The Bank (11/1)

View as article
Advertisement
ACL injuries/recovery is a lot different than it was 15-20 years ago. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was ready to go by spring ball.
I would agree with most positions but not the rb spot. It even took saquon who's insane a whole season to start feeling good again. It's tougher for a rb to come back from it just because what they do every down as opposed to a WR

I think the magic number is 5. So it depends on who is here next year. If, and this is just a hypothetical, only Rooster and Thad bounce, and we have Parrish, Chaney, and Citizen on the roster, I think 2 would be fine. Although I would like 1 of those to be a portal kid, because I essentially agree with what you said. Citizen might not be 100.0% in Week 1 next year, and Chaney is absolute glass, so if we just get 2, I would prefer 1 of those to be a plug and play kid and not a true freshman who has to learn and get stronger.

But IMO 5 is the number.

Also, you can be fine rotating 2 backs to do your heavy lifting. Of course if you have 3 animals, it's a **** of a luxury, but for example Ole Miss is doing fine with Evans and Judkins. Michigan is riding Corum with some Edwards sprinkled in. Even Bama is pretty much Gibbs and McClellan. Of course there are other kids who are getting work, but against the good teams in close games, I think most teams are fine rolling with their 2 best. Hopefully we can find 2 horses next year out of whichever of the 5 we have on the roster come back next year, CJ Jr., and either a flip (Baxter, Fletcher, etc) or a solid portal kid.
Well stated and we're on the same page, obviously. Still wouldn't be upset if took a third in the class as don't want to fully count on both Citizen and Chaney. Citizen clearly is dealing with a significant injury, so how does he bounce back and he's never played at this level. Chaney hasn't shown the ability to get through a season. Would be great if both work out, but don't want to be scrambling late next summer for a walk-on or dusting off an ex-UAB back.

Advertisement
Thats what Citizen is for
Citizen and Citizen Jr. would be good.......a pounder with size, strength, and cuts, that run downhill, and someone who can bounce and react quickly that would help negate injuries..............
Remember Duke J...could do all of the above but injuries caught up to him....
A one two punch and I would be happy..

Advertisement
We also desperately need wrs. Idk if we are saving sports for portal guys. We need as many as we can get though
For sure...Not sure on Lyons whose tape looks pretty good

But I just have a feeling one of Jean, H Will (still coming to home games), and Twill (McClain connection) end up signing with UM. Either way I think a portal WR will be on the team next year and I doubt all of the Brinson/Redding/K.Smith trio is (no info, just an opinion)

Possibility of multiple flips. As many as 3 imo. As I’ve mentioned there’s a mystery cb at another program I can’t name but he’ll have a spot for sure if Brown surprisingly goes elsewhere. Brown is ” expected “ to commit and if he does I’m not sure where that leaves the other CB, or J Jackson for that matter.

They want two rb’s minimum even if it’s one HS and one portal.

247 lists Addae and DVD as Brown's primary recruiters. Is it a shared effort, or primarily DVD?

@DMoney One point that a source emphasized to me: last year’s late rush (Skinner, Citizen, Moss) wasn’t just the product of Mario’s late hiring.

What this mean?
I read it as Mario understands the optics of a “strong close”.
I took it as factors that do not relate to Mario (i.e., NIL, the school, early playing time/depth chart, playing close to home, etc.)

Advertisement
This was an amazing find by the staff. Definition of diamond in the rough. He just started playing football as a Sr which is insane. On top of that he’s a hockey player and Lacrosse player. This one you pack away for a couple years then unleash in his second or third year. I wouldn’t be shocked if this one hits big. He’s a Mario type for sure.

i reviewed his lacrosse tape before i even looked at his football tape.

on three consecutive sets, he was in three different defenses, man, box and 1, and a 3-3 zone.

one of those was against an inverted set and in each clip he was against D-1 recruited players.

he was a beast. i hate the ND lacrosse program and their coach, but he knows defense. and carver was his top defenseman this cycle. you can do the math from there. if he stuck with lax, he would have been an all american potential defenseman. i'm sure mario and co. didn't have a clue what they were watching on that lax tape, but they knew enough to know that carver has a sky high ceiling somewhere.

this kid is my favorite recruit this cycle.

We do need wr’s but they way our offense is now we are going to need a close to elite oline, Dline men are always important
Overall we just need the best guys in the portal regardless of position. We desperately need talent everywhere except maybe QB and TE

Advertisement
This was an amazing find by the staff. Definition of diamond in the rough. He just started playing football as a Sr which is insane. On top of that he’s a hockey player and Lacrosse player. This one you pack away for a couple years then unleash in his second or third year. I wouldn’t be shocked if this one hits big. He’s a Mario type for sure.
I bailed on recruiting the last couple of years and I’m trying not to get into any hyperbole or overreactions, but diving into this years class the thing that sticks out to me, even above the absurd talent at the top, is the talent at the “bottom”

I don’t really see any reaches or projects or certainly not any “WTF”s

Some of these early committed lower ranked players look like stars to me, including this kid at the top of that list

I bailed on recruiting the last couple of years and I’m trying not to get into any hyperbole or overreactions, but diving into this years class the thing that sticks out to me, even above the absurd talent at the top, is the talent at the “bottom”

I don’t really see any reaches or projects or certainly not any “WTF”s

Some of these early committed lower ranked players look like stars to me, including this kid at the top of that list
Alot of those players will be drafted higher than higher rated players. Great athletes and prototypes
No more 6'1 Guards and Tackles. Big TEs and LBs. Thats how u lean on teams and wear them out

Alot of those players will be drafted higher than higher rated players. Great athletes and prototypes
No more 6'1 Guards and Tackles. Big TEs and LBs. Thats how u lean on teams and wear them out
I’m with you

Take the OL lower ranked guys for example. These are not like TEs we are hoping grow into OTs. These are massive kids with good tape. I understand sometimes you fill up the end of your classes with some plan B and C guys but in the past way too often our early commits were just not nearly legit enough

I don’t want to get ahead of myself too much but man I just don’t see that here

I’m with you

Take the OL lower ranked guys for example. These are not like TEs we are hoping grow into OTs. These are massive kids with good tape. I understand sometimes you fill up the end of your classes with some plan B and C guys but in the past way too often our early commits were just not nearly legit enough

I don’t want to get ahead of myself too much but man I just don’t see that here
Big trench and front 7 guys even developmental teams recruit to those prototypes like Pitt. Thats how they can have a few lean years then bam 11 wins and ACC champ. Manny never seem to have a physical prototype he looking for. How u end up with the slowest group of CBs and WRs i ever seen on a Miami roster. Mind u Pope and Wiggins were fast but they never had that dog with it.

Advertisement
Back