Aydin Breeland (Los Angeles). He has a chance to be this year‘s Francis Mauigoa on the other side of the ball.

- Miami has gotten good feedback from DT Justin Scott (Chicago) since his visit. DE Dylan Stewart (DC) is a true battle. I expect a lot of action on that one the next month and Miami feels they can close.

- DT David Stone is Miami v. Oklahoma. Unlike some other recruitments discussed above, I don’t think this one is over until the clock is done on signing day.

- TE Davon Mitchell also worked out for Miami and showed why he is a national prospect. He is announcing on July 8th and it is a tight battle between Miami and Oklahoma. TE Caleb Odom (Atlanta) will be a battle with Alabama. Miami is firmly in it with both.

- LB Chris Cole (Salem, VA) is someone I’ve not talked as much about on the Bank, but that‘s not due to lack of interest. He’s a priority target and Miami made a lot of progress with him. Miami/Georgia battle with Miami going in the right direction. The timing is unclear with this one.

- Like Gaby on 247, I didn’t get good feedback on CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge). Several things at play there.

- OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle) had a very good visit. Utah has a strong Poly presence but Miami has several long-term relationships. Ongoing battle.

- OT Moritz “Big Schmo” Schmoranzer (Roanake, VA from Germany) has rocketed to the top of Miami’s tackle board after they saw him up close on his visit. Big, athletic frame with a lot of personality. I like where Miami sits here.

- DL Kendall Jackson (Gainesville) blew Miami away on his visit. He’s young for his class and is physically developing at a fast rate. Priority target.

- I still need to dig more on Kamarion Franklin but I know we are in that one. He is another priority, plus-one target Miami would take no matter what.
Love the news about Jeremiah Smith. Offense, put up or shut up, plain and simple.

IF we can get back to having an exciting offense, big plays and scoring points, we’re going to be turning kids away because we’ll be landing Smith and Trader.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DE Kendall Jackson is a name that has been mentioned before by D$ as a priority target but with with guys like Stewart and Lightfoot I never really paid attention. Until now. Holy explosion Batman! This dude is insane! Look at that explosion, aggression and violence with the instincts to boot. This kid is just sick! Jackson just blew me away! Check this out if you haven't yet....

Advertisement
Back