Thank you GR15

We got this guy better and better from playing WR and S. Real kick in the nuts here. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
"I'm hurt dawg. Don't ask me if I'm alright" that's the difference between being drafted high and becoming a superstar.
If trevor lawrence can come back, anyone can come back. that's why Clemson wins.
Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc wouldn't opt out. I wish him the best and hope he doesn't have a
underlying health issues that made him have to sit out but if he just opted out to focus on draft, he's not the kid of guy you build a championship team around.

Greg Rosseau opts out but not the sure guaranteed #1 pick for 3 straight years Trevor Lawrence 😂 After a 6-7 season. It’s a tough Pill to swallow

Last edited:
Advertisement
Extremely disappointed all we got is 1 season from such a unique talent but it's understandable why he opted out. Kinda hard to ignore a likely 1st round status & tens of millions of dollars. His mom being an ER nurse I think had a lot to do with his decision too, she doesn't want her son risking his future and if we're being real, her early retirement either. It is what it is. Best of luck to GR15, forever a Cane !

So, we are now without our top 4 DE's from 2019 and yet I am still confident with our current top 3 DE's. GR15 lining up inside on 3rd and long is where he will be missed the most. Phillips is athletically the most gifted DE we've had since the days of Lang and Holmes.

The silver lining with GR15 leaving is it gives a motivated Phillips more snaps to prove how dominant he can be.

The way I see it-
It is a crazy year and his mother who is a nurse probably really put pressure on him to sit.

I did not like his decision at first but I am trying to put myself in his shoes and his family's.

As for how it hurts the team I will look at it like an injury. Next man up. We have talent and depth with potential so hopefully it does not hurt much.

For the people complaining that they didn't get to see enough of GR while he's been here

Did he put himself lower in the depth chart/ rotation so that lesser players could see the field b4 him???

Did he purposely keep himself out of games to let other lesser players get playing time???

SINCE WE KNOW HE DIDN'T...put the blame for his absences where it belongs....on injuries and coaches decisions.

Just add him to the already long list of players UNDERUTILIZED during their Miami college football careers .....and wish him well in his future and respect his decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back