Thank you Butch Davis

So @SWFLHurricane how does this fight thing go down?

Like, do you say where you’re going to be located at Paradise and when so that whoever you think you’re possibly fighting from CIS can “meat” you???

When the dude shows up and he's half your age with that Bruce Lee muscle cobra body look and has weathered cauliflower ears do you actually try to fight him??? Like seriously, are you gonna try swinging on this guy???

3C00DFA8-749C-48D3-A2DD-AE55E855CE3A.gif

3FC1FAE9-04BB-49E8-B87A-B15796C4936B.gif
550A57E9-A4AD-4D4B-A9A7-D242618072D5.gif

Advertisement
I DO laugh my A** off over that game!

Butch used every trick in the book to get players FOR UM - every trick in the book to recruit players FOR UM - and is responsible for a number of NCAA rules. While AT UM. FOR UM.

And some get all butt hurt when he POSSIBLY used another against us.

Maybe that was just a bad night for cramps . . . sure unfortunate it slowed the game down . . .
Spot on post

CE's stance in here is odd, its like he has been personally slighted by Butch IRL. Do you need to share something for real?

I'm not even TeamButch but your posts in here reek of personal disdain, like real life disdain. It is weird as ****.

They both matter. Again, you are ignoring what I've written and making assumptions. I am a Butch fan. He did an incredible job building Miami back. But today, in 2021, he's seen by his peers and his industry, as a guy who isn't worth more than the FIU job. And even there, he just face-planted.

Those are FACTS. He's not going to ever sniff a good job again. FIU will be his last. We all know this.

Real ? to ur post;

How much of him getting the FIU job v. a P5 job was due to the UNC scandal & the lingering perception of him being a dirty coach v. his coaching acumen?

Reason being, looking at Freeze, Tressel, guys who could clearly coach, but P5 schools won’t remotely touch these guys. Sometimes a sullied rep, is more damaging even when evidence show contrary.

Advertisement
So @SWFLHurricane how does this fight thing go down?

Like, do you say where you’re going to be located at Paradise and when so that whoever you think you’re possibly fighting from CIS can “meat” you???

When the dude shows up and he's half your age with that Bruce Lee muscle cobra body look and has weathered cauliflower ears do you actually try to fight him??? Like seriously, are you gonna try swinging on this guy???

View attachment 147442
View attachment 147443View attachment 147444

I didn’t know the name was changed, BUT I was like, this SWFL guy gives me Caneinorlando vibes. Lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Real ? to ur post;

How much of him getting the FIU job v. a P5 job was due to the UNC scandal & the lingering perception of him being a dirty coach v. his coaching acumen?

Reason being, looking at Freeze, Tressel, guys who could clearly coach, but P5 schools won’t remotely touch these guys. Sometimes a sullied rep, is more damaging even when evidence show contrary.

Not sure tbh, but absolutely would not dismiss that.

HOWEVER, Freeze is going to be back after paying his penance because he WON. Butch screwed the pooch when he got sent down, so he's DONE.

Seriously, Davis should be running a train on the trail and on the field against these G-5 dudes. But they are owning him. This is a sad way to go out. Think about it, the last time Butch left a program on good terms was probably when he left Dallas as their DC in the 90's to come to UM.

I get the nostalgia for a coach from the old days but I always found it weird when Canes fans celebrate his successes over the Canes and rub it in with a vengeance.

Get em @Cryptical Envelopment. Get em @Go Canes!! Get em all.

It's pretty simple for me.

All the trash talk about Butch by many here - and Butch goes out and rubs their nose in it.

You gotta admit - there's a certain amount of ironic satisfaction there.

It's not like Butch knocked us out of the playoffs that year.

Advertisement
Back