The Bank (12/10)

View as article
Advertisement
@DMoney

Just an Opinion but I think the portal class should look like this.

QB1: Cam Ward/Will Howard

QB2: TJ Thompson- An actual backup with some tools. Possibly can replace our starter.

RB: EJ Smith - Excels as a Receiving Back and we really don‘t have one. Not going to challenge for a starting spot but can come in, fill a role and take Don’s snaps.

WR: Will Sheppard/Chris Brazzell/Donovan McCulley - We’re going to miss not having multiple dudes with height. All three are high YPC guys and produced at extremely high levels. Take one.

WR: Josh Kelly/Matthew Golden - It’ll be nice to have a legit No. 1 guy. Take one

TE - Drake Dabney/Maliq Carr - Proven guys with proven production. We can’t go into next season using McCormick again. Take one.

OL: Zach Carpenter/Ethan Miner - Need a starter @ Center.

Pass Rushers: Tyler Barron/Sam Okunlola/Nate Kennard- We need more reliability on the edge. Kelly wasn’t do so hot when he was playing. Take one

DL: Derrick Harmon, CJ Clark, Chris McClellan - I understand they like Marley Cook but we need to bring in high level under classmen if possible and Chris with Derrick fit that bill.

LB: Xavien Sorey - Too talented to pass up

CB: Nyland Green - Take a shot here on talent. We need to get bigger here anyways.

S: Jardin Gilbert and Phillip Dunnam - 2 starters ready to go. I also would not hate Kamari Wilson as a box guy.

15 spots here.
Sorey is my friend, girlfriend’s nephew. Hope that makes sense lol. But I hope we get him he’s a good player met him a few times

My totally unsourced opinion from reading the tea leaves is that we’re battling FSU for Ward.

We have the better o-line and with Wilson and Coleman gone, their skill position isn’t anything special anymore. I’m worried he’s going to put a lot of stock in Jordan Travis’ development.

My totally unsourced opinion from reading the tea leaves is that we’re battling FSU for Ward.

We have the better o-line and with Wilson and Coleman gone, their skill position isn’t anything special anymore. I’m worried he’s going to put a lot of stock in Jordan Travis’ development.
It’s not just the WRs they lose that running game also. Not sure if Bell goes back from USCe but they also lose multiple OL. Team is going to look drastically different.

Advertisement

Norvell is a petty douche. I still think DJU ends up there but he’s going to mettle in this thing out of spite

This directly lines up with Flo's statement that Mario is fixated on one QB.

Betting Mads Mikkelsen GIF by James Bond 007
Yep and it better work because losing Cam (let’s say he goes to FSU and then they get Smith as well) plus us losing out on Howard then will likely lead to mass exodus to the portal of current players (i.e. Jacolby, Brashard, etc).

It would significantly set back a lot of things. This is the Most important recruitment for the program’s trajectory, IMO!

Advertisement

He's not remotely concerned about development at this stage. His focus is money/NIL, an offensive scheme that fits his style, and having a quality supporting cast around him so he can generate the stats he needs for the league.

He's not remotely concerned about development at this stage. His focus is money/NIL, an offensive scheme that fits his style, and having a quality supporting cast around him so he can generate the stats he needs for the league.
There is always something that a QB can develop to help him at the current stage and to get to the next level (proper drop back steps on routes, timing, arm angles, etc). If you find a coach that can fine tune an already good game, you absolutely take that into consideration along with everything else you stated.

Advertisement
There is always something that a QB can develop to help him at the current stage and to get to the next level (proper drop back steps on routes, timing, arm angles, etc). If you find a coach that can fine tune an already good game, you absolutely take that into consideration along with everything else you stated.
Sure a player can always get better, but Ward is well past that as being a major consideration at this point. He has a private coach he works with outside of the team anyway. As i stated above, it's a non-factor for him IMO. These kids need the stats to give them the shine for a day one pick.

Do you think the plan is for rivers to move back to G and bell or pancake at LT?
The Bell signing to me makes me nervous about Samson. He can’t sit again or the odds of keeping him are going to be extremely tough. But is the injury one where there’s some risk he may not be ready for Fall or is this just Bell may need more time to develop behind Samson.

Advertisement
The Bell signing to me makes me nervous about Samson. He can’t sit again or the odds of keeping him are going to be extremely tough. But is the injury one where there’s some risk he may not be ready for Fall or is this just Bell may need more time to develop behind Samson.
Samson likely will work in at guard imo for this year

If Bell’s good enough to beat him out we will be all-set, also have McCoy in the mix as well.

These are two of the biggest weeks in recent Canes football history. I apologize for being vague, but here is the latest in a fluid and fast-moving process.

- Everybody inside and outside the Hecht is focused on the quarterback position. You already know the various names. All I can say is that I don’t expect Miami to settle for a second-tier player and I think a decision will come this week.

- This is college free agency. We saw that with Colbie Young, a good player who didn’t feel he was being offered enough money to stay. The staff is focused on upgrades and maximizing value.

- Some names that Miami likes in the Portal- Purdue WR Deion Burks, Georgia LB Xavian Sorey, Middle Tennessee DT Marley Cook, Tennessee DE Tyler Baron and Indiana C Zach Carpenter. I expect more names to jump in the Portal.

- The Canes continue to aggressively pursue DT Armondo Blount (Central) and he is a name to watch down the stretch.

- DT CJ Clark (NC State) had a great visit and I like Miami’s chances there.

- WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) is watching the QB situation closely. Miami continues to have an intense focus there. Less of a chance with CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) but they are making Georgia work.

- RB Jordan Lyle (STA) remains a priority and a flip candidate.

- Spots are getting tight with the high school class. Don't be surprised to see significant movement in the next week or so.

- Not official yet but very good chance Jalen Rivers comes back for his senior year.
definitely bummed to see Colbie Young leave. Thought he could've had a huge year next year with an upgraded QB

love to see Deon Burks and X Sorey names being mentioned! They will be wanted by all the big boys but both are day 1 starters here.

adding Clark and Cook at DT would be tremendous for depth

any news on us potentially pursuing Sam Okunola (brother of Samson)? I actually think he'd be a great piece at DE (had 5 sacks on the year at Pitt).

Not holding my breath on either Smith or Ellis but I know this staff will fight to the very end and that's all we can ask for

Advertisement
Back