The Bank (10/12)

View as article
Not blaming D$ but this update sucks. If we lose Chance (where's this smoke coming from?), I highly highly doubt the staff will get Jeremiah Smith. I don't feel good about anyone else mentioned, maybe we are top 3 but doesn't feel like we are sitting at 1. Do we really need 3 RB's? We have Citizen, Allen, Fletcher, C Johnson. And I think Don and Parish could come back if they want. Seems like overkill?

Advertisement
Not blaming D$ but this update sucks. If we lose Chance (where's this smoke coming from?), I highly highly doubt the staff will get Jeremiah Smith. I don't feel good about anyone else mentioned, maybe we are top 3 but doesn't feel like we are sitting at 1. Do we really need 3 RB's? We have Citizen, Allen, Fletcher, C Johnson. And I think Don and Parish could come back if they want. Seems like overkill?
Honestly, I don't feel confident in anyone now. I'm not being a world class prick per usual.

Call me a downer, but I just dont see anyne from Daytona Mainland coming to Miami

McCray seems all FSU/UF to me and probably FSU as they have good pub at the moment

As for Chance, I dunno, sometimes these guys get temporarily enamored going out of State and then last minute stay home

Kids got eyes on the back of his head

IMG_0502.jpeg

Advertisement
A good portion of the players who don't contribute are out of eligibility after this year I believe aka Couch, Ladson, Redding.

Guys like Chantz Williams and a number of the OL need to hit the bricks.
5 are out if old man Cam gets a 45th year.

Advertisement
Where does some like Citizen fit in with the roster crunch?

Will be his 3rd year
I'd be surprised if Parrish returns with RB shelf lives in the NFL and the shortage of backs that can pass protect and hold onto the football.

Chaney keeping up what he's doing he might need to head to the league while he's healthy.

Citizen would be the best on the roster if he didn't get hurt. Completely up in the air - no idea what to expect post injury. Might be a totally different dude and could come back better than ever. With our history of injuries and recovery.. it's bleak

Advertisement
Yeah it looks like this class will finish somewhere around 11-13. Not terrible. Remember we were playing catchup cause once the bump class honeymoon wore off the kids remembered gattis and 5-7. Now we got a bit of momentum but it’s back to the old Miami as of late.

I still think kids want to play and Miami is still a brand

Remember too, it still takes a different typre of recruit/kid that chooses Miami.

Its not Bama, FSU, UF, Ohio St with the big enrollment, college town. The Miami experience is different than those schools

I do think Miami needs to show on field improvement but Miami still offers a unique college experience

Advertisement
By “Roster Management” do you mean that UM will push some players about at the end of the season who are not contributing?

With the advent of the portal, that's an annual activity.

I'd be surprised if Parrish returns with RB shelf lives in the NFL and the shortage of backs that can pass protect and hold onto the football.

Chaney keeping up what he's doing he might need to head to the league while he's healthy.

Citizen would be the best on the roster if he didn't get hurt. Completely up in the air - no idea what to expect post injury. Might be a totally different dude and could come back better than ever. With our history of injuries and recovery.. it's bleak

It's how I see this unfolding as well. I do believe Chaney and Parrish bolt are in their 4th years as featured backs and the carries will diminish next year.

Let him compete with the rest of them and the chips fall where they may. Sucks injuries derailed him so far, but he hasn't played a meaningful snap.
He hasn't played ANY snaps at all right? Injured preseason LAST year?

Hard to depend on a guy who's been out for 14 months from one injury (admittedly, I'm not aware of the details or circumstances surrounding his initial injury and any follow-up complications either).

He hasn't played ANY snaps at all right? Injured preseason LAST year?

Hard to depend on a guy who's been out for 14 months from one injury (admittedly, I'm not aware of the details or circumstances surrounding his initial injury and any follow-up complications either).
Yea, unfortunately that's what I mean. We can't really lump him in there as a guy we have cuz we just don't know. He had a set back in his rehab/recovery that has prolonged things. Hopefully things progress, but we have to recruit as if he's not there.

Advertisement
Back