Thad Franklin

'If they're lookin, we're lookin...'

1587644314554.png

Advertisement
When are idiots like you going to realize it’s the kids? You’ll have Jajuan Seider here and still won’t get anything or are you too dense to comprehend that?
Facts. Cmr was an “ace recruiter” till he got here. Colley landing too 10 position kids at uga and fspoo. The only kid that followed cmr here was DJ.
But there is a reason why saban, jimbo, Meyer or any Coach with a chip won’t come here despite having a plethora of nfl talent In 3 counties right next to campus.
maybe manny has some secret sauce considering the kids he kept here despite our porta potty of a season. But if we don’t get 10 wins this year the wheels will officially fall off.

It shouldn’t matter where a player is from these days. Media age has changed everything. You attack the top guy at the top of your board that has mutual interest and you work your way down. A kid can love Miami living in Connecticut. Just as much if not more than one living in Florida. Recruit the best that are interested and move on when they aren’t. Georgia and other states are growing at massive rates both in population and great quality athletes. Here in Georgia the high schools are starting to be run like small colleges in the way kids train and the expectations put on these kids. It’s crazy.

People say this but all we see are the programs that relied on far away talent (Nebraska, Syracuse, Colorado, etc.) collapse while the programs centrally located in the talent hubs have risen up and dominated.

In an age where every program is spending money on football, it’s too difficult to go far away and consistently pull highly recruited guys.

Umm excuse me sir but there’s been somebody ELSE that’s been preaching it even longer...and I think he’s glad you’re finally seeing it.
I remember taking lots of heat on this board for saying Miami needs to go OOS more to get back to a winning program....these days every school in america hits sfla on the regular..... the lockdown sfla mindset has become a local pipedream.....

Advertisement
People say this but all we see are the programs that relied on far away talent (Nebraska, Syracuse, Colorado, etc.) collapse while the programs centrally located in the talent hubs have risen up and dominated.

In an age where every program is spending money on football, it’s too difficult to go far away and consistently pull highly recruited guys.
Those programs have mostly just been replaced by similar schools. Oregon, Wisconsin have been good for over a decade without being surrounded by elite talent.

Those programs have mostly just been replaced by similar schools. Oregon, Wisconsin have been good for over a decade without being surrounded by elite talent.

Oregon spends an insane amount thanks to Nome. And all that spending has made them a solid Tier II school, because of the recruiting limitations.

Wisconsin has been fortunate to play a bunch of teams that also have the same geographic recruiting limitations that they do. Being stuck in Wisconsin sucks for recruiting, until you see you’re playing a team stuck in Iowa every year. Then it becomes manageable. Wisconsin has never broken through their ceiling precisely because at some point you have to step outside the land of corn, and they don’t fair that well when they do.

I remember taking lots of heat on this board for saying Miami needs to go OOS more to get back to a winning program....these days every school in america hits sfla on the regular..... the lockdown sfla mindset has become a local pipedream.....

no. the difference is that those schools are paying for the south florida players.

UM doesn't pay, so it doesn't get.

Advertisement

The top 2 programs in the country the last several years don't have a back yard loaded with talent like we do. Our best team ever assembled consisted of a ton of high level guys from outside of S. FL. I'm all for taking advantage of our back yard, but we shouldn't be a slave to it. The brand is still pretty respected outside of S. FL. In fact, it seems more respected outside S. FL.

Umm excuse me sir but there’s been somebody ELSE that’s been preaching it even longer...and I think he’s glad you’re finally seeing it.
Lot of us been saying it for a long time. You could make NFL All
Gotta expand the recruiting map.

Have to take a more cut throat approach with local recruiting. Can't give them too much leeway, either shìt or get off the pot & we move on.

But I've been preaching it for awhile now, recruit TX, AZ, LV, East STL (ILL/MO) & the Northeast NY/NJ/Philly/Conn & only take the South Fla kids who will stay committed & won't take any visits.

Have to stop always accepting early commits from locals using us as a placeholder.
The top 2 programs in the country the last several years don't have a back yard loaded with talent like we do. Our best team ever assembled consisted of a ton of high level guys from outside of S. FL. I'm all for taking advantage of our back yard, but we shouldn't be a slave to it. The brand is still pretty respected outside of S. FL. In fact, it seems more respected outside S. FL.
That's right. You could field complete offensive and defensive NFL All Pro teams with OOS Canes. The Canes brand, although a little dormant recently is still big and has way more national appeal then most of the elite teams.

Advertisement

What programs? Outside of Ohio State, I can’t think of an elite team going outside of its geographic region to recruit.
And I can’t think of a single team doing it with our money and facilities.

Removing Ohio State.
If you took all of the scholarship players on Bama’s roster. How many miles do you think they average from high school to Bama‘s campus? If you did the same thing for Clemson? Etc.

It’s funny how we’re always in it for OOS til the last minute and actually get them but we’re cooked by October with SFL kids. Why don’t y’all use some common sense and put 2 & 2 together.
Because we have to beg S.FLA recruits for love..

Advertisement
What programs? Outside of Ohio State, I can’t think of an elite team going outside of its geographic region to recruit.
And I can’t think of a single team doing it with our money and facilities.
I'm not sure how you're defining "geographic region," but Alabaga and Clemson do not field championship teams with rosters stacked with kids from TusKKKaloosa, AL or Clemson, SC or the immediate areas surrounding either.

It's disingenuous to talk about us needing to stack our team with South Florida guys within 50 miles of our campus but then to ignore that the top 2 programs don't do that. And neither does Ohio Taint.

We cant complain when Florida as a whole has not produced Any championships in yrs. Kids want to go to winning programs and No team in florida has done good in years so why even bother wasting time when the better schools are in the SEC and Clemson school. When Miami, Uf and State start winning championships again, kids will come. For now just hope you can get a loyal kid that doesn't want to run off as soon as ALABAMA Georgia LSU CLEMSON start knocking at the door. And just wait until NORTH CAROLINA START REACHING IN AND EVERYONE ELSE THATS GETTING BETTER.

Advertisement
Back