That was Miami style defense.

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
Wuddayasay?! :Angry:

1-gap aggression.
Press coverage.
Gettin' after it.

I know it's only Bethune but when's the last time we held an opponent under 100 yards of total offense? That was complete domination.

Advertisement
I liked it. Corn Elder is our best player in the secondary and possibly on defense. IJS. He's got that Honey Badger feel. Dude is always around the ball.

Come on! BCU is a nunnery compared to the Canes. That was a preseason game for us.

Canes Defense is back, hunh? Let's see how they do against Nebraska. Let's see how they do at the Doak.

Advertisement
Let's be clear, btw, St. Thomas or Booker T could have beaten BCU.

No one is saying anything about being back. Just saying I liked the concepts I saw tonight. Can we do against teams that's aren't glorified high school teams? Idk. But I liked what we were showing tonight.

Saw a 50 front on a handful of occasions and we stunted out of it every time. We 2-gapped here and there, but only the DT or N, or both were doing it (kinda like the Seahawks [and many other teams who like to two gap their interior DL from time to time]). Interesting advancement: lets see what these next few weeks tell us.

@ByTimReynolds: Fourth time in the last 20 years Miami held an opponent under 80 yards. Bethune had 79 tonight.

@ByTimReynolds: The 26 passing yards given up tonight is the best showing by Miami since Duke got a whopping 8 yards through the air in 2005.

Don't matter who we played that was very impressive

Advertisement
Let's be clear, btw, St. Thomas or Booker T could have beaten BCU.

It really isn't that much about the results. It was how they played. They didn't play the game like they were okay with giving up 5 yards on first down. The DL fired off the ball trying to create havoc. It was a welcome change at least for one week from the "we'll wait for the other team to make a mistake defense" that we normally play.

We have better athletes. They were allowed to be athletes on defense.

Last edited:
The aggression was great but you know corch D's balls will shrivel up against the big boys and play his ridiculous scheme

@ByTimReynolds: Fourth time in the last 20 years Miami held an opponent under 80 yards. Bethune had 79 tonight.

@ByTimReynolds: The 26 passing yards given up tonight is the best showing by Miami since Duke got a whopping 8 yards through the air in 2005.

Thank you. That's all I'm saying.

Fvckers be like "it's Bethune Cookman" but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

Advertisement

Thank you. That's all I'm saying.

Fvckers be like "it's Bethune Cookman" but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

To add to that point Bethune hasn't been shut out in 90plus games dating back to 2006.

Advertisement
It was nice to see the Canes handle their business. However, I'm watching Bama handle Wisconsin now and we're not even in the same league as them. We still have a ways to go.

I would hold my judgment until we start playing real teams....I just
still think we did not dominate ...looked like we limped to a 45-0 win
against a opponent that honest was built like a High School team...

we should have hung 70 on them...JMO

Once the D gives up a big play, Frauden and Doritos fold up like a house of cards and become conservative. Then the two clowns revert back to what they know best, maintain the gaps and keep everything in front of you.

the DTs were in on a bunch of tackles.

that alone is a big improvement

Advertisement
Back