The Bank (6/26/2022)

View as article
Advertisement
So, uhh, we getting anyone else before July 4th?
If I had to guess...

- Ray-Ray said he's announcing sometime this week, should be Orange and Green.
- I expect Riley Williams and one of Collins Acheampong and Jaxon Howard on Friday. If we get all three, I'd be ecstatic...but not necessarily shocked.

Chris Johnson I feel like will pop soon, but tbd on a date. Then Francis (becoming cautiously optimistic, but won't be upset if we miss) and Reed are July 4th.

I don't follow HS stats as much as y'all do...but were Pope and Wiggins not putting any numbers up in games their junior and senior seasons?

I'm the first one to discount 7-on-7 when it comes to QB play. I think you can put about 1% stock into what you see in shorts and translate it to what happens on a 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter of a college football game on the road. But I think the receivers translate much better from 7-on-7 to real games. I know Pope was excellent in the 7-on-7 scene. Did he not do anything in games?
Pope and Wiggins were on the same team that had a horrible QB but i know pope had like 500yds total his HS career. The fact he was a 5 star was unbelievable considering his measurables and production.

If I had to guess...

- Ray-Ray said he's announcing sometime this week, should be Orange and Green.
- I expect Riley Williams and one of Collins Acheampong and Jaxon Howard on Friday. If we get all three, I'd be ecstatic...but not necessarily shocked.

Chris Johnson I feel like will pop soon, but tbd on a date. Then Francis (becoming cautiously optimistic, but won't be upset if we miss) and Reed are July 4th.
Would be nice if Ray Ray committed tonight or tomorrow. Then, we’ll be feeling real good rolling into Friday.

Advertisement
So, uhh, we getting anyone else before July 4th?

Ray Ray Joseph will join the dark side sometime this week
On 7/1, which is Friday, we get Riley Williams
That same day, Friday 7/1, Jaxon Howard announces, and I think he does so for the good guys. I'm going with the last visit trend here
Also on that day, Collins Acheampong announces, and I think he goes to Michigan, but nobody would be surprised with Miami.

3 days later, Monday July 4th, Francis Mauigoa announces.
Also on the 4th, Daron Reed announces

So I think 6 guys that we have really good chances with announce in the next week.

Just for ***** and gigs, if we got all 6 of those kids, it'd vault us to the #3 class in the country.

I actually like Andy Jean better than Jalen Brown...
His route running is so crisp. From what I hear, Jalen Brown is a deep threat, but soft as baby sheet
The soft part has been mentioned before but he is more than just speed and even then, you can’t teach that speed. Kid is athletic, as in he has a vertical is agile and is just given elite natural skills you can’t teach. His real knock is hands are just decent not great. Kid is also a legit 6’1. The idea is that Gattis can get the best out of him. I really like Jean and think he is criminally underrated but we need to keep home talent like Brown. Not just from the naturally gifted aspect but because of clout.

Also, you know how to mitigate the sting of your top tier kids being busts? Recruit a whole roster of them. We have been stung in the past because we didn’t get enough of them and when they would bust, it hurt more. Bama has busts all the time but they are forgotten because they are replaced by more top tier talent.

Advertisement
Ray Ray Joseph will join the dark side sometime this week
On 7/1, which is Friday, we get Riley Williams
That same day, Friday 7/1, Jaxon Howard announces, and I think he does so for the good guys. I'm going with the last visit trend here
Also on that day, Collins Acheampong announces, and I think he goes to Michigan, but nobody would be surprised with Miami.

3 days later, Monday July 4th, Francis Mauigoa announces.
Also on the 4th, Daron Reed announces

So I think 6 guys that we have really good chances with announce in the next week.

Just for ***** and gigs, if we got all 6 of those kids, it'd vault us to the #3 class in the country.
I have a good feeling about Williams, Howard, and Mauigoa.

I don't follow HS stats as much as y'all do...but were Pope and Wiggins not putting any numbers up in games their junior and senior seasons?

I'm the first one to discount 7-on-7 when it comes to QB play. I think you can put about 1% stock into what you see in shorts and translate it to what happens on a 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter of a college football game on the road. But I think the receivers translate much better from 7-on-7 to real games. I know Pope was excellent in the 7-on-7 scene. Did he not do anything in games?
Their senior year high school numbers were pretty pedestrian. I think Wiggins actually had better stats that year. But while Wiggins was under the radar, Pope was a USAAA, and came up big for Southridge in the playoffs at least 1 year So it's not like he just looked good in shorts. He had/has talent, he was just too soft and lazy for the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Recruiting Summary as of right now - I'm close, way off?

QB: done
RB: feel good about Johnson Jr at min - fight for Baxter but not leading at the moment
TE: should be wrapped up Friday
WR: Feel good about the right number to land what we need
OL: feel good but gotta re-circle is we strike out on all 3 of the top tier tackles

DE: feel good about a couple of kids but keeping an eye to make sure they pop
DT: Walker seems like we might be 3rd - Its Cristobal so you assume but seems uncertain right now
LB: Its Cristobal so you assume but seems uncertain right now
CB: feel good a couple guys. last year class helps but like to see at least one top tier guy in the class. maybe Comani?
S: kind of feel good / kind of got some questions - a little uncertain

Advertisement
Back