That was Miami style defense.

I would hold my judgment until we start playing real teams....I just
still think we did not dominate ...looked like we limped to a 45

You do realize the game was cut short by 10 minutes right? Or are you saying we should have hung 85 on them if this was a full game?

Advertisement
Wuddayasay?! :Angry:

1-gap aggression.
Press coverage.
Gettin' after it.

I know it's only Bethune but when's the last time we held an opponent under 100 yards of total offense? That was complete domination.

Bull Sh*t..............Starters were 2 gapping like a MFer. They 1 gapped late, mostly with backups!

We dominated tonight.

While we're handing out plaudits for domination, I want some props for dominating this mosquito I swatted off my arm tonight. I don't care how small that creature was, it was out for my blood, and I completely obliterated it.

@ByTimReynolds: Today, The Franchise squashed a mosquito. He has squashed many mosquitos in the past, but this one just seemed different.

There were some things that looked different than last year but i still think golden and co will go back to their old ways agsinst good teams.

@ByTimReynolds: Fourth time in the last 20 years Miami held an opponent under 80 yards. Bethune had 79 tonight.

@ByTimReynolds: The 26 passing yards given up tonight is the best showing by Miami since Duke got a whopping 8 yards through the air in 2005.

Don't matter who we played that was very impressive

Thank you. That's all I'm saying.

Fvckers be like "it's Bethune Cookman" but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

To add to that point Bethune hasn't been shut out in 90plus games dating back to 2006.

To add to that point Bethune might be the worst team in football.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2274633 said:
There were some things that looked different than last year but i still think golden and co will go back to their old ways agsinst good teams.

There were some things last year against bad teams that looked different too.

If we can keep playing like this against the good teams i'm going to have to eat a lot of crow about D'onofrio. Fingers Crossed.

you can say what you want about the opponent but the defense gave up 1.7 yards per play tonight. it's basically physically impossible to play better defense than that. elite defenses should hold an FCS team to 1.7 yards per play. if alabama played bethune it would be hard for them to do better than 1.7 yards per play. which isn't to say that we know our defense is elite, to say nothing of it being as good as alabama, just that a bad opponent doesn't make the results meaningless. a great unit should do a certain thing to a clearly inferior opponent.

(this cuts both ways, of course. the offense averaged 6.6 yards per play tonight. an elite offense vs an FCS team should average something closer to 9 yards per play.)

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2274633 said:

There were some things last year against bad teams that looked different too.

Agree. Thats why im reserving judgment till we play free shoes and clemson. Dont trust this staff at all

If we can keep playing like this against the good teams i'm going to have to eat a lot of crow about D'onofrio. Fingers Crossed.

There's no reason to think we won't hammer Clemson, GT and FSU the way we did these Florida boys tonight. BCC has more Florida players than any of those teams. Keep that in mind.

There's no reason to think we won't hammer Clemson, GT and FSU the way we did these Florida boys tonight. BCC has more Florida players than any of those teams. Keep that in mind.

I like the way you squirm boy

This team is different. I feel it. You should pound your kunty bird chest for being one of Al's dyck swallowers because it looks like you were right.

Advertisement

This team is different. I feel it. You should pound your kunty bird chest for being one of Al's dyck swallowers because it looks like you were right.

Come on...you're almost there...go a little harder though

You trying to have dirty talk with me, fckboy? I'll do that over the phone with you but not on this board.

Advertisement
That was an impressive performance. Still not buying we won't go back to the old ****.

You trying to have dirty talk with me, fckboy? I'll do that over the phone with you but not on this board.

Fckboy? Them nights of watching MTV Jams paying off my "G"

Advertisement
Back