The “manny hasn’t won on the field” crowd...

Advertisement
Every single person here is aware that he hasn't won anything yet. It doesn't mean we can't be excited. Pretty much everything he's done since taking over has made Miami a better team. He replaced the entire offensive staff. He salvaged a recruiting class that was falling into the 40's and signed an all star group of transfers. He has rebranded the program under the hashtag #TNM and has revitalized the fan base. He practically dropped his balls onto the face of our biggest rival's head coach yesterday.

Besides most of the "prove it on the field" crowd is just salty because Manny is not Butch Davis.

It’s really helpful to be reminded that our coach, who has yet to coach an actual game, needs to show he can win on the field.

It’s incredibly important to remember this during these times.

Also....and I can’t say this clearly enough people....this might be unpopular but...

The team that scores the most points....I truly feel like they win the game.

Just me. Just an opinion.

Think we all excited with most of what’s happened so far, even @Dwinstitles drinking kool aid, but I have got to see just what happens against the turds before claiming any championships this year. Think Manny can do it, but seeing is believing.
I would say thats a game most people probably even myself expect for us to be under dogs. I have picked that game since last year to lose.....if that game was later in the season i would be more confident but breaking in a new system with a question at qb will be super tough. This game is important to me but what he does to sell the program on the recruiting trail to me is more important being that its his first year.

Advertisement
I would say thats a game most people probably even myself expect for us to be under dogs. I have picked that game since last year to lose.....if that game was later in the season i would be more confident but breaking in a new system with a question at qb will be super tough. This game is important to me but what he does to sell the program on the recruiting trail to me is more important being that its his first year.
I hope Tate gets the waiver..If so I think we win.

I totally realize that, and I'm real happy with where we are compared to where we were a few months ago.

But you see how every new coach is met with excitement and has a few quick fixes to make people feel good right? And you see how each of the last 4 have had very little to back that up right?

I'm doing my best to just enjoy the fact that Manny is abusing the offseason right now, and that people are talking about Miami for good reasons. That doesn't change the fact that the real test is on the field, and not just for one year. Can he win 10+? Can he do it yearly?

I fcking hope so.
Yea but The last few coaches didn’t pull in elite free agent talent or completely embarrass FSU.

Last edited:
because we have been frustrated by what our once great program has turned into and we were spoon fed BS sunshine the last 3 regime and even when it was apparent it wasn’t gonna work we were attacked for being anti Miami. Shannon knew what it took for us to be Miami again, Golden just got it, Richt was a top 5 coach(remember those threads?) and so forth. In general Diaz has talked the talk and is aggressive but outside of the Nike clinic stunt which admittedly was savage af and Enos, everything that he has done that has been heralded as great has frankly been whatever and just fluff. He is a green hire who inherited a talented roster, let’s see what he does with it...
Dude took level of talent up a notch, hired a real OC, and made FSU look like the ******* they are.

If that’s just fluff, then you don’t understand what fluff means.

Every single person here is aware that he hasn't won anything yet. It doesn't mean we can't be excited. Pretty much everything he's done since taking over has made Miami a better team. He replaced the entire offensive staff. He salvaged a recruiting class that was falling into the 40's and signed an all star group of transfers. He has rebranded the program under the hashtag #TNM and has revitalized the fan base. He practically dropped his balls onto the face of our biggest rival's head coach yesterday.

Besides most of the "prove it on the field" crowd is just salty because Manny is not Butch Davis.

I consider myself a “prove it on the field” guy not because of Butch but because of Coker, Randy, Golden and Richt. We do this every single time when we get a new coach. That being said, this does have an entirely different feel to the others.

Advertisement
Yea but The last few coaches didn’t pull in elite free agent talent or completely embarrass our FSU.

The Portal® wasn't such a big deal until this year. I give him credit for getting the jump on the portal and being proactive in punking fsu...those are big boy moves, no doubt.

My point still stands though. Every coach we've had has done some good things at the start and we've all said, "ah, look at that! He's so much better than the last guy, NOW we'll get back to where we belong!"

He's doing everything he can right now, but we'll have to see the team over the course of a season or two to really know what we've got.

The Portal® wasn't such a big deal until this year. I give him credit for getting the jump on the portal and being proactive in punking fsu...those are big boy moves, no doubt.

My point still stands though. Every coach we've had has done some good things at the start and we've all said, "ah, look at that! He's so much better than the last guy, NOW we'll get back to where we belong!"

He's doing everything he can right now, but we'll have to see the team over the course of a season or two to really know what we've got.
Well to be fair... if he held a press conference tomorrow where he shlts on the podium and finger paints with it, he’d be better than the last guy.

Well to be fair... if he held a press conference tomorrow where he shlts on the podium and finger paints with it, he’d be better than the last guy.

3/4 through the 2017 season, we were back. We could win close games and we'd surely start blowing teams out next year. It was only a matter of 2 years max until we made the playoff.

A year later, finger painting with **** is better than Richt. I'm excited about next season and I'm on board with Manny. But I won't be sure, really sure, until I see the guy do what we all think should be so easy: win the ones we should and a few of the ones we shouldn't.

Advertisement
This is the most Miami offseason I've ever seen from my team so like ny Cane fam yes I'll be excited and yes Manny needs to win but thats months away we'll focus on week 1 come sunmer time

Shut the board down and limit it to signing day and game days. Nothing else. We can’t discuss anything except the hard results right when they happen.

He has to carry the momentum on to the field.

He's leading the parade right now, but you know this board always has pitch forks at the ready if the Ls start to pile up.

Advertisement
Dude took level of talent up a notch, hired a real OC, and made FSU look like the ******* they are.

If that’s just fluff, then you don’t understand what fluff means.
He benefitted from the Portal which frankly hasn’t been at anyone’s disposal til this year. Sure there were transfers in years past but the rules have changed. He hired a true OC and I gave him credit there, but I’m tired of being the mouse that keeps getting zapped by the piece of cheese. It’s happened 3 times already and many of us aren’t falling for it again. It’s the same pattern of brovado as the the previous staffs. I want Manny to succeed more than anything, but I’m not falling for it this time til I see the results. If people want to stay positive, by all means do so, nothing wrong with that but I’m seeing a pattern of the same blind faith with Manny before he really has done anything of substance. The fact is that he is a first time HC.

Manny owned as of yesterday a lot of real estate in Noles heads with that move. Best off season ever. Can’t wait for what’s in store

Love what Manny is doing, but he has to win. Beating UF would send shockwaves to the world of CFB.

Manny hasn't even won a spring game, yet!!

I mean, heavens to Mergatroid, let us enjoy this. Especially in light of the off-season we were all anticipating during the halftime of the Pinestripe Bowl

Advertisement
Back