Thank you Butch Davis

Advertisement
As a teen growing up in Cape Coral...We had a Hayden...and a small (what I call) Apricot Mango (all yellow)....The Hayden's were HUGE....I had one of those poles with the basket, and metal prong claws at the end...to reach up high...because once they fell...you'd better get them quickly before the slugs and such got to them....My Mom was constantly making Fruit Salad w/ the Mangos (and other fruit) in the summer...we also had 2 pink grapefruit trees and a Kumquat bush....

I don’t know shlt about mangos except that the people I know from India love them. Literally every one of them.

turtle pineapple GIF
Not to be fooled with.

#BMF

Advertisement
As a teen growing up in Cape Coral...We had a Hayden...and a small (what I call) Apricot Mango (all yellow)....The Hayden's were HUGE....I had one of those poles with the basket, and metal prong claws at the end...to reach up high...because once they fell...you'd better get them quickly before the slugs and such got to them....My Mom was constantly making Fruit Salad w/ the Mangos (and other fruit) in the summer...we also had 2 pink grapefruit trees and a Kumquat bush....
As a kid growing up in Hollywood, we had both a mango and avocado tree. Have no clue what variety the mango was but it was sweet and juicy. The avocados were the larger green type unlike the Haas seen in many stores. I’d eat both like apples.

Advertisement
There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of mango varieties. For the most part, what you buy in a store are the easiest to grow, not the tastiest. We have probably 6 or 7 different varieties, that give fruit different months of the year. Our first tree was a Tommy Atkins, which is the chazer you would buy in a store. We now have 3 trees fruiting, the Tommy, a Carrie (good) and a rare variety from Jamaica (really good).
We've got a Hatcher mango tree in the yard. Those things are huge, like 3 pounds huge.

Advertisement
RIP Cane in Orlando.
Death by jockstrap is a hella way to go...
Play stupid games...
Get stupid prizes..

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back