The “manny hasn’t won on the field” crowd...

5XNC

Senior
You realize if we just had a mediocre offense last year we probably win 10 games. Our defense is stacked and gonna do what manny does on D, if this guy Enos gives us on offense ranked anywhere around 40th (shouldn’t be hard to do), we’re winning all our games.

Advertisement
Of course he has to win on the field. That starts with winning off the field.

Or we can just close the board for the next 6 months and talk about nothing so the self brilliant can feel all superior with their original cliches standing as the last word til then.

You realize if we just had a mediocre offense last year we probably win 10 games. Our defense is stacked and gonna do what manny does on D, if this guy Enos gives us on offense ranked anywhere around 40th (shouldn’t be hard to do), we’re winning all our games.

Absolutely. The stretch of 4 straight conference losses where the offense averaged 15ppg...even an average offense wins all of those games and the season is completely flipped. Not to mention the defensive performance would have been even better with an offense to help them out.

Some want us to mope around and wait till the season starts before we get excited about anything.

A moron could have produced an average offense last year w our talent. There are roughly 130 teams. We were like 112. If we just were average, like had the 60th best offense, we win all games but LSU. And certainly the defense would have been helped by that.

Advertisement
Some want us to mope around and wait till the season starts before we get excited about anything.

A moron could have produced an average offense last year w our talent. There are roughly 130 teams. We were like 112. If we just were average, like had the 60th best offense, we win all games but LSU. And certainly the defense would have been helped by that.
Based on your premise we would have played Clemson for acc championship. How do you think we would have done against them in the game?

I totally realize that, and I'm real happy with where we are compared to where we were a few months ago.

But you see how every new coach is met with excitement and has a few quick fixes to make people feel good right? And you see how each of the last 4 have had very little to back that up right?

I'm doing my best to just enjoy the fact that Manny is abusing the offseason right now, and that people are talking about Miami for good reasons. That doesn't change the fact that the real test is on the field, and not just for one year. Can he win 10+? Can he do it yearly?

I fcking hope so.

Advertisement
We would have lost to Clemson.

Krytonite,
It’s all we can do at the moment.

Hegemon,
A nincompoop could have produced and offense rated 50th w our talent.

He's winning the off-season! As he has said everything is a competition and he's winning what he can. He's pumped some serious juice into a program that was pretty much on life-support just 2 months ago.

I couldn't even imagine another off-season with the previous regime.

Advertisement

Think we all excited with most of what’s happened so far, even @Dwinstitles drinking kool aid, but I have got to see just what happens against the turds before claiming any championships this year. Think Manny can do it, but seeing is believing.

because we have been frustrated by what our once great program has turned into and we were spoon fed BS sunshine the last 3 regime and even when it was apparent it wasn’t gonna work we were attacked for being anti Miami. Shannon knew what it took for us to be Miami again, Golden just got it, Richt was a top 5 coach(remember those threads?) and so forth. In general Diaz has talked the talk and is aggressive but outside of the Nike clinic stunt which admittedly was savage af and Enos, everything that he has done that has been heralded as great has frankly been whatever and just fluff. He is a green hire who inherited a talented roster, let’s see what he does with it...

Exactly , It would be different and this narrative would have more merit if Diaz was entirely new to the program but Diaz has had as much to do or more with winning most of the games the last 3 years... manny and his side of the ball has been heart and soul of the team. We essentially gave the program to a guy who completely understands Miami in every essence of that meaning which is what we need/have needed in a long time,

Advertisement

all that was needed was 28 points from that prehistoRicht offense...

Dude. You're actually going to argue that it's better to be 7-5 than to be 10-2 and get stomped by Clemson? I guess you missed 2017, but I can assure you it was so much better than 2018.

Exactly. In 2017 it played out like that, but having 10 wins and a ton of hype from the chain and everything still resulted in a top 8 recruiting class. Following that up with another 10 win season would have likely resulted in another top 10 class, which means three seasons in a row of stacking top-12 classes, and now you got a stew goin.

You can't win any games between January and March, all you can do is face each challenge as it comes. And between the portal, coaching hires, shift in recruiting strategy and just overall hype, Diaz has been knocking it out of the park so far. Obviously on the field is where it matters, but Diaz is at least showing a good process, which is why we can optimistic.

Advertisement
Back