That was Miami style defense.

No, the approach on defense against BC was clearly different. There's no denying that. It's my fault for thinking that we would stay that way versus every opponent.

When you're not being blocked it's easy to look like you're being aggressive. Capice?

No man. There was a lot of man/press coverage, a lot of 1-gapping, a lot of blitzing.

Against a horribly overmatched opponent. Same **** we did a few times last year.

No doubt, but I was under the impression that we were actually gonna make the aggressive **** a staple. Guess I should've known better. I was being an optimist.

Your optimism got the better of you. You should have known after 4 years that these guys are bird brain losers. If they could flip a switch they would have done it before going 6-7 last year with a roster full of NFL players.

Advertisement
When you're not being blocked it's easy to look like you're being aggressive. Capice?

No man. There was a lot of man/press coverage, a lot of 1-gapping, a lot of blitzing.

Against a horribly overmatched opponent. Same **** we did a few times last year.

No doubt, but I was under the impression that we were actually gonna make the aggressive **** a staple. Guess I should've known better. I was being an optimist.

Your optimism got the better of you. You should have known after 4 years that these guys are bird brain losers. If they could flip a switch they would have done it before going 6-7 last year with a roster full of NFL players.

Touche'.

but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

hmmm

Miami - 41
FAMU - 7

Famu rushing yds - 25
Famu rush avg - 0.8
Famu passing yds - 89
Famu pass avg - 4.4
Famu total yards - 114

what year was this?

Last edited:
Advertisement
but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

hmmm

Miami - 41
FAMU - 7

Famu rushing yds - 25 avg 0.8 per rush
Famu pashing yds - 89 avg 4.4 per pass
Famu total yards - 114

what year was this?

Please. You're gonna sit here and act like an FCS team never put up 400 yards of offense on us?

what the **** are you talking about? ******* read dude and look at the comment i quoted and responded

you said you guys would recently "struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC"

I presented pretty dominating stats over a lower tier team like BC and asked you what year it was from

hint: it was last year.

you said you guys would recently "struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC"

I presented pretty dominating stats over a lower tier team like BC and ask you what year it was from

I don't know what year that was. Last year?

Doesn't change the fact that we've all seen us struggle to stop lower tier teams in the past. Pretty sure we've given up 400+ yards to Bethune before.

Advertisement
alrighty then. I think the information I posted (and its implications) is pretty self explanatory, if you don't get it by now it would be a waste of time to explain it.

Last edited:
Talent to win 10 games. Coaching will do us in. I see 5 wins max. Some of you will never learn. Nebraska is going to run for 400 yrds next week

Talent to win 10 games. Coaching will do us in. I see 5 wins max. Some of you will never learn. Nebraska is going to run for 400 yrds next week

Hopefully.....time to get the losing going. Every loss is a step closer to a real coach. Golden is cancer, and losses are chemo.

Advertisement
My god you people are clueless. We weren't being aggressive we played a **** school and that's all it was. When we played FBS competition we looked like a sieve. Extremely predictable yet a bunch of Golden Girls still got all hyped up for no reason. To those who did, please ceaee sharing your idiotic opinions. Thanks in advance.

BTW jerzeycane needs to be banned for being a condescending dumb douche bag. Broke is dumb. But he's not a douchebag.

I don't get why the bashers are so defensive right now lol

1) The defense played extremely well...when considering competition of course

2) Better competition is coming down the road, so you all will have your day in the sun should the defense fold

3) History says that we will struggle against stiffer comp.

When considering those things, why can't people enjoy a solid performance, when the bad performances haven't even happened yet?

You wonder why actual UM fans don't give a **** about a "solid" performance against BCC? **** off.

Advertisement

2) Better competition is coming down the road, so you all will have your day in the sun should the defense fold

When considering those things, why can't people enjoy a solid performance, when the bad performances haven't even happened yet?

You wonder why actual UM fans don't give a **** about a "solid" performance against BCC? **** off.

Your screen name is wrong

Your screen name is wrong

Great response jerzeycane.

I agree with jersey on all three bullets.

1) The defense is probably still a mess but it's hard to tell against the **** show we were playing.

2) The D will get their **** pushed waaaay in the next few weeks.

3) Any team with a pulse will run a train on us.

Having said that, how could anyone enjoy this win?

It's not that they won. That was guaranteed. It's how they played. Dudes were flying to the ball and impacting the ball when it arrived or when the ball carrier hit the hole. We weren't dragging guys down from behind and going on piggy back rides. They were actually dictating.

Lmao

Dictacting against BCC.

For all your football knowledge, and we all know how vast it is, you didn't seem to grasp the total cluelessness of Bethune and just how horribly overmatched they were. You can't call something Miami style when the opponent is that badly overmatched.

No, the approach on defense against BC was clearly different. There's no denying that. It's my fault for thinking that we would stay that way versus every opponent.

Yep. Ghoulden Classic. Aggressive against sh1tty teams and win things get tight, he plays his standard bend and break defense

Advertisement
Back