Thank you Butch Davis

Don't know about that, old Butch build quite a team @ NC : before he left there. The only thing that would have stopped Butch in my opinion would have been Shalala sticking her nose where it didn't belong. She was already telling Butch she wanted to raise the SAT score from 800 to 820 for the UM team > That lady was the kiss of death :
UM FB players GPA were the Highest in UM History under Butch....including 3 Academic AAs.....F Shalala

Advertisement
If
Butch recruited with literally no schollys and his put a generation of studs into the nfl. Match his short handicapped tenure to what Saban guys
have done. Butch had kids at UNC making an impact in the league.
Urban Meyer at least was dominate everywhere. Saban won a natty at lsu
But was consistently losing 3-5 games
If Butch had the financial Backing that Little Midget Hitler has had for 12+ yrs....it wouldn't have been fair...

Advertisement
Man those are beautiful, heck of a collection. I'm lining up some looking out in Western Kansas this June with some farm boy buddies I played ball with in college. We were in Dodge City, but one has a buddy who has property eastward where a couple of legendary tribal battles occurred and one with the Cavalry. Said he's plowing up stuff for years. I dated a girl in college from Spearville, her dad had a woven bowl full from his farm, said he didn't even stop to jump off the tractor to pick them up anymore unless they were really unique. Not sure I mentioned it, but I went to grad school at Ft Hays State. The old fort was Custer's last post before he left for the Little Big Horn. His wife stayed behind. They had a tunic and pair of boots of his on display at the museum.

Man those are beautiful, heck of a collection. I'm lining up some looking out in Western Kansas this June with some farm boy buddies I played ball with in college. We were in Dodge City, but one has a buddy who has property eastward where a couple of legendary tribal battles occurred and one with the Cavalry. Said he's plowing up stuff for years. I dated a girl in college from Spearville, her dad had a woven bowl full from his farm, said he didn't even stop to jump off the tractor to pick them up anymore unless they were really unique. Not sure I mentioned it, but I went to grad school at Ft Hays State. The old fort was Custer's last post before he left for the Little Big Horn. His wife stayed behind. They had a tunic and pair of boots of his on display at the museum.
He wanted this case as well...but we couldn't come to a $$$ agreement....the entire bottom row are Paleo....10,000-12,000 yrs old
88121674_221028145683910_7789947631190409216_n.jpg

i'm fully convinced that a significant number of people on this board would let butch bang their wife, take a massive dump on their chest, and ask for seconds.
Well no, actually it was Butch who took a massive dump on UM 4 outta 6 times (with wayyyyy less talent)....you've got your Fecal matter mixed up....

Advertisement
Well no, actually it was Butch who took a massive dump on UM 4 outta 6 times (with wayyyyy less talent)....you've got your Fecal matter mixed up....
i'd argue that his unc teams had comparable talent to *golden's* (correction: randy's) overall and far superior high-end talent.

Last edited:
i'd argue that his unc teams had comparable talent to golden's overall and far superior high-end talent.
No they didn't....Stop it...they had a few studs no doubt....My cousin coached the D at UNC for a yr under Butch....I knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought up the "UNC had comparable talent to UM those games"....they absolutely did not....but their coaching staff was alot better....

No they didn't....Stop it...they had a few studs no doubt....My cousin coached the D at UNC for a yr under Butch....I knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought up the "UNC had comparable talent to UM those games"....they absolutely did not....but their coaching staff was alot better....

so i'm confused now because farther up the thread we have guys waxing poetic about butch building a monster at unc and stacking talent there, only to be unjustly booted by the scandal, and now he had far less talent than*al golden's* (correction: randy shannon's) dog **** teams.

he's a has been. butch found and evaluated talent incredibly well, but he was mediocre outside of that. what's amazing is that only canes fans stuck in the late 90s think that he is or ever has been an elite coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
so i'm confused now because farther up the thread we have guys waxing poetic about butch building a monster at unc and stacking talent there, only to be unjustly booted by the scandal, and now he had far less talent than al golden's dog **** teams.

he's a has been. butch found and evaluated talent incredibly well, but he was mediocre outside of that. what's amazing is that only canes fans stuck in the late 90s think that he is or ever has been an elite coach.
Golden had tons more talent than what Butch had at UNC....Go compare the rosters, then come back and apologize....It was Butch's staff that was the Huge difference....

Golden had tons more talent than what Butch had at UNC....Go compare the rosters, then come back and apologize....It was Butch's staff that was the Huge difference....

there's a point that we're both wrong on: golden never coached against butch's unc. randy and butch each coached 4 years at the same time. technically butch made it to 2011, but was fired in the summer before the season started. i went back and edited up the chain.

here's a year-by-year comparison of the two-deep rosters. we weren't far more talented by a long shot. the canes' rosters are loaded with jags minus 2 of our 07 defensive players and bosher. maybe slightly more talented with the carryovers from coker, but overall our rosters were total crap.

Advertisement
there's a point that we're both wrong on: golden never coached against butch's unc. randy and butch each coached 4 years at the same time. technically butch made it to 2011, but was fired in the summer before the season started. i went back and edited up the chain.

here's a year-by-year comparison of the two-deep rosters. we weren't far more talented by a long shot. the canes' rosters are loaded with jags minus 2 of our 07 defensive players and bosher. maybe slightly more talented with the carryovers from coker, but overall our rosters were total crap.

That's why UM was favored in EVERY game...because UNC had as much talent...Gotcha

That's why UM was favored in EVERY game...because UNC had as much talent...Gotcha

that's not what i said. you're the one arguing that unc had far less talent than we did when butch beat us. i'm arguing that they're comparable overall, and that their best players were far better than our best ones. so unless you're saying that those 07-10 canes rosters are just full of unrealized talent and not the dumpster fires that they actually were, you haven't even made your original point, let alone refuted mine.

that's not what i said. you're the one arguing that unc had far less talent than we did when butch beat us. i'm arguing that they're comparable overall, and that their best players were far better than our best ones. so unless you're saying that those 07-10 canes rosters are just full of unrealized talent and not the dumpster fires that they actually were, you haven't even made your original point, let alone refuted mine.
Only a grade A idiot thinks UNCs roster was comparable....it was UNCs coaching staff that made a mockery of Onions staff....

Advertisement
Back