The ATM (4/18)

Advertisement
His tape is nice. Movement between the tackles is fluid like a RB, gets into the backfield with ease. Great size and quickness at 6'2" 215. Also, looks like some big offers from Bama and Kentucky

Just wanted to mention a few more names that don't get a ton of buzz but are very interested in Miami, with mutual interest from our side. Confirmed these names today:

Elija Lofton, HBack, Las Vegas

Cameron Pruitt, S/LB, Mobile, AL

Keyshawn Flowers, LB, Baltimore, MD

This is more like pulling an extra $25 off your debit card at the Kash n' Karry to take to the dive bar than a visit to the ATM, but I feel you. On radar.

Advertisement
Pass protection is usually the biggest issue for young backs. I would expect Fletcher to be ahead of Johnson there.
How come I never see Travonte Citizen mentioned when there is talk about RB’s? Is he not expected to be ready to go?

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned him but what's the latest on Parrish? Will he be ready for fall camp?

Advertisement
1681856627015.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very weak local class.

I know I'm a South Florida homer, but I never had a problem with going national. My problem was going national on a budget, which is what we were doing. That's how we ended up with the Zach Dykstras and Brian Polendeys of the world.

When you spend $8 million on an elite recruiter with a national profile, and you're handing out top-of-the-market NIL deals, you can actually win battles instead of wasting time and grabbing scraps.
Thats what alot of the guys on here that call me an u s.fla homers dont get.....

we are homers BECAUSE....we been saying if your going out of state please be going after elite talent...not the cast off not offered by flagship regional colleges.

I have a hunch that these are exactly the type of players Zo was brought in to figure out.
Let’s assume every school wants the 5 stars but there are obviously not enough to go around.
Let’s also assume that the vast majority of 2 stars won’t ever be good enough to make a program like UM a perennial top 10 team

That means the real work is in distinguishing between the mediocre v good v really good 3 and 4 stars. I could care less about the rankings of any of these 3 players because they all pop off the screen when you see their videos. I don’t know if we misevaluated, lacked the funds to evaluate, or didn’t spend enough time early in the recruiting cycle on players like this, but missing on players like this is where our problem was.

Spend the crazy NIL money on the (2-3) 5 stars we will go hard after each cycle, but correctly evaluate the 3 and 4 stars and we quickly become Clemson.

Its gonna be on the coaches to put use of what Johnson has regardless of pass protection.. If we keep that speed on bench while we struggling with Miami of ohio, my gawd.. Find a way to get use out of players at what they do best.. Kid might not be good as pass pro for 2 years, lol.. He might get broken in practice by that time
Yeah, I'm hoping to see them use Johnson to create mismatches or confuse coverages. Lots of pre-snap shifts from the backfield as a RB to out wide as a WR, and vice versa. Keep the D on their toes and confused trying to account for his speed.

Advertisement
Back