The Bank (2/10)

View as article
Advertisement
How concerned are you that the current QBs on the roster may bolt after spring IF both the OC hire is deemed poor and we fail to pick up WRs .... or one of the two happen?

Looks like average year in Sofl to me...Don't see it being down. JMO

Down year in Dade I guess...Or at least kids playing in Dade. Broward (Cham/STA) looks about on par with usual and an above year in PBC

Advertisement
Love seeing us be aggressive with the Portal. Getting it right in the Portal over the next 3-4 months will be the difference between a 6-6/7-5 team and ACCCG team in 2023.

I'm assuming the elite prospects weekend coming up will be the launching pad for aggressive 2024 recruiting. Hoping we have all our coaches in place by then!!

Advertisement
A family member works at max leblancs school. They got a 25 wr/ath hes a .9912 on 247 cameron sparks. I have no idea if we're on him or not

DADE will be loaded, but not like it was 10-15 years ago. The demographics in Dade have slightly changed. But BROWARD and Palm Beach have seen an increase in elite recruits, especially BROWARD, so South Florida still remains a hot recruiting bed.

Advertisement
Wanted to highlight a few names who have not been discussed (I ran searches) but are high on Miami's board. Some of these guys are unranked but poised to skyrocket up the charts:
The search functionality on CIS is sorta iffy. Sometimes, when I search, I only get partial results. Often, I have to end up using a search engine like DuckDuckGo to find what I'm looking for. Sometimes the search reports hits in tweets, sometimes it doesn't. This is why I've started to post names with tweets (which seems redundant but the text tends to show up more reliably). I've mentioned this problem to @Andrew previously.

- Isaiah Thomas, S, Clearwater, FL (via Toronto)

South Florida is down this year. We will still recruit certain top guys, but expect a national flavor on the priority board.

I spoke to NIL agent sources who let me know that several legit WRs were considering jumping in the Portal after the spring. That's a situation to monitor. Expect Miami to be aggressive. They plan to take two Portal WRs before August camp.

In any case, @One9 first posted about Isaiah Thomas here.

and I added him to the Safety board albeit with his middle name included like he does with his twitter. I removed his middle initial to hopefully allow better search results.

I also created a thread on him

Advertisement
Wanted to highlight a few names who have not been discussed (I ran searches) but are high on Miami's board. Some of these guys are unranked but poised to skyrocket up the charts:

- Darien Mayo, DE, Baltimore, MD
@Hoyacane1620 started a thread on him two years ago. Its been updated w/the new info

- Debron Gatling, WR, Alpharetta, GA

@Memnon created a thread on Debron Gatling here

Looks like average year in Sofl to me...Don't see it being down. JMO

Down year in Dade I guess...Or at least kids playing in Dade. Broward (Cham/STA) looks about on par with usual and an above year in PBC
We will pick at what we like and go nationally. Long as we continue to add talent it’s cool.

Advertisement
Back