That was Miami style defense.

Anyone that took anything from that Bethune game deserves to get mocked.

CityBoyCane aka CoachMacho has for years been completely clueless. Dude thinks he's Buddy Ryan, but with the brainpower of my friend Ryan's dog named Buddy.

Everybody on here, including yourself, knows that I have have more football knowledge in my left nut than you do inside your pea brain. Stop it.

Advertisement
I'll take my beating like a man. Give it to me.

Keep in mind though, I said the D versus BC was Miami style defense. And it was. What we saw tonight was not.

I should've known that we'd go back to the bull****. I deserved this tonight. :monkey-serious:

This is what happens when you try too hard to be the voice of reason. You start analyzing games against Bethune and wind up looking like a ****.

I want a bogus statistical analysis of UM's performance against this Group of 5 team versus other Power 5 teams that took on Group of 5 teams this weekend. Show me how the abortion we saw was actually good.

Advertisement

Keep in mind though, I said the D versus BC was Miami style defense. And it was. What we saw tonight was not.

I should've known that we'd go back to the bull****. I deserved this tonight. :monkey-serious:

You don't know ish. You never have. You are a HS football coordinator in one of the worst X's O's HS football regions in the country.

You are a small, insecure dude who completely changed his tune on D'Ono once he stroked your ego by chatting with you about football once.

For YEARS you have talked down to everyone and anyone, and when you show your *** by starting threads like this, you have no answer except "i know more about football than you". As if being a SoFla DC requires a bachelors degree lmfao.

For all your football knowledge, and we all know how vast it is, you didn't seem to grasp the total cluelessness of Bethune and just how horribly overmatched they were. You can't call something Miami style when the opponent is that badly overmatched.

Advertisement

For all your football knowledge, and we all know how vast it is, you didn't seem to grasp the total cluelessness of Bethune and just how horribly overmatched they were. You can't call something Miami style when the opponent is that badly overmatched.

No, the approach on defense against BC was clearly different. There's no denying that. It's my fault for thinking that we would stay that way versus every opponent.

No, the approach on defense against BC was clearly different. There's no denying that. It's my fault for thinking that we would stay that way versus every opponent.

When you're not being blocked it's easy to look like you're being aggressive. Capice?

Advertisement

You don't know ish. You never have. You are a HS football coordinator in one of the worst X's O's HS football regions in the country.

You are a small, insecure dude who completely changed his tune on D'Ono once he stroked your ego by chatting with you about football once.

For YEARS you have talked down to everyone and anyone, and when you show your *** by starting threads like this, you have no answer except "i know more about football than you". As if being a SoFla DC requires a bachelors degree lmfao.

Dude, your ghey a$$ has been on my nuts for years. You're one of those posters who has inferior knowledge of the game and resents anybody who actually knows ****.

1. I'm very far from small and hardly insecure.
2. I might be a HC coordinator, but I'm one the best in the area and you're a fvckin' troll who only experiences the game from his couch. I'm 100% certain that you feed off of internet **** talking. You're a fvckin' beta male. You're one of those nerds that finds out as much about a person as they can and sits back, petiently waiting for them to fail so you can rub it in their face. That's how I know you're a loser, cause only losers conduct themselves in that manner.

As far as talking down to people, I might correct someone but I have never belittled anybody on here. My inbox is loaded with guys who have emailed me for advice and I've been cordial and helpful.

Shut your pu$$y a$$ up, stay on your couch and finger fvck your Mac book while I make a difference in kid's lives for 12 hours a day then come home and bang my hot a$$ 5'10" Colombian wife, you peon.

When you're not being blocked it's easy to look like you're being aggressive. Capice?

No man. There was a lot of man/press coverage, a lot of 1-gapping, a lot of blitzing.

Dude, your ghey a$$ has been on my nuts for years. You're one of those posters who has inferior knowledge of the game and resents anybody who actually knows ****.

1. I'm very far from small and hardly insecure.
2. I might be a HC coordinator, but I'm one the best in the area and you're a fvckin' troll who only experiences the game from his couch. I'm 100% certain that you feed off of internet **** talking. You're a fvckin' beta male. You're one of those nerds that finds out as much about a person as they can and sits back, petiently waiting for them to fail so you can rub it in their face. That's how I know you're a loser, cause only losers conduct themselves in that manner.

As far as talking down to people, I might correct someone but I have never belittled anybody on here. My inbox is loaded with guys who have emailed me for advice and I've been cordial and helpful.

Shut your pu$$y a$$ up, stay on your couch and finger fvck your Mac book while I make a difference in kid's lives for 12 hours a day then come home and bang my hot a$$ 5'10" Colombian wife, you peon.

LOL not sure which is more delusional, that you work 12 hours a day or that your wife is anything but busted

Advertisement

No man. There was a lot of man/press coverage, a lot of 1-gapping, a lot of blitzing.

How was this different from any year prior? They ran all of this **** before. You still believe it's some magic scheme change that will make it work? These guys are amateurs, terrible teachers, and clueless on the field. It doesn't matter what they run. They could run the EXACT PLAYBOOK from 1991 and have a wretched defense.

@ByTimReynolds: Fourth time in the last 20 years Miami held an opponent under 80 yards. Bethune had 79 tonight.

@ByTimReynolds: The 26 passing yards given up tonight is the best showing by Miami since Duke got a whopping 8 yards through the air in 2005.

Don't matter who we played that was very impressive

Let's be clear, btw, St. Thomas or Booker T could have beaten BCU.

It really isn't that much about the results. It was how they played. They didn't play the game like they were okay with giving up 5 yards on first down. The DL fired off the ball trying to create havoc. It was a welcome change at least for one week from the "we'll wait for the other team to make a mistake defense" that we normally play.

We have better athletes. They were allowed to be athletes on defense.

@ByTimReynolds: Fourth time in the last 20 years Miami held an opponent under 80 yards. Bethune had 79 tonight.

@ByTimReynolds: The 26 passing yards given up tonight is the best showing by Miami since Duke got a whopping 8 yards through the air in 2005.

Thank you. That's all I'm saying.

Fvckers be like "it's Bethune Cookman" but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

Thank you. That's all I'm saying.

Fvckers be like "it's Bethune Cookman" but forget that in recent history we would struggle to stop even lower tier teams like BC.

To add to that point Bethune hasn't been shut out in 90plus games dating back to 2006.

you can say what you want about the opponent but the defense gave up 1.7 yards per play tonight. it's basically physically impossible to play better defense than that. elite defenses should hold an FCS team to 1.7 yards per play. if alabama played bethune it would be hard for them to do better than 1.7 yards per play. which isn't to say that we know our defense is elite, to say nothing of it being as good as alabama, just that a bad opponent doesn't make the results meaningless. a great unit should do a certain thing to a clearly inferior opponent.

(this cuts both ways, of course. the offense averaged 6.6 yards per play tonight. an elite offense vs an FCS team should average something closer to 9 yards per play.)

If we can keep playing like this against the good teams i'm going to have to eat a lot of crow about D'onofrio. Fingers Crossed.

There's no reason to think we won't hammer Clemson, GT and FSU the way we did these Florida boys tonight. BCC has more Florida players than any of those teams. Keep that in mind.

I like the way you squirm boy

I don't get why the bashers are so defensive right now lol

1) The defense played extremely well...when considering competition of course

2) Better competition is coming down the road, so you all will have your day in the sun should the defense fold

3) History says that we will struggle against stiffer comp.

When considering those things, why can't people enjoy a solid performance, when the bad performances haven't even happened yet?

cause a lot of these folks are just sheep that like to feel "cool" by being negative as **** all the time

Finally have the depth its not rocket science

Good w I'll take it. Defense, team in general looked better. Last year vs famu theY didn't look as good

Bethune hadn't been shutout in 10 years , they beat fiu last year and I think they won 9 or 10 games point is holding a team under 80 yards is ******* hard , I believe last time we played Bethune we gave up 17 or 21 points

I see we got some smart a$$es in here. Hardy har har!

Yall can joke all yall want to but we just held a team to 79 yards of total offense. That's hard to do against any opponent.

The defense clearly looked more aggressive than we've ever seen from this staff.

The offense is a different story.

giphy.gif

Against a horribly overmatched opponent. Same **** we did a few times last year.

Against a horribly overmatched opponent. Same **** we did a few times last year.

No doubt, but I was under the impression that we were actually gonna make the aggressive **** a staple. Guess I should've known better. I was being an optimist.

Advertisement
Back