The Bank (10/5)

View as article
Advertisement
I mean look at this mf, bring him here now.

No, he doesn’t have a Laremy Tuns kick step but neither does Jalen Rivers. When you are 6’8 330, your arms touch the ground and you literally swallow edge rushers (pause), you don’t have to have elite quicks. Imagine this dude coming to get you on the 2nd level or kicking out looking for DB work on screens, L O L.

My favorite part is that they still circled this dude before every snap like we can’t figure out who he is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m a pessimist when Miami sucks and the coaches suck. So 15 years of being real that ppl saw as pessimist but it was bleak visions for a long time as blackvern used to point out.

I trust Mario. I don’t agree always with everything but this is our best shot as a program to become relevant again. If Mario fails we fold the program. I’m rallying behind Mario and staying positive as much as possible. Also 4-0 and progression on the field helps. Just keep winning and things will work out. Lot of whiffs on national guys but Mario has miami at the table. Eventually miami will start winning these battles. I said all off season got to find a way to win 8 but now I say 9 wins gets us a top 10ish class. That will play. Mario will hit the portal to fill the gaps
This is funny to me because I’ve been around for a minute and I’ve never thought you were a pessimist.

So basically Everything is great besides landing a big time DT! Wr recruiting is unreal. Aside from DT wish list would be a big time qb. Let’s keep winning and then flip szn

Work to be done but yes we’re trending in a great direction. I still remember 2017 and how kids were jumping on board after ND and VT, and that was without NI and elite recruiting. We beat UNC and Clemson and it’s going to be the Twelve Days of Christmas in December.

Advertisement
If we land McCray and Jones at DT to go with Lightfoot and Rudolph at DE I would be happy. We got the DT from Alabama and will try and land another Portal maybe this year.
Don’t forget DE Pickett is likely in the class already.

mid szn film definately checks out for me....

Flip action and Markell Bell is a wall....

An edge class of:

Would look good replentishing that edge room..and shirting some of the lighter guys in the class.

mcconathy appears underrated has real good technique and appears to already doing things we ask our edge guys. Im sold if they go for the flip there.
I still want Pickett for just a pass rush roll...

Lightfoot i dont think shirts here. hE IS THE GOODS

Love the potential of our edges, athletic asf and they all fit great in our system

Advertisement
I mean look at this mf, bring him here now.

No, he doesn’t have a Laremy Tuns kick step but neither does Jalen Rivers. When you are 6’8 330, your arms touch the ground and you literally swallow edge rushers (pause), you don’t have to have elite quicks. Imagine this dude coming to get you on the 2nd level or kicking out looking for DB work on screens, L O L.

Would not be opposed to him playing LG and letting him pull if he were to lose the LT job to Samson. Like you said he comes in next year and is at worst the swing tackle that McCoy is this year when they bring in the extra oline for run plays.

Would not be opposed to him playing LG and letting him pull if he were to lose the LT job to Samson. Like you said he comes in next year and is at worst the swing tackle that McCoy is this year when they bring in the extra oline for run plays.

Idk about a 6’7-8 guard lol but bottomline, if we are fortunate enough to sign buddy then I trust them to do whatever it is they will do with him and put him wherever they see fit. If that is OG then lace em up & lets do it.

I don’t think it can be overstated how important it is to sign and stack big, capable bodies for OL (DL too but I won’t go down that rabbit hole here). We are all holding our breath this year that our first 5 maintains and it’s an uneasy feeling. Just sign him and figure the rest out later. He likely isn’t someone we have to sit and stash and develop like Kinsler, Minaya etc. He is jumbo package ala McCoy like you stated next year bare minimum and that’s extremely useful and important.

Advertisement
I am focussed on DT recruiting and it doesn't look good at all. We could lose a bunch of the one's we got after the season. I hope they identify some more DT's to recruit that aren't reaches. Portal shopping again this offseason for DT's and Joe swings and misses at a bunch of as well.
I don't think you and many others look at this in the right context. We have been recruiting elite DTs. They are rare. All you see is swing and miss. We already have Jones who is borderline elite and Russel who has upside.

There needs to be context to the misses.

We missed on Scott who wanted to come Miami, but mom wanted him close to home.

We missed on Stone who the family wants him at Miami, but he wants to be close to home at OU.

We missed on Franklin who chose Ole Miss to stay close to home.

I don't know how you blame anyone for those misses. If you want to say Joe missed and he sucks, then so do all the top schools that recruited them. Some of which didn't even get a hat on the table.

We have Blount for 2025 and maybe 2024. One more DL commitment from an upper tier DT recruit and this is a monster DL class that's already ranks #5 without Blount.

People need to have patience and perspective. This cycle isn't over. We are building.

Advertisement
Back