The Bank (4/3)

If JHH leaves he better have a **** UGA starting offer. He’s going to start on a top defense with strong edges and LB play to help him.

Advertisement
I dont think we have a scenario where Gore and Campbell both are still around after April 13th. One has to go.

My patience is starting to run out on Moten. Didnt we beat out OU for this kid? And he cant even crack the 2 deep yet?? Im not asking for him to be a starter. But **** kid, 2 deep at this stage should absolutely be realistic. Some serious conversations need to be had with him around what our expectations are of him this summer because we are depending on him to be in the 2 deep at some point this year. Especially since Cook sounds like hes a dud.

We cant expect Blount, Scott or Jones to save us at DT as true freshmen in the 2 deep.
Don’t Gore and Campbell have to go just to make room for the incoming HS summer enrollees? That doesn’t count the space we need to make to address the other deficiencies at CB, S, RB and now another DT.

Moten was always a project but agree on concerns with him not cracking 2 deep especially on this DL. Jordan Miller was another project but he reshaped his body and was a contributor by his second year. Moten has a long way just to match him.

As for Cook being a dud not sure if you heard but he has the UM weightlifting record…..

Eh, Moten was a mid 3 star recruit. The only guys we signed lower than him were juco Colbie Young and Anez Cooper who is by far the steal of that class.

Something that doesn’t get mentioned much is how Mario sacrificed hiring a staff to prioritize that 2022 class and that class has contributed almost nothing. Cooper has been really good. Bussanthe looks like a solid linebacker and that’s about it. Kelly has contributed at DE but had been hurt/mediocre and Citizen has been injured.
The first few months of Mario’s tenure could be classified as an unmitigated disaster for sure

Eh, Moten was a mid 3 star recruit. The only guys we signed lower than him were juco Colbie Young and Anez Cooper who is by far the steal of that class.

Something that doesn’t get mentioned much is how Mario sacrificed hiring a staff to prioritize that 2022 class and that class has contributed almost nothing. Cooper has been really good. Bussanthe looks like a solid linebacker and that’s about it. Kelly has contributed at DE but had been hurt/mediocre and Citizen has been injured.
We basically lost an entire class. There’s whiffs everywhere, some on Mario and some just holdovers from Manny for numbers purposes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember those staff hire victory laps like it was yesterday.
I expected things like that from a new coach like Manny but not someone that’s been around. If you want to take forever to make a decision I’m cool with it as long as it’s done well at the end. It took too long and it was a mistake.

Makes sense why the program continues to suffer because of decisions made during that time period

Not hard to figure out the situation.

Bain is currently injured and we’ve heard little about it.

Mesidor: coming off injury and see above

Kelly: see above

Portal. We brought is Alston… who is familiar with Guidry and anyone with any sense in their head would assume that he’ll play a ton.

So the Starting line up would most likely include: BAIN, JHH, and Alston. If Mesidor is healthy he likely starts.

I think Wayne transfers to UDUB after spring. There was noise about it last year when Bain was dominating.

Too many mouths to feed.

Not hard to figure out the situation.

Bain is currently injured and we’ve heard little about it.

Mesidor: coming off injury and see above

Kelly: see above

Portal. We brought is Alston… who is familiar with Guidry and anyone with any sense in their head would assume that he’ll play a ton.

So the Starting line up would most likely include: BAIN, JHH, and Alston. If Mesidor is healthy he likely starts.

I think Wayne transfers to UDUB after spring. There was noise about it last year when Bain was dominating.

Too many mouths to feed.
Bain was back at practice already and was full go.

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s him either I’m just curious why we are so protective over a name that may leave if it’s someone who maybe hasn’t played much. To me you protect if it’s a starter who will really hurt.
The tea leaves indicate it’s somebody who wants to be paid more. JHH fits that clue.

Advertisement
Could be multiple guys as well, just saying…

When the dust settles post portal, I do think we’ll be in a better position than we were to begin with. That’s the good news. I do truly believe we’ll push to upgrade the roster wherever we can, with maybe an exception at CB (unfortunately, in terms of acquiring a top guy as opposed to someone more suited for depth).

We’re not squandering a talent like Cam Ward. If we do, burn it all down.

I expected things like that from a new coach like Manny but not someone that’s been around. If you want to take forever to make a decision I’m cool with it as long as it’s done well at the end. It took too long and it was a mistake.

Makes sense why the program continues to suffer because of decisions made during that time period
2022 was essentially a throw away season.

I'll be blunt, I never imagined the portal being like this. It's more a complicated relationship status. I love it, but there's always a grenade or 2 I didn't see coming and I hate it. Scorned lover may be more appropriate Those that share little nuggets I appreciate it.

Advertisement
Back