The Bank (10/5)

View as article
Most surprising was his athleticism: he caught the game-winning pass in a comeback victory.

Maybe we should recruit the QB who actually threw the TD?

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
I have connections at Spanish Fort… Cole McConathy

Soph -14.5 sacks
Jr - 22.5 sacks
Sr yr - currently at 13.5 sacks

He won an optimist award this week and Hugh Freeze was there.

Currently committed to Louisville. Mario made contact early this week!!

Legit 6ft 5 225. Super hard worker. Mean as **** and a bully. Dad was a D1 LB and was Mr football in Louisiana. Super good people.

Go Canes!!
Dudes quickness is on 1000! Crazy talent!! Definitely should be a 4* kid.

These Banks are going to suck in two years if we’re stuck in the ACC. That’s the only thing that will hold Mario back at this point.
Yeah honestly this so my only concern but it's a big concern. The guys beyond Alonzo scare the **** out of me.

Quick 2023 team note: the bye week allowed some young players to make their case for more playing time. Three to keep an eye on: RB Chris Johnson, LB Popo Aguirre and CB Jadais Richard.

Absolutely fantastic!!! This had me turned up!!

Advertisement
Miami was working hard in the bye week and selling a winning product. Here is the latest headed into a huge Georgia Tech game:

- Miami continues to feel great about where they stand with WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade). They have kept their promises on what the offense would look like. Remember, Shannon Dawson coached Jeremiah's cousin, Geno Smith. Jeremiah will be at Hard Rock for the game on Saturday to watch for himself.

- As we first reported in the Bank over a month ago, Miami has a huge grade on WR Ny Carr (Moultrie, GA). One staffer believes Carr is as good as anybody he's ever seen on WR screens. Miami will push to close the deal this weekend and they have an excellent chance.

- Miami has been making very good progress with DT LJ McCray and CB Zavier Mincey out of Dayton Beach Mainland. McCray is visiting Tallahassee this weekend on his OV, but if Miami can withstand that surge they will be in very good position. Miami also remains in very good communication with DT Artavious Jones (Blountstown), who continues to display NFL upside.

- On the negative side, DT Aydin Breland (Los Angeles) has been trending away from Miami.

- Miami made some visits during the bye week and saw some top targets up close. They loved OT Markel Bell, a 6'8.5, 340 monster from junior college. The word I heard was "freak." Miami has ties to his coaching staff and feel they have a great shot.

- Shannon Dawson was able to visit QB commit Judd Anderson (Warner Robins, GA) and came away very impressed by his arm and intangibles. Most surprising was his athleticism: he caught the game-winning pass in a comeback victory. Anything can happen, but everything I've heard is that Miami really likes Judd.

- One name to keep any eye on: DE Cole McConathy out of Mobile, AL. He is committed to Louisville but Miami feels he has enormous upside.

- Quick 2023 team note: the bye week allowed some young players to make their case for more playing time. Three to keep an eye on: RB Chris Johnson, LB Popo Aguirre and CB Jadais Richard.
@DMoney did Georgia cool on Ny Carr? Anything we should be concerned about there? Or did he just pull the trigger too quickly with the commitment?

You’d need to check back in 2028 to make a fair comparison.

If any of those Bama WRs had busted then we wouldn’t be talking about that class the same way
Listen here Pal! Idk what u got goin on but we don’t use that kind of talk round here. Talkin about bout WRs who would’ve busted ( BIG PAUSE). So with that said, Scott needs to holla at Cha
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the ***** BUTTON

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean look at this mf, bring him here now.

No, he doesn’t have a Laremy Tuns kick step but neither does Jalen Rivers. When you are 6’8 330, your arms touch the ground and you literally swallow edge rushers (pause), you don’t have to have elite quicks. Imagine this dude coming to get you on the 2nd level or kicking out looking for DB work on screens, L O L.

Makes defenders look like rag dolls out there. Holy chit.

We’re recruiting DT better than corners right now. And we only have one legit safety where we need 2-3 more.
Scharf....legit cuz of his (zaquan)ranking? Cuz Isiah Thomas and Dylan day say hey don't forget bout us! And, markeith, Brian, Kaleb, Jaden, and possibly Kam and James comes back with the culture change! Safety isn't as bad as people think.

Advertisement
Yeah honestly this so my only concern but it's a big concern. The guys beyond Alonzo scare the **** out of me.
Rad doesn't scare me! He was behind the scenes when Clemson kicked the door in to become a bully! Let him work even frenk is getting on board by getting out the way!

These Banks are going to suck in two years if we’re stuck in the ACC. That’s the only thing that will hold Mario back at this point.
I have only heard Mario comment on conference realignment one time, and I got the sense that he wasn’t really caught up in wanting to change conferences. He said winning is what matters and some schools will find out that jumping conferences wasn’t the best idea in terms of fielding a winning football program.

Advertisement
Back