Thank you Butch Davis

Last time Butch won a game, we werent in a pandemic.

But eh, its just repeating the same stuff all over again, so whats the point

Advertisement
The notion that Butch's success would have continued at the level it was after he left is pretty myopic. Once the internet took hold and recruiting sites became what they are now, he would still be competing for all the talent he was able to cherry-pick due to less eyeballs on them. While he recruited well at UNC, he wasn't exactly super successful in terms of wins and losses.

There's no huge coincidence that Miami started slipping as a program at the same time the internet became viable and we started really having to compete for the guys in our back yard.
Whatever..CIS expect football contingency assures that Butch would’ve won at least 7 straight nattys...

Advertisement
Evaluate.....Recruit.....Develop.....The Butch way.....
1619665654531.png

Well, no. Butch left after the 2000 season, which means his last guys were there in 2005. Any 'Cane fan who knows anything will tell you things "started slipping" with the bad loss to Tennessee in the Orange Bowl. Miami couldn't play offense worth a **** and the defense won them games they wouldn't have won without the studs across the board on that side of the ball. The QB room in particular was a disaster after Dorsey left, and Dorsey was the only decent QB he managed to recruit.

If "Butch's kids" were so great, it stands to reason they 1) should have had more success under Coker, and 2) should have had more success in the NFL.

He also wasn't able to replicate that success anywhere else. So, those are facts.

I'm not trying to negate what he was able to do, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think he would have had no trouble sustaining it.
His guys had more success than anyone other than Schnelly, Jimmy and Erickson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol at this thread being born out of no where. And a bigger lol at all the normal participants.
OP is @caneinorlando burner account. He’s like Kevin Durant. Great poster and member but can be super sensitive and loves to clap back using variety of methods. Including but not narrowed to multiple burner accounts, old photos, great insults and the team chaplain of the Butch was the GOAT squad

Butch won exactly 0 chips so it’s hard to say..I’d definitely give him 1 in 2001 tho. What u and some others think of Butch, in reality Jimmy Johnson was Truly THAT GUY. He would’ve had a Saban/Bryant run if he never left Miami.
01 was Coker's work huh? Are you seriously saying just because Butch wasn't at the helm that ship wasn't his? Are yiu really crediting Coker for that? Wow! 😂😂😂

Advertisement
OP is @caneinorlando burner account. He’s like Kevin Durant. Great poster and member but can be super sensitive and loves to clap back using variety of methods. Including but not narrowed to multiple burner accounts, old photos, great insults and the team chaplain of the Butch was the GOAT squad
I'll be at Butch's home at noon....I'll tell him you send your best.

01 was Coker's work huh? Are you seriously saying just because Butch wasn't at the helm that ship wasn't his? Are yiu really crediting Coker for that? Wow! 😂😂😂
You was a “never left behind era” kid who obviously got ******* left behind if you read my post and came to this conclusion..

Advertisement
Back