Thank you Butch Davis

Meet me at Paradise...For a Pineapple Beatdown....
I was saving a Chef one…

23A1A1D6-DAC0-42CD-BC1B-800CC0A5FC31.gif

Advertisement
@RVACane @SWFLHurricane My son is a tropical/exotic fruit aficionado, and we grow several different types of dragon fruit, mango, Loquat, Jack Fruit, Bread Fruit, Nispero, Guanabana, and a couple of others that I dont even know the names.
@SpikeUM ...I'm a Pineapple & Mango Nut....Friggin Love them...Growing up in Ft Myers I had 2 Mango trees in my backyard...A Small Apricot Mango variety..and a Large Hayden variety...My buddy will start bringing me some next week from his tree's at his home....I Love grilled Pineapple as well...mix equal parts Maple Syrup & Brown sugar...and baste Pineapple Rings on grill...Ridiculous...

@SpikeUM ...I'm a Pineapple & Mango Nut....Friggin Love them...Growing up in Ft Myers I had 2 Mango trees in my backyard...A Small Apricot Mango variety..and a Large Hayden variety...My buddy will start bringing me some next week from his tree's at his home....I Love grilled Pineapple as well...mix equal parts Maple Syrup & Brown sugar...and baste Pineapple Rings on grill...Ridiculous...
My wife’s parents have many trees in the DR. Whatever the variety is that grows there. They’re in a very good place for growing things. They used to grow coffee and cacao possibly too I believe. In fact they still might have some.

If you buy a whole pineapple, cut off the top and plant it, you'll have a pineapple plant.
Correct....but to keep them going you twist the small Ratoons from between the Mother plants leaves...root them...then plant them...Mother plant ALWAYS dies after fruiting...but leaves the adolescent ratoons for future growing...

Advertisement
Correct....but to keep them going you twist the small Ratoons from between the Mother plants leaves...root them...then plant them...Mother plant ALWAYS dies after fruiting...but leaves the adolescent ratoons for future growing...
So when you say twist them, do you mean twist and take out of the ground and re-pot or plant?

So when you say twist them, do you mean twist and take out of the ground and re-pot or plant?
No....just twist the Ratoon (small pineapple plant) that grows between the Mother plants leaves...and it pops right out...alot of times there are multiple Ratoons (adolescent plants)

You will. The Artist Formerly Known As CIO will.
I’d ruin it somehow.
I find they thrive on neglect. I literally do nothing and they fruit like crazy. The last patch left is on the south side of the house and is overrun by weeds. Yet the fruit keeps coming if I can get to it before the rabbits.

Advertisement
I find they thrive on neglect. I literally do nothing and they fruit like crazy. The last patch left is on the south side of the house and is overrun by weeds. Yet the fruit keeps coming if I can get to it before the rabbits.
I plant mine where they only get the 8am till 1pm Sun.....I had some that were growing insanely in Orlando...but some azzwipe stole them late at night...because like an idiot I grew them where they were easily accessible for thieves...

I plant mine where they only get the 8am till 1pm Sun.....I had some that were growing insanely in Orlando...but some azzwipe stole them late at night...because like an idiot I grew them where they were easily accessible for thieves...
That sucks. You take care of that stuff and watch the growth for months and then they’re gone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back