The Bank (11/21)

View as article
I'll be interested to see how much longer they continue to spend. I feel it's like stocks how much longer do you invest in something you are losing money on. I think next year has to show something of value.
Oh I’d imagine they are thinking the same thing. I’d think they’ll give him next year and then stop investing. I invest time and money to go to games and honestly I’ve stopped that already

Advertisement
It's locked in a 5 yr CD. If Cristobal takes the money out now he loses 3 months interest. We need every penny.

Mario just invested his entire savings in Dogecoin and doesn’t know how to get the coins back and return them to US currency

He’s now taking matters into his own hands and choking every Shiba Inu he sees in hopes of each dog coughing up his money because he’s “physical”

I wish we could pick people from the Portal like Madden, but there is only so much money in the real world. Don’t get it wrong- they will evaluate corners in the Portal. But they like what they’ve seen from Brown and Richard as starters, and Porter has been our best defensive back. That’s three guys. They also want to play Stafford.

It will cost a lot to add another starting caliber player. What position should we ignore? We need to spend on real impact guys at QB, DT and S.
Who’s covering the slot next year?

Advertisement
I don’t undersstand why yall are shocked @ 4 interior guys. Our most experienced dudes next year if one of them stays are JHH and Gore. While both are decent guys there is absolutely nothing behind them. I’m personally praying LT stays and we get an NT To start using him at 3T again or he’s going to have another year at NT.

I don’t undersstand why yall are shocked @ 4 interior guys. Our most experienced dudes next year if one of them stays are JHH and Gore. While both are decent guys there is absolutely nothing behind them. I’m personally praying LT stays and we get an NT To start using him at 3T again or he’s going to have another year at NT.
100%.

If we’re not hitting on HS DTs like we thought we would + Burroughs is now gone and LT most likely is as well, we need a minimum 3 portal DTs. It’s JHH and a whole bunch of unproven after that.

Bulk of our portal NIL needs to go to QB1 and DTs at this point.

Advertisement
100%.

If we’re not hitting on HS DTs like we thought we would + Burroughs is now gone and LT most likely is as well, we need a minimum 3 portal DTs. It’s JHH and a whole bunch of unproven after that.

Bulk of our portal NIL needs to go to QB1 and DTs at this point.
More. Thank god Big Lich or we would’ve had dudes taking their first snaps vs. Louisville.

in the last page of the Lawayne Mccoy thread. Gaby just said that one of the visitors for Lousiville was Lawayne and nothing much. No one even mentioned him even after that update, probably due to people getting caught up with Armondo Blount and his antics.
these kids never learn trolling us! smh

- Another local name who is having a great senior year- TE Benjamin Blackburn (Columbus). He is a true in-line tight end and is committed to a TE factory in Stanford. Miami would love to take him or TE Camden Jones (Pasadena), a Cal commit who visited last week and impressed. Both guys are high IQ and physically imposing. One factor helping with Blackburn- he grew up a Miami fan.
Mentioned last week went to Columbus playoff game, this kid stood out because of his size but didnt really pay attention because I never heard of columbus TE being mentioned locally or anything.. He has legit size and seems like he can run, just based off that you kinda wonder why we never heard of him, heard he was committed to stanford and that was that, went back to focused on Jose jr. Im still contemplating if I will check out their game against western but everyone playing on friday, UM @12, Dolphins @3, Columbus @4.. smfh..

No chance JW and Kam come back? I imagine both are round 3-5 grades. Come back and move up to round 1-2
:snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
No LB in portal? Outside Kiko, group is very meh. Not impressed with Wes for all the hype he got.
I think we got some real talented young guys from last years class. They probably feel they are coming along.

I think we have much higher priorities and those positions cost big bucks.
- Quality and depth at DT is absolutely frightening.
Not an easy position to fill and it takes time to develop them.
- With Kam and Williams gone, plus all the attrition at safety last year, we really need some help there. I hope Patterson is ready.
- QB is pretty bad as well, but we might be okay, if we sign a good quality starter from the portal along with Judd, and the kid from Chaminade.
I think Emory is the only QB on the current roster that will remain.
If we don’t get a reliable quarterback, we’re going to have same record we had this year, no matter who we sign at other positions.
Sucks JB couldn’t develop, I was really hoping Miami would have a stud dual threat QB.

Would love to get a real shut down corner and a true #1 WR, but not as big a need as the other three positions IMO. Just wish we could get J Smith. He could be the playmaker this program has been missing since AR15 or Duke Johnson.

I think we’ll be okay at LB.

I wish we could pick people from the Portal like Madden, but there is only so much money in the real world. Don’t get it wrong- they will evaluate corners in the Portal. But they like what they’ve seen from Brown and Richard as starters, and Porter has been our best defensive back. That’s three guys. They also want to play Stafford.

It will cost a lot to add another starting caliber player. What position should we ignore? We need to spend on real impact guys at QB, DT and S.
And wr! Impact wr is worth all the money. We Potentially one more starting OL after cohen and Lee leave as well

Transfer uncertain huh…ain’t that a *****.

They should know TVD was gone the minute they benched him.

What else is going on in that room….
No way they are going to run it back with TVD next year anyway.
I’m sure TVD is transferring but I don’t think he’s getting any Alabama type interest or big NIL from anyone after this season.
He might be best served just staying and competing for the job here, but I don’t think he’ll entertain that.

Advertisement
Anybody know if Motten is developing?

Qb and DT worry me the most and two of the hardest positions to land quality.

I think Mario will somehow surprise and get the DT position shored up. I still think he’s a very good recruiter and knows what needs to be upgraded on the roster.
QB, I’m not so confident that Mario will identify the right guy. Has he ever recruited a good QB before at any of his previous schools?

In the past few Banks, we revealed new names like Cole McConathy and Markel Bell. This one will involve more familiar names as Miami hones in on its top high school targets. But when it comes to new names and targets, the Portal will be pumping them out.

- Expect a lot of team turnover. The staff feels like they upgraded the roster from Year 1 to Year 2 and hope to make a similar leap this offseason. The positions to watch are QB, WR, DT (x4), DE and S.

- This is also the time of the year where you see attrition in the class. I expect a few names to move on. Overall, the quality will improve.

- I'm told Miami's offer to QB Cedric Bailey (Chaminade) is independent of his teammate, elite WR Jeremiah Smith. Otherwise, Bailey would have been offered earlier. Why now? Miami needs QBs due to transfer uncertainty and they like the development of Bailey as a senior. On top of his physical tools (6'6, 4.4 shuttle, strong arm), he is considered to have elite intangibles on and off the field. And while he's not being offered because of his relationships, they certainly don't hurt. This isn't an imminent flip situation- Miami will need to recruit Bailey and win him over organically.

- Miami still feels it's in a good place with Jeremiah Smith. One selling point- Miami has two of the top 3 receivers in the ACC, statistically.

- A lot of the remaining battles are in South Florida. Mario would love to finish strong locally like he did with Reuben Bain, Mark Fletcher and Damari Brown last December. The staff is sky high on RB Jordan Lyle (STA) after a big senior year. He is a top priority and his recruitment reminds me of Fletcher last year. CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage) is going through the recruiting process but remains a top target with mutual interest. One name who is having a strong senior year- ATH Lawayne McCoy (Central). Some local observers believe he is playing his best ball at cornerback.

- Another local name who is having a great senior year- TE Benjamin Blackburn (Columbus). He is a true in-line tight end and is committed to a TE factory in Stanford. Miami would love to take him or TE Camden Jones (Pasadena), a Cal commit who visited last week and impressed. Both guys are high IQ and physically imposing. One factor helping with Blackburn- he grew up a Miami fan.

- CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) will be a battle until the end but Miami is in a good position right now. I don't feel as confident on OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle), although there is communication.

- Anything can happen in recruiting and things change from day to day. But as of now, Miami likes its communication with DT Artavious Jones (Blountstown), RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa), TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas) and LB Cam Pruitt (Mobile).

- I read speculation on RB TreVonte Citizen because he wasn't at the game. I'm told he was attending to a family matter.
TreVonte Citizen and Kevin Riley are good for next year so there's no drop-off when Fletcher get rest in 2024. Ex. Bama with Henry/Yeldon Jacobs/Harris Richardson/Lacy.

Anybody know if Motten is developing?

Qb and DT worry me the most and two of the hardest positions to land quality.

I think Mario will somehow surprise and get the DT position shored up. I still think he’s a very good recruiter and knows what needs to be upgraded on the roster.
QB, I’m not so confident that Mario will identify the right guy. Has he ever recruited a good QB before at any of his previous schools?
Yea he had a dude his winning years at FIU. Remember STA QB Wesley Carroll? He got him to transfer from Miss St and he was the starter his only 2 winning seasons there.

Who’s covering the slot next year?

I could see Stafford getting time there, or one of the big 3…Or maybe Feely gets a look.

Could see Ryan Mack or Day getting looks there as well…May actually be the position that Day is most natural at. **** as much as I think Patterson will compete early at safety and end up being a stud there, maybe he contributes there as well, as there's some honey badger to his game.

The point is not every team outside of maybe a couple has every question answered in winter or spring….Also, I remember Money saying in the previous Bank, that it's not like they wouldn't take the right corner (and your point is well taken about someone needing to emerge at slot) if someone catches their eye. There just are bigger needs and they like some of what they have at corner.

Advertisement
Back