The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Advertisement
I’d much rather be a program built on HS and development. Relying on the portal ever year will be an ugly game
Buddy, we’re in agreement on that lol what I’m saying people need to stop *****ing and moaning cuz we brought in Branson Deen cuz he wasn’t Jerome Brown when he was never brought in to be that, he was brought in to be Jordan Miller.

Advertisement
I loved Baker in college he was one of my favorite non canes players . I don’t see that with this guy
Im just asking one thing.... Did/do you personally know Baker and Poff? Because if not then I dont know if you can really see anything one way or another. the post clearly says they compared his personality to Baker.

I will say it is kind of funny to make personality comparisons instead of athletic comparisons, and likely wasn't wise to even say it because now everyone is trying to compare him to Baker but no one has actually compared his playing style to Baker. Just personality.

He’s the closest thing to Botch Miami has had in 20+ years here.

+ Pushed hard for Pickett to get his commitment
+ Lightfoot was his thru HIS grapevine
+ Same for Jones (DT) this cycle.
+ Freeney is also his eval
+ Mack was one of his early ones as well.

There are a few more, but he’s hit more than he’s missed. If you want a few of those, I can post them as well to balance it out.
You can hold separate thoughts at the same time

Zo is really good at scouting and Evals

Even the great ones miss

If on day one of the portal opening on Dec 2 we said that, even as just an arm, we would be here with people justifying Having to go down this rabbit hole, there would be a meltdown or a no way that happens.

Sure now that we are playing the results and options are low for an arm I get it but this still sucks.

- He measured at 6.05
Stretching Too Short GIF by Travis

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess I have a higher opinion on Brown than most. I think he can be at least as good as KJ Jefferson. Brown is actually slightly taller and a little bit faster. But like Jefferson, you would have need to run an offense that is suited for him, which would be similar to what Briles ran at Arkansas. Would have be an Air Raid based offense with easy reads (that's not a knock on his ability, an Air Raid system is legit in college football). Brown could at least be used for guaranteed first downs in short yardage situations with the "tush push" like Buffalo does with Allen. Unfortunately, Dawson has zero vision or creativity, so that's not going to happen as long as he's OC.
I don't disagree with this. I think my issue w/ Jacurri and Miami are:

1. Jacurri is an upside play and I think you can make a really strong argument that for 2024 certainty is more valuable to Miami than upside. in other words: avoiding a 6-6 or 7-5 season is more important than achieving an 11-1 or 10-2. Mario can sell 9 wins, I'm not sure he can sell 7 again

2. this coaching staff does not have the ability to shift the offense on the fly to suit Jacurri's needs and so having him around as a back up does not actually provide much value

Kid isn’t a bad player but Mario’s system is going to make him look so much worse.

I just don’t see the arm strength to make some of the throws we’re asking our QB to make.

Literally Anthony Brown 2.0. Very similar tools and ability. Shorter version. Reminds me a lot of someone else we were seeing mentioned… Jordan McCloud.

Mario beat OSU at the horseshoe and won 10 games with Ant. Brown.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back