The Bank (5/3)

View as article
Someone should start publishing a The Bank but for the general mood of the board and whether the Mopes or the Slurpers are ascendant/who is carrying the day.

- The Mopes are out in full force, accusing our head coach Mario Cristobal of acting too slow in the transfer portal for several marquee players at positions of desperate need. They feel that his reputation as a power run coach who destroyed Justin Herbert's college career (quite possibly his life) and his extremely deliberate (some would say glacially slow) personnel selection process have doomed us to an eternity of mediocrity. Every morsel of new information confirms this narrative.

- The Slurpers on the other hand are preaching patience, trust the process, that Mario knows what he's doing and that just because we're not hearing news doesn't mean we're not making moves.

- Look for the Mopes to respond that the Slurpers are just deluding themselves again, that if they really looked at the situation objectively they'd see just how futile an endeavor Miami Hurricanes football fandom is. That this is yet another classic case of orange and green colored glasses.

I know both sides are frustrated but what I'm hearing is that it will be a very exciting week of narratives ahead.

Advertisement
Agreed, NIL+Portal together are a total mess. College football needs to eliminate the immediate eligibility transfer rule (unless grad transfer). That simple. Not sure why NCAA wouldn't make that move?
The Universities need to pay the players out of the massive tv contracts, bind the players and have their image rights go through them. That will stop all this madness and we can stop pretending it is and was ever amateur sports starting years ago

Someone should start publishing a The Bank but for the general mood of the board and whether the Mopes or the Slurpers are ascendant/who is carrying the day.

- The Mopes are out in full force, accusing our head coach Mario Cristobal of acting too slow in the transfer portal for several marquee players at positions of desperate need. They feel that his reputation as a power run coach who destroyed Justin Herbert's college career (quite possibly his life) and his extremely deliberate (some would say glacially slow) personnel selection process have doomed us to an eternity of mediocrity. Every morsel of new information confirms this narrative.

- The Slurpers on the other hand are preaching patience, trust the process, that Mario knows what he's doing and that just because we're not hearing news doesn't mean we're not making moves.

- Look for the Mopes to respond that the Slurpers are just deluding themselves again, that if they really looked at the situation objectively they'd see just how futile an endeavor Miami Hurricanes football fandom is. That this is yet another classic case of orange and green colored glasses.

I know both sides are frustrated but what I'm hearing is that it will be a very exciting week of narratives ahead.
So you want more arguments than whats already there?

Advertisement
Oh yay, the Mario slurper attack hyena’s are out in force going after anyone speaking truth.

**** every one of you. Did any one of you learn from the last 4 or so coaches that you’re actually a better fan for being honest?

Nope. You ****ers aren’t going to bully people speaking truth like you did before. There’s a big difference between speaking honest truth with good intention and being a **** on everything miserable ****.

If you slurpers start going after people for speaking honest facts and opinion that doesn’t jive with your fairytale dreams I’m going to hound, haunt and hunt you like Freddy Kruger.
I *** with ****ed off RVA lol

So you want more arguments than whats already there?
simpsons.gif

Advertisement
I didn’t say anything about Malone or any trench guys.

Chance is not the same as a portal player. Most of those guys are in their money year. They’re less inclined to take the risk than a kid still in high school who hasn’t signed yet. Remember Andy Jean?
I agree with you most times but Nathaniel was a stud wr we just signed and I’m not a Mario slurper but if you’re speaking strictly portal then 👍

I agree with you most times but Nathaniel was a stud wr we just signed and I’m not a Mario slurper but if you’re speaking strictly portal then 👍
Mostly portal though really any traditional tall fast outside WR1.

That said, Joseph’s a stud. He was a slot guy in the recruitment but because of the way the portal WR recruiting is going, I actually think we need to try him (and possibly Robbie on the outside). I had this conversation earlier today with @TheOriginalCane offline. He can play a Jeff Thomas-ish role. We need to create an outside downfield threat and show the offense has changed. I think we’ll have to do it from who we have and Ray Ray would be the guy I’d try. Plus it would create a lot of excitement for WR recruiting if he does well.

Advertisement
Show me another 300lber out there doing this

Proper coaching and dedication and that Artavious kid has top 5 talent written all over him.

Sophomore season playing more offense/TE

At the .50 second mark what in the Coach D No Frio defense is going on here?. And what he does to that poor kid so lackadaiscally. I stopped the tape there...i want this kid on my team i dont even know what he does on defense and that is his sophomore film but he instantly has shot up to my top 3 dt in this class and a priority lol

I hope we get that Louisiana corner as well and Coleman to go along with the big defensive tackles that’ll put us in a great spot for this season if done correctly the portal can help us get ten wins this year.

Advertisement
Jaden Harris is the name to watch at safety. Miami likes his speed, physicality and mindset but his weakness is man coverage. We saw that in his limited playing time this year.
I thought it was reported that he started spring at safety but then finished it back at nickel?

Advertisement
Back