The Bank (12/17)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve only watched highlights but this doesn’t seem like an outrageous take to me.
Judd Anderson ideally grows into being Will Howard. Seems like he was an ideal body type for what they want.

But if you're going to take a passer who has more finesse than physical. Baby Tua has the experience, IQ and tools to lead the ACC in every significant category. He's done it at the highest level

Ward does as well. But he's been in the same system for his entire career and doesn't have a ton of experience outside of that. I wonder if he is reliant on the OC making things really easy for him. But he does have the natural ability to make things happen when the play breaks down.

Gut feeling...Ward is coming here and bringing the circus. The pressure and expectations are going to be very high and if things go wrong it's going to get ugly. We are still a 7-5 team. Im hearing playoffs in every thread. Baby Tua just feels like we can still have those goals but without all the attention.

IMG_0747.jpeg
I dunno know as this goes on and on. Maybe, just maybe, bringing TVD back wouldn't have been a bad plan for us. But he lost confidence in this staff in the same way the staff lost confidence in him. There is no guarantee we get Ward, and if we do it will be much more expensive than if we got TVD back. Sometimes, I think when you recruit well, and we did with TVD, you have to let the final act in the play show itself. I know most of you don't agree but, to this point anyway, I don't think we are better off without him than we were with him. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
You do realize, he went to another P5 school between Incarnate Word and today. And was not paid huge NIL.

Some guys just need reps. Period.

But if you think Miami will start offering guys whose best offer is Incarnate Word...because of a projection, even if accurate...
Was mainly addressing our long list of very average HS QBs that we have signed this century. I'm sure there is more than a little "luck" involved but still .... we don't seem to hit on our "fair share" of major successes.

Whether that's an evaluation or development problem (or both), hard to say.

The guy that went to incarnate word is not the same guy who's worth $2mil+ today. We're paying for the 3 years of development and PROOF that he's a good QB.. Not projecting/speculating whether he is or not.
$2 million? might be $10 million+ (if that "seven figure" report is right). I don't know if the "proof" on Ward warrants that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back