The “manny hasn’t won on the field” crowd...

Advertisement
Of course winning on the field is all that truly matters, but we are allowed to enjoy an off-season as eventful and exciting as this one has been! Remember the off-season before 2015? We just went 6-7, lost Perryman, Duke, and Dorsett to the draft and still had the tie and dorito leading the program! Not a lot to get excited about so I'm going to enjoy every **** minute of this one!

Our last four corches lost their off seasons then their seasons. Good for manny that he broke the trend.

You realize if we just had a mediocre offense last year we probably win 10 games. Our defense is stacked and gonna do what manny does on D, if this guy Enos gives us on offense ranked anywhere around 40th (shouldn’t be hard to do), we’re winning all our games.
Does not work that way and never has. Fact remains that we have no idea of Manny can prepare an entire team and be a good game day coach

True we don’t know if he can prepare a team yet but I would think after a few Spring practices and the Spring game that we will have a very good picture if he does or does not. Personally I’ve really enjoyed the offseason thus far with all that Manny has been doing. That, and staying in the sight of the media every chance he can has only increased the buzz outside of the program and the fans that follow it. I’m excited to see what Manolo does with the team this year, how the offense will look and perform, plus can the defense remain consistently good if not great again this season. I’ve got a feeling we’ll know early on if what Diaz does with the team practice wise will warrant getting a bigger bus for the band wagon fans.

Advertisement
Think we all excited with most of what’s happened so far, even @Dwinstitles drinking kool aid, but I have got to see just what happens against the turds before claiming any championships this year. Think Manny can do it, but seeing is believing.

Don't worry bro. Ol Gator still hasn't started drinking the kool aid lol. The world hasn't flipped upside down yet, but I do like what Manny is doing with the program and I like what I see. Im not on the WE ARE GOING TO SMACK UF NEXT SEASON WITH TATE train yet though. If we beat UF I can see us winning the rest of the games in the season then getting smacked by Clemson, maybe win a bowl game depending who we play. Then landing a pretty solid top 10 class and build from there. I can also see us not being ready to beat UF though and I wish we played them in 2020 to give us a year under Manny to fully prepare.

The problem is that we have a large part of the fanbase that is easily suckered by stupid crap like "Swag" and the like. What Manny is doing in regards to social media, and trolling opposing coaches is hilarious now, but what happens if he doesn't win? Remember Jim Harbaugh? He did a lot of the same crap when he got to Michigan. How's that working out? If Manny was just making big moves in regards to the roster, and having a sensible social media presence, he would still be viewed favorably. The problem now is that he's gone beyond that, and is starting to look like the try hard guy that has to play to the crowd.

Manny has to learn where the line is between being a passionate guy and being over the top. You can be a "Character" as an assistant, but it doesn't fly as a HC, especially if you aren't in a situation where you aren't going to be able to out-talent everyone on planet earth. I will say this, after Diaz's latest stunt, Miami better beat FSU by 4 scores. You can't be this over the top, and be mediocre.

Don't worry bro. Ol Gator still hasn't started drinking the kool aid lol. The world hasn't flipped upside down yet, but I do like what Manny is doing with the program and I like what I see. Im not on the WE ARE GOING TO SMACK UF NEXT SEASON WITH TATE train yet though. If we beat UF I can see us winning the rest of the games in the season then getting smacked by Clemson, maybe win a bowl game depending who we play. Then landing a pretty solid top 10 class and build from there. I can also see us not being ready to beat UF though and I wish we played them in 2020 to give us a year under Manny to fully prepare.

Nyc ain’t ever lied! This is real facts.

Advertisement
Based on your premise we would have played Clemson for acc championship. How do you think we would have done against them in the game?
Where's a bear when you need one? We all know how bears treat salmon...

Advertisement
If manny takes what he consistently did with the defense to the whole team which he is showing us he is doing, he will win. He consistently made great adjustments and put our team in position to win big! His staff hires, high school recruiting and experienced player recruiting have all been on par with his defensive coaching, from performance, development and creation of turnover chain has all looked elite!

Advertisement
I didn't like the hire of Manny when I first heard about it.

But man, we've got to give him some credit.

Since being hired Manny:

1. Fired Jon Richt
  2. Fired Stacey "Worthless" Searles
  3. Poached Bama's OC
  4. Got Jeff Thomas to come back
  5. Got Tate
  6. Got Trevon Hill
  7. Signed Christian Williams over LSU on NSD
  8. Got that Grad Transfer DT from UCLA
  9. Got 2017 number 1 overall player Jaelan Phillips
  10. Punked FSU in neutral territory
  11. Is putting "more pressure" (I'm praying it means bigger bags) on elite local talent to stay home
  12. edit, forgot got Bubba Bolden
I mean, keeping it real, I can't find 1 misstep yet. Maybe I'd want to see him kick out one of the clowns of Dirk Diggler Nkosi or CoCade but other than that, no complaints. And I'm probably missing some ish. Manny's been killing it mane

How exactly would a first time Head Coach win on the field if the season hasn't started yet?

Advertisement
Back