The Bank (6/20)

View as article
Advertisement
- Miami landed a whale with the commitment of RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa). As we've been reporting on the Bank for weeks, Riley was at the top of the offensive priority board. They view him as an everydown, impact back with a complete game and NFL ability.

- Last year, the end of June/beginning of July was red hot for the Canes. The same could be true this year. Miami is continuing to work hard on several defensive line targets that may be closer to a decision. David Stone (IMG), Aydin Breeland (Los Angeles), Dylan Stewart (Washington DC) and Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago) are names to watch.

- The staff loves QB Judd Anderson (Gray, GA) and his performance at a recent Georgia 7on7 only cemented that evaluation. He threw the ball all over the field and won the championship, drawing the attention of several other P5 schools. He appears to be secure in his commitment. Due to numbers, Miami has always told Judd that they are pursuing an additional QB in high school or in the transfer market. The staff is excited to see Elite 11 standout Trever Jackson (Orlando) throw in person this summer. There is real intrigue there.

- The story on WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) is simple. Yes, he's visiting this weekend, but that recruitment will go down to the wire and depends almost entirely on our performance on the field.

- The Florida smoke with WR Chance Robinson (STA) is real but Miami is confident they will lock that one down with a good visit this weekend. Remember, we saw the same UF hype last year only to watch their class crumble. I expect something similar this year, especially once the team starts playing and losing.

- Name to keep an eye on at tight end: TE Davon Mitchell (Los Angeles). He is a 2025 kid that will reclassify to 2024. He's visiting this week for his second unofficial and commits in a few weeks. He may be the top tight end in the nation, regardless of class.

- WR Drelon Miller (Port Arthur, TX) is still in the picture. Texas A&M/Miami battle.

- Miami wants to see WR/TE Korey Duff (NYC) run in person to get a feel for his speed. Duff had a huge offseason for Team RAW in the 7on7 circuit and is a contested-catch machine. Kevin Beard is really pushing here.

- DT Justin Scott (Chicago) had a great time on his Miami visit but there is still work to do there. Miami is firmly in the game and has a very good shot.

- Miami likes where they sit with OT Deryc Plazz (Jacksonville) and loves his developmental upside. One name that is shooting up the board- German OL Moritz Schmoranzer. He really impressed Miami with his body type in person and has a huge personality. The athleticism pops on tape.

- This weekend's visit is big for elite OG Isendre Ahfua (Seattle). That one is far from a layup and there is work to do. On the plus side, guys like Jayden Wayne (from Tacoma) and Francis Mauigoa are major assets as recruiters.

- CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge) is a flip candidate this weekend. He is a Georgia commit but Miami has been working hard there for a while.

- We reported a couple weeks ago that WR Jacorey Barney (Palmetto) really impressed Miami at their camp. He is emerging as a serious target at WR. Another name that blew everyone away at camp? Recent West Virginia commit Romanas Frederique. He is a CB/WR/PR with length who recently transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas from Deerfield Beach. Big-time upside at corner and Miami is very interested.
@DMoney What about Elias Rudolph. Sounds like he's committing to us on the 3rd.

Advertisement
Yall should prefer when D$ goes even keeled. Cuz some of u man take confidence as guaranteed then its going ham. We will get more of these players rhan we lose, especially the ones who took multiple visits before OV, and mainly the ones who were at Cristobal's house at the BBQ.

@DMoney
CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge) is a flip candidate this weekend. He is a Georgia commit but Miami has been working hard there for a while.

So they see Heyward as a cb recruit?. If so....i love it.
We got a cb from the area last class (Stafford) and i would sell him as being Tyrique Stevenson as a cb here.
Flip that dude and be the first Rockledge recruit in my life.
10.6 speed,would be our fastest cb.

Advertisement
@DMoney
CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge) is a flip candidate this weekend. He is a Georgia commit but Miami has been working hard there for a while.

So they see Heyward as a cb recruit?. If so....i love it.
We got a cb from the area last class (Stafford) and i would sell him as being Tyrique Stevenson as a cb here.
Flip that dude and be the first Rockledge recruit in my life.
Addae can sell both his CBs Drafted last year

Advertisement
Is Wingo going to OV in December? I feel like I read that somewhere but wasn’t sure. That would be a perfect time imo after the (hopefully) improved season and right before early signing day. He’s taking 4 OV in June here

orca-whale-spinning-j96i17hpv7vx3i9t.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back