The Bank (6/20)

View as article
Anything to recent Franklin news of another visit?
11694030.jpeg

Advertisement
- Miami landed a whale with the commitment of RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa). As we've been reporting on the Bank for weeks, Riley was at the top of the offensive priority board. They view him as an everydown, impact back with a complete game and NFL ability.

- Last year, the end of June/beginning of July was red hot for the Canes. The same could be true this year. Miami is continuing to work hard on several defensive line targets that may be closer to a decision. David Stone (IMG), Aydin Breeland (Los Angeles), Dylan Stewart (Washington DC) and Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago) are names to watch.

- The staff loves QB Judd Anderson (Gray, GA) and his performance at a recent Georgia 7on7 only cemented that evaluation. He threw the ball all over the field and won the championship, drawing the attention of several other P5 schools. He appears to be secure in his commitment. Due to numbers, Miami has always told Judd that they are pursuing an additional QB in high school or in the transfer market. The staff is excited to see Elite 11 standout Trever Jackson (Orlando) throw in person this summer. There is real intrigue there.

- The story on WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) is simple. Yes, he's visiting this weekend, but that recruitment will go down to the wire and depends almost entirely on our performance on the field.

- The Florida smoke with WR Chance Robinson (STA) is real but Miami is confident they will lock that one down with a good visit this weekend. Remember, we saw the same UF hype last year only to watch their class crumble. I expect something similar this year, especially once the team starts playing and losing.

- Name to keep an eye on at tight end: TE Davon Mitchell (Los Angeles). He is a 2025 kid that will reclassify to 2024. He's visiting this week for his second unofficial and commits in a few weeks. He may be the top tight end in the nation, regardless of class.

- WR Drelon Miller (Port Arthur, TX) is still in the picture. Miami sees it as a Texas A&M/Miami battle but a lot of credible people are saying that USC made a major move this weekend.

- Miami wants to see WR/TE Korey Duff (NYC) run in person to get a feel for his speed. Duff had a huge offseason for Team RAW in the 7on7 circuit and is a contested-catch machine. Kevin Beard is really pushing here.

- DT Justin Scott (Chicago) had a great time on his Miami visit but there is still work to do there. Miami is firmly in the game and has a very good shot.

- Miami likes where they sit with OT Deryc Plazz (Jacksonville) and loves his developmental upside. One name that is shooting up the board- German OL Moritz Schmoranzer. He really impressed Miami with his body type in person and has a huge personality. The athleticism pops on tape.

- This weekend's visit is big for elite OG Isendre Ahfua (Seattle). That one is far from a layup and there is work to do. On the plus side, guys like Jayden Wayne (from Tacoma) and Francis Mauigoa are major assets as recruiters.

- CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge) is a flip candidate this weekend. He is a Georgia commit but Miami has been working hard there for a while.

- We reported a couple weeks ago that WR Jacorey Barney (Palmetto) really impressed Miami at their camp. He is emerging as a serious target at WR. Another name that blew everyone away at camp? Recent West Virginia commit Romanas Frederique. He is a CB/WR/PR with length who recently transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas from Deerfield Beach. Big-time upside at corner and Miami is very interested.

- Miami feels they are right in the mix with DE Elias Rudolph, who announces on July 3rd. Michigan is another top contender there.
Great stuff @DMoney

Ahfua and Heyward are huge targets! Barney seems like a classic late riser type that there seem to be quite a few of in South Florida. We need to keep working on all of those elite DL targets and the WRs as well. I've said many times that Mario's success here will hinge on his ability to recruit the following positions at an elite level. DT, WR, CB and QB. If this class turns out like I feel it should then Mario would have proven himself at DT, WR and CB to an extent. I love the Jackson kid from West Orange and signing him would be great. The big-time QBs will come as the offense begins to flex it's muscle. With an OL, RB, TE and WR like we are bringing in the elite QBs will be banging our door down. We are on our way. We just have to keep at it and we know that this staff will do just that!

One more thing. The more I watch Elias Rudolph, the more I love him as a prospect.

Advertisement
Love to see our national footprint. This is an area where we have not consistently excelled for too long.

There really is no choice, if we’re going to get back to the top, we have to expand our horizons in terms of the recruiting geography.

Also, live by the south Florida divas, die by the South Florida divas. Which makes this type of national recruiting an absolute necessity.
Get the best and the best can come from anywhere. Mix that in first than sfla elites will start wanting to play with them.

Advertisement
Another name that blew everyone away at camp? Recent West Virginia commit Romanas Frederique. He is a CB/WR/PR with length who recently transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas from Deerfield Beach. Big-time upside at corner and Miami is very interested.
Tell me where I’ve seen this before. WR, West Virginia commit, St. Thomas, about 150-160lbs…

Flip season.

Advertisement
Awesome stuff

Are we still recruiting Lawayne McCoy?

And are we done at RB now with Riley & CWH

Probably still are since I don’t think we have a real shot at Miller or Staley. Duff is not a take. we have often struck out on OOS WRs (good ones). I’d argue Mario hasn’t landed one prep OOS WR (I suppose you can count Horton but he was a manny recruit. It’s tough sledding for Mario at this position which is why we really only stand a real chance with local sofla WRs. So yeah, McCoy is in the picture mostly bc we will most likely strike out on everyone else.

I think they are focused on Adarius Hayes. The plan was to take two LBs so they are swinging big on #3. They really liked Nesta, that was a loss.
Successfully flipping Hayes and having him in this class would be tremendous. I really loved Nesta as well but we can't win them all. Shavers, Pruitt and Hayes would be an epic class to stack on top of Bryant, Aguirre, Washington, Pulliam and Spencer(I just don't see him sticking at Safety).

Advertisement
How exactly does the staff view Korey Duff? As a big WR or a TE? How many TEs are we taking this cycle and how TE friendly is Dawson's offense? I'm guessing it's extremely friendly because we seem to be in it for every major TE target. That's awesome and also a testament to the type of recruiter and coach that Cody Woodiel is.

Hopefully the staff knocks it out of the park this weekend with all our visitors. I know they will but I would hate to lose a kid like Chance Robinson to those hillbillies up by Palatka.

I'm going to go ahead and come out once and for all! Here goes....... I've been a Judd Anderson fan since he committed. I know that many here don't share my view but I see something in the kid and I think he's quite a bit better than many have made him out to be. An Anderson/Jackson QB class would be great for this cycle. Don't freak out the elite QBs will be begging for offers when they see the OL and the collection of offensive skill talent we are bringing in. However we must finish out strong with this WR class. We are right in it for many elite kids and I have confidence that Dawson's offense will be attractive to them and that Mario will close. Just look at the RB room with new commit Kevin Riley. Look at this OL group we are building then look at the TE room. Big time QBs will come Ray for it is offers they have but an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions that they lack. Yes Ray, big time QBs will come.

I really really really want to flip that CB Heyward. That kid is a great CB prospect. Just the thought of taking Heyward and Robinson away from Georgia makes me all kinds of giddy.

We have a rare opportunity to simultaneously flip most of the DL room and make a huge statement with this DL class. Make it happen Mario, JT and Big Joe!

One more thing.... Have I told everyone how much I love Elias Rudolph? Kid is a future terror at DE. Imagine a DE class of Stewart, Lightfoot, Simmons and Rudolph. Then imagine a DT class of Stone, Jackson, Scott, Breland and Cunningham. I'm not saying we get all of them but we could very well get most of them. Think it's BS? A pipedream maybe? When word inside the Hecht leaks that the staff believes that this DL class may be the best in the nation and the best DL class in Miami history then that's saying something especially when you take into account that this staff is most definitely capable of doing just that. We need this, we are worthy of this......... Heck... We deserve this!!!

If nothing else, this is going to be a really interesting year.

Advertisement
Back