The Bank (5/3)

View as article
Keep your heads on a swivel with the portal. Just because there’s not many names being thrown around doesn’t mean work isn’t being done. There’s a method to the operation.

Translation

drake zac GIF

Advertisement
You guys know I'm a huge Mario fan. But I am definitely not a slurper. He is digging out of a deep deep hole left by previous staphs. But he made his own mess with Gattis and going way too slow in the portal last offseason and this offseason. The guy knew he was our #1 target as HC for months. He didn't think to have a few OC options in place? Then he knew he was firing Gattis for months. Rinse and repeat. No OC options ready to go... WTF?

Now I really like Dawson, don't get me wrong. But Mario's inability to scenario plan and his pace is a big blind spot for him. And the fact he couldn't figure out how to back channel more portalers at WR and CB is unconscionable. We lucked out with Kiko, too, as LB is a dumpster fire without him.

All the above said. the guy is relentless. So while he has made some massive mistakes, he also just keeps chugging forward like Thomas the Train. The staff is better, the culture is better, the overall program is better, and the recruiting is elite. So fans are absolutely right and fair to criticize his many failures. But I still believe he's our best chance at greatness again, and am confident he'll get us there.
Great post. I think he’ll succeed too if he opens up the offense and builds the trenches 1st. Gattis was a mess and his hiring process is lethargic if that word works there??? Lol But he will build this thing from the inside trenches out. I think the QB and WR pieces start to fall into place the way we need them in a year.

Told them give him time and the monsters will arrive. Wins will come way later but it will be worth it. It will be sustainable wins yearly. EZ fkin work. Glad MC thinks like me. Cause this is exactly what I ask for a HC to do.
K think it’ll be ok if he puts these legit A+ monsters in the trenches and builds from the inside out. A team can definitely be built this way and it’s probably a better foundational way. I’m happy we’re going to be elite in the trenches.

Advertisement
Oh yay, the Mario slurper attack hyena’s are out in force going after anyone speaking truth.

**** every one of you. Did any one of you learn from the last 4 or so coaches that you’re actually a better fan for being honest?

Nope. You ****ers aren’t going to bully people speaking truth like you did before. There’s a big difference between speaking honest truth with good intention and being a **** on everything miserable ****.

If you slurpers start going after people for speaking honest facts and opinion that doesn’t jive with your fairytale dreams I’m going to hound, haunt and hunt you like Freddy Kruger.
god damn GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh yay, the Mario slurper attack hyena’s are out in force going after anyone speaking truth.

**** every one of you. Did any one of you learn from the last 4 or so coaches that you’re actually a better fan for being honest?

Nope. You ****ers aren’t going to bully people speaking truth like you did before. There’s a big difference between speaking honest truth with good intention and being a **** on everything miserable ****.

If you slurpers start going after people for speaking honest facts and opinion that doesn’t jive with your fairytale dreams I’m going to hound, haunt and hunt you like Freddy Kruger.
LOL
stripes lighten GIF

If the NCAA is thinking of changing the redshirt rule to 6 games, they may as well just allow 5 years of eligibility.

There's a lot of money going back and forth in college football today. A LOT of money.

I don't see many sticking around their full, five years if that becomes a thing. AND, it's typically four years to get your degree - not five.

I could be wrong - but that's not likely.

Miami has been working in silence. Expect business to pick up in a major way this weekend. Can't say too many names yet, but I think Canes fans will be happy.

- Miami will be hosting several important Portal kids this weekend. Expect an explosive running back, a physically gifted defensive back and another starting-caliber defensive back to emerge shortly. It has already been reported that Keivie Rose (All-Conference DT from Louisiana Tech) is visiting. He is a small-town kid who is visiting with his mother and brother. The visit will be critical here. If he comes, he will be more of a physical interior presence.

- As we've reported since he entered the Portal, I love Miami's chances with Tywon Malone (DT from Ole Miss). He would be more of the athletic, penetrating type.

- Two linebackers will be visiting- Konnor Near (Ferris State) and Larry Nixon (North Texas). Both are All-Conference players at their level and project as inside backers. Neer has three years of eligibility, while Larry Nixon has one. Miami wants competition there. Neer is coming for one day on a straight business trip. It is likely going to come down to Miami and Oklahoma, where he just visited.

- Miami really likes JUCO center Amaury Wiggins, who is visiting this weekend. He has three years of eligibility and could be the center of the future. Even if Wiggins comes, there is still a chance Lou Cristobal joins the program. The overall scholarship number is getting tight so there will need to be roster management.

- Miami is still in the market for a backup QB with the goal of redshirting Jacurri Brown, at his request. If the NCAA moves the redshirt cap from 4 to 6 games, which is on the table, it will make the process a lot easier.

- JUCO WR Shemar Kirk should be visiting tomorrow through Saturday. Miami loves him. They are still in the game with WR Zakhari Franklin (UTSA transfer) and WR JaQuae Jackson (JUCO All-American). WR Xzavier Henderson is not totally out of the picture but there are complications there.

- Miami feels good where it stands with Chicago products EDGE Marquise Lightfoot and DT Justin Scott. They are also in a very good place with Seattle IOL Isendre Ahfua, who they love. Another player of Samoan descent that Miami really likes is DT Jayden Jackson at IMG. He is being recruited by Francis Mauigoa. He is close with DT David Stone, who remains a major Miami priority.

- There is traction with DT Artavius Jones (Blountstown, FL). He fits the mold of a future NFL prospect with his basketball and offensive background at 280+. I like where Miami sits in this recruitment and I absolutely love the prospect.

- Miami is also in the mix with Aydin Breeland (Mater Dei, CA), TA Cunningham (Miami Central), Alex January (Duncanville, TX) and Marcus Downs (Greer, SC). I expect Miami to land a monster class at DT that could be four-deep or more.
1683168860313.gif

Advertisement
Gunna be a lot of improved DT skill coming through here soon enough.

But Leonard Taylor is honestly getting criminally forgotten about. I think he is going to have an elite season for us and be an All-American with Kam Kinchens.
I saw LT in the first round of a mock draft for next year

Honestly is it any wonder College coaches bolt to the NFL at the first opportunity?

Talent acquisition through recruiting and the Portal is literally year round now. It must be exhausting.
Imagine if this was the NFL and all of your great, good, and average players were all on one year contracts?

And you even have your supposed good player (TVD) have a bad year (albeit largely because of the OC) yet still threatens to transfer at last minute if he doesn’t get a raise?

Imagine if this was the NFL and all of your great, good, and average players were all on one year contracts?

And you even have your supposed good player (TVD) have a bad year (albeit largely because of the OC) yet still threatens to transfer at last minute if he doesn’t get a raise?
Agreed, NIL+Portal together are a total mess. College football needs to eliminate the immediate eligibility transfer rule (unless grad transfer). That simple. Not sure why NCAA wouldn't make that move?

Advertisement
Back