The ACC must go nuclear

Advertisement
I don't think FSU is a top 4 team but they were an undefeated conference championship. The ACC needs to show they are not just a Carolina conference or they risk the conference falling apart. The ACC must go full nuclear and in the public or else the ACC is done as a conference. This is going to be fun to watch.
Libertyu GIF by Liberty University

I wouldn't put toooo much stock in this hurting our recruiting at all despite an insatiable desire of my own to leave this godforsaken conference and for the entire Carolina School Cartel to somehow be nuked.

I doubt most kids are contemplating the effects (as real as they'll probably be) of a 2nd ACC team getting screwed and left out of the 12 team playoff. Mario is selling the idea of being a perennial ACC champ and it not being an issue of getting in. Being a 2nd or 3rd place conference team and not getting in is too on the margins to be a legitimate issue in a 17 yr old's mind, imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
If it hurts the ACC in recruiting, it's a good thing we have the best recruiter in the game to offset that
Cool. But it’s not an either/or. We shouldn’t want to recruit with one hand tied behind our back. If we had an SEC logo slapped on our jersey do you think Mario would have any issues pulling top 3 classes?

I’m glad FSU got “robbed”.

It makes me smile hearing those saying FSU got what they deserved when they showed up to ACC earlier this year and said the conference was nothing without them.

F FSU.

Advertisement
**** FSU

But let’s be real if this situation was the SEC they wouldn’t be holding back a quarterback-less Bama, Jawja or LSU

I think the ACC is probably smirking at FSU being left out with their publicity stunt at the beginning of the season!

These conferences are like the Mafia, you don’t embarrass them in public, just remember the “Cosa Nostra”.
Refs were calling the FSU games as if they wanted FSU in the playoffs.

Don't bother. Apparently a large part of this fanbase would rather have **** smeared all over their face if it meant FSU got some on their shoe. You can hate on FSU and still understand that the ACC is ****** and we might not have a proper life boat.
Was the ACC ****ed in 2014, 2016, and 2018?

Advertisement
I don't think FSU is a top 4 team but they were an undefeated conference championship. The ACC needs to show they are not just a Carolina conference or they risk the conference falling apart. The ACC must go full nuclear and in the public or else the ACC is done as a conference. This is going to be fun to watch.
Kind of a moot point now.

This right here. This wasn't a selection against FSU it was a complete rejection of the ACC as a serious conference. If it had been Ohio State or Bama undefeated with a close conference championship win with their 3rd string QB everyone would be going on and on about their resilience and leadership blah blah blah.

ACC is not a serious conference in the minds of those that matter in cfb.
That's weird. I remember ACC teams winning Nattys in 2014, 2016, 2018. Maybe my memory is bad. The committee must have selected some SEC teams those years.

Ah, just look at the strength of schedule ... #55. Georgia would destroy FSU and so would Bama. Committee got it right ... 4 best teams are playing.
If ur going to go that route, OSU had the no.1 strength of schedule in the country and their only loss is a 6-point defeat to No.1 Michigan.

I'm nauseated just saying that. 🤢

Advertisement
Back