The Bank (12/1)

View as article
I was in and out of the CIS Twitter space yesterday since I was on shift. A question for the recruiting insiders @DMoney @Cribby and whoever else may see this, are Brown and Jackson independent targets or is it a one or the other type situation?

Advertisement
You are correct which is why the gripe should have been private and Mario or Addie could have explained to his dad what you explained to us. I’m just saying I can understand the emotion from dad because the parent always thinks their kid is ready even when they are not.
Agreed. Kid ain't telling pops that he's only eating once a day, and that's a burger and fries.. just telling home that he's not seeing reps and isn't getting PT "but is doing everything right" hopefully it's sorted now, but the 145lbs comment is the issue, surely.

Agreed. Kid ain't telling pops that he's only eating once a day, and that's a burger and fries.. just telling home that he's not seeing reps and isn't getting PT "but is doing everything right" hopefully it's sorted now, but the 145lbs comment is the issue, surely.
To be fair to Khamauri, I don’t think his lack of growth is due to that. He came in with a severe injury and already light. He spent most of his time before the season rehabbing. It’s difficult under those circumstances for anyone to change their physic, especially someone who is naturally thin and doesn’t gain weight easily. Unfortunate circumstance but I think that will change going forward.

To be fair to Khamauri, I don’t think his lack of growth is due to that. He came in with a severe injury and already light. He spent most of his time before the season rehabbing. It’s difficult under those circumstances for anyone to change their physic, especially someone who is naturally thin and doesn’t gain weight easily. Unfortunate circumstance but I think that will change going forward.

Didn't need to complain about playing time to the parents. But he's young and hopefully it's just frustration and immaturity, not selfishness.

Totally agree. I guess my only point is that this should not have made it's way to twitter, regardless of circumstances from pops, khamauri, and staff. I'm hoping gets the weight up now healthy, and we can cheer for him on Saturdays to come.

Advertisement
DMoney must be making that cash.He’s got a new couch for each podcast now…😜

I keep waiting for him to do his podcasts from an Osaki OS-3D Pro Zero Gravity Massage Chair - grinning from ear to ear during the WHOLE podcast while his guests sit on nail kegs.

That couch tells me he's getting much closer to those moments . . .

Gaby said 145 lbs. and the official roster says 165 lbs. Even if you split the difference and put him at 155 lbs., that's still very thin for a 6' tall P5 corner.
Who exactly are we talking about here?

Advertisement
If that’s true about him then that’s bad.

Agreed, and provides a pretty easy explanation for his lack of PT. @TRick72 also brought up a good point about his injury in HS limiting his ability to really participate in S&C in the off-season. It sounds like he did his rehab and is healthy, hopefully now he can put in the work to add some good mass.

We byke....

1670012101839.png

Advertisement
Big boy from Oregon at WR, and the two Bama recievers are my top picks at reciever. We need at 2 of the 3.

come on... of course these guys are going to complain and talk to their families.... Why wouldn't they?

Read the context. He's recovering from injury, underweight and a true freshman complaining about playing time enough that his pops takes to social media about it? That's foolishness. His pops should have been thanking Mario, Steele and Addae for trying to develop his son before throwing him into a P5 game to get trucked and reinjured.

Advertisement
Read the context. He's recovering from injury, underweight and a true freshman complaining about playing time enough that his pops takes to social media about it? That's foolishness. His pops should have been thanking Mario, Steele and Addae for trying to develop his son before throwing him into a P5 game to get trucked and reinjured.
Well, the context is that Pops was upset because almost everyone else played and his son didn't. Thus, he had some concerns about WTF was going on with his son that wouldn't allow him to play during the mop-up time. Sounds like Mario and dad are on the same page now. Let's hope he gains some serious weight now that he isn't rehabbing from an injury (I think that is a bad excuse as you can rest a ton more thus burn less and gain more).

that's his pops, not the kid. All kids talk and complain to their families. I was surprised at his dad, too. I said it at the time but there must have been something more to the whole story for him to take to social media that way. He knows how it goes...

Advertisement
Back