The Bank (11/21)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
In the past few Banks, we revealed new names like Cole McConathy and Markel Bell. This one will involve more familiar names as Miami hones in on its top high school targets. But when it comes to new names and targets, the Portal will be pumping them out.

- Expect a lot of team turnover. The staff feels like they upgraded the roster from Year 1 to Year 2 and hope to make a similar leap this offseason. The positions to watch are QB, WR, DT (x4), DE and S.

- This is also the time of the year where you see attrition in the class. I expect a few names to move on. Overall, the quality will improve.

- I'm told Miami's offer to QB Cedric Bailey (Chaminade) is independent of his teammate, elite WR Jeremiah Smith. Otherwise, Bailey would have been offered earlier. Why now? Miami needs QBs due to transfer uncertainty and they like the development of Bailey as a senior. On top of his physical tools (6'6, 4.4 shuttle, strong arm), he is considered to have elite intangibles on and off the field. And while he's not being offered because of his relationships, they certainly don't hurt. This isn't an imminent flip situation- Miami will need to recruit Bailey and win him over organically.

- Miami still feels it's in a good place with Jeremiah Smith. One selling point- Miami has two of the top 3 receivers in the ACC, statistically.

- A lot of the remaining battles are in South Florida. Mario would love to finish strong locally like he did with Reuben Bain, Mark Fletcher and Damari Brown last December. The staff is sky high on RB Jordan Lyle (STA) after a big senior year. He is a top priority and his recruitment reminds me of Fletcher last year. CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage) is going through the recruiting process but remains a top target with mutual interest. One name who is having a strong senior year- ATH Lawayne McCoy (Central). Some local observers believe he is playing his best ball at cornerback.

- Another local name who is having a great senior year- TE Benjamin Blackburn (Columbus). He is a true in-line tight end and is committed to a TE factory in Stanford. Miami would love to take him or TE Camden Jones (Pasadena), a Cal commit who visited last week and impressed. Both guys are high IQ and physically imposing. One factor helping with Blackburn- he grew up a Miami fan.

- CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) will be a battle until the end but Miami is in a good position right now. I don't feel as confident on OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle), although there is communication.

- Anything can happen in recruiting and things change from day to day. But as of now, Miami likes its communication with DT Artavious Jones (Blountstown), RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa), TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas) and LB Cam Pruitt (Mobile).

- I read speculation on RB TreVonte Citizen because he wasn't at the game. I'm told he was attending to a family matter.

Advertisement
we suck again GIF

Advertisement
Dmoney,when you say DTx4,do you mean the 2 commits plus 2 more or do you mean 4 more on top of the 2 in this class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the past few Banks, we revealed new names like Cole McConathy and Markel Bell. This one will involve more familiar names as Miami hones in on its top high school targets. But when it comes to new names and targets, the Portal will be pumping them out.

- Expect a lot of team turnover. The staff feels like they upgraded the roster from Year 1 to Year 2 and hope to make a similar leap this offseason. The positions to watch are QB, WR, DT (x4), DE and S.

- This is also the time of the year where you see attrition in the class. I expect a few names to move on. Overall, the quality will improve.

- I'm told Miami's offer to QB Cedric Bailey (Chaminade) is independent of his teammate, elite WR Jeremiah Smith. Otherwise, Bailey would have been offered earlier. Why now? Miami needs QBs due to transfer uncertainty and they like the development of Bailey as a senior. On top of his physical tools (6'6, 4.4 shuttle, strong arm), he is considered to have elite intangibles on and off the field. And while he's not being offered because of his relationships, they certainly don't hurt. This isn't an imminent flip situation- Miami will need to recruit Bailey and win him over organically.

- Miami still feels it's in a good place with Jeremiah Smith. One selling point- Miami has two of the top 3 receivers in the ACC, statistically.

- A lot of the remaining battles are in South Florida. Mario would love to finish strong locally like he did with Reuben Bain, Mark Fletcher and Damari Brown last December. The staff is sky high on RB Jordan Lyle (STA) after a big senior year. He is a top priority and his recruitment reminds me of Fletcher last year. CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage) is going through the recruiting process but remains a top target with mutual interest. One name who is having a strong senior year- ATH Lawayne McCoy (Central). Some local observers believe he is playing his best ball at cornerback.

- Another local name who is having a great senior year- TE Benjamin Blackburn (Columbus). He is a true in-line tight end and is committed to a TE factory in Stanford. Miami would love to take him or TE Camden Jones (Pasadena), a Cal commit who visited last week and impressed. Both guys are high IQ and physically imposing. One factor helping with Blackburn- he grew up a Miami fan.

- CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) will be a battle until the end but Miami is in a good position right now. I don't feel as confident on OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle), although there is communication.

- Anything can happen in recruiting and things change from day to day. But as of now, Miami likes its communication with DT Artavious Jones (Blountstown), RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa), TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas) and LB Cam Pruitt (Mobile).

- I read speculation on RB TreVonte Citizen because he wasn't at the game. I'm told he was attending to a family matter.
I want to believe

Advertisement
So expect a finish of essentially nothing and we could potentially lose 1-2 of our guys who are going to get processed and 1-2 of our actually talented commits. Mario should have to answer for this nonsense because that’s a horrendous finish considering how our in state rivals will finish recruiting wise.

Dmoney,when you say DTx4,do you mean the 2 commits plus 2 more or do you mean 4 more on top of the 2 in this class.
He means all of Miami's DTs are portalling elsewhere and the croots are flipping.

On a high note, Mario has silent commits from the top 5 DT dawg U12s on Little Yankee's green, red, and orange teams.

Y3 upgrades!!!

Advertisement
Back