The Bank (12/10)

View as article
Advertisement
These are two of the biggest weeks in recent Canes football history. I apologize for being vague, but here is the latest in a fluid and fast-moving process.

- Everybody inside and outside the Hecht is focused on the quarterback position. You already know the various names. All I can say is that I don’t expect Miami to settle for a second-tier player and I think a decision will come this week.

- This is college free agency. We saw that with Colbie Young, a good player who didn’t feel he was being offered enough money to stay. The staff is focused on upgrades and maximizing value.

- Some names that Miami likes in the Portal- Purdue WR Deion Burks, Georgia LB Xavian Sorey, Middle Tennessee DT Marley Cook, Tennessee DE Tyler Baron and Indiana C Zach Carpenter. I expect more names to jump in the Portal.

- The Canes continue to aggressively pursue DT Armondo Blount (Central) and he is a name to watch down the stretch.

- DT CJ Clark (NC State) had a great visit and I like Miami’s chances there.

- WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) is watching the QB situation closely. Miami continues to have an intense focus there. Less of a chance with CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) but they are making Georgia work.

- RB Jordan Lyle (STA) remains a priority and a flip candidate.

- Spots are getting tight with the high school class. Don't be surprised to see significant movement in the next week or so.

- Not official yet but very good chance Jalen Rivers comes back for his senior year.
Nice work! I believe Pete mentioned this yesterday but do you feel like JHH is trending towards returning as well?

I think they’re focused on 1 and then another but I don’t think we have anyone yet.
There are two guys not
ehh it seems like theres a 1a and 1b because I don't think they consider howard second tier, but I hope you're right and ward is a done deal or just looking for miami to match or something.
I think you're right as well but I'm just going off of dmoney timeline amd based off that it's only been guy rumored to visit

Of course the landscape has changed where cheating is now legal and playingfields are mostly as level as you can afford but mannnnnn do I wish I had a time machine.

To go back to the era where athletes were truly student-athletes and they were grateful for a free education and a meal plan?

No, jackass.

I want a time machine so I can go back in time and punch every clown in the throat that made excuses for and justified/enabled Miami's lack of spending as they claimed with a straight face that we don't and never will have the resources to play with the "big boys".

Is there an infinite pool of cash if this program doesn't turn around soon like there might be at some other schools? Absolutely not.

Has our performance on the NIL front since it's inception and up through now been as good as ANY other school? Absolutely.

Soooo hopefully we land the #1 QB in the Portal but just remember those that were either too gullible or shortsighted to ever believe we'd even have a shot because a diminutive former president and a bevy of inept ADs and a lot of idiot media members kept feeding them that poverty narrative to make their own jobs easier or to advance agendas.

End rant.

Advertisement
@DMoney

Just an Opinion but I think the portal class should look like this.

QB1: Cam Ward/Will Howard

QB2: TJ Thompson- An actual backup with some tools. Possibly can replace our starter.

RB: EJ Smith - Excels as a Receiving Back and we really don‘t have one. Not going to challenge for a starting spot but can come in, fill a role and take Don’s snaps.

WR: Will Sheppard/Chris Brazzell/Donovan McCulley - We’re going to miss not having multiple dudes with height. All three are high YPC guys and produced at extremely high levels. Take one.

WR: Josh Kelly/Matthew Golden - It’ll be nice to have a legit No. 1 guy. Take one

TE - Drake Dabney/Maliq Carr - Proven guys with proven production. We can’t go into next season using McCormick again. Take one.

OL: Zach Carpenter/Ethan Miner - Need a starter @ Center.

Pass Rushers: Tyler Barron/Sam Okunlola/Nate Kennard- We need more reliability on the edge. Kelly wasn’t do so hot when he was playing. Take one

DL: Derrick Harmon, CJ Clark, Chris McClellan - I understand they like Marley Cook but we need to bring in high level under classmen if possible and Chris with Derrick fit that bill.

LB: Xavien Sorey - Too talented to pass up

CB: Nyland Green - Take a shot here on talent. We need to get bigger here anyways.

S: Jardin Gilbert and Phillip Dunnam - 2 starters ready to go. I also would not hate Kamari Wilson as a box guy.

15 spots here.

Last edited:
He could transfer. Ole Miss has been involved, among others. QB is a big domino with these guys.
Is let Brashard go Angel try to get Colvin Young back tbh.

Brashard was great with the ball in his hands… but as an actual full on wr head a lot to grow.

Advertisement
Some fans are simply delusional on whats been going on. "Bond between school and player gone" 🤣🤣🤣🤣. In case yall aint know the bags, legal or not are not new. Whats new is the portal. The elite players been getting paid. Some still are getting str8 bags before enrolling. U are focus on the bags now because they can transfer at anytime.

Yall thought Jimbo was joking when he went off on Saban. They both know how the meal is cooked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need to be harder on the beaver (ward)

#iykyk
gun hd GIF

What a difference in recruiting the last two years have been compared to the last 15.
With the exception of the COVID year when we got LT, and JW20, it was just a constant cycle good early commits in the year and inevitable decomit after a few weeks. Recruting was tough to follow and I began hating going to the recruiting board.
Following recruiting is actually fun again.

The crocs respect this post as they're living that former life of ours.

Advertisement
Back