Thad Franklin

Advertisement
You can expand the recruiting map and fight on someone else's turf. I'd rather keep the best local backs like we did last year.

These are the local backs we've brought on campus since 2009. If they ever had a season with at least 900 rushing yards, they're in bold:

Lamar Miller
Duke Johnson
Joe Yearby

Choc Gray
Mark Walton
Travis Homer

Robert Burns
Camron Harris

Signees: Don Chaney, Jaylan Knighton

These are the other backs:

Mike James
Storm Johnson
Darion Hall
Dallas Crawford
Danny DIllard
Gus Edwards
Deejay Dallas
Lorenzo Lingard

I like the first list better. Hickson needs to sign Thad. No excuses.
I agree with keeping the best backs locally if we can, but in this situation what exactly are we supposed to do?

Why does this kid wanna decommit so bad? If he is seriously all that enamored with a few Basketball offers from teams he would never actually play a single second in a real game for, then how do we combat that?

Given Miami's history with RB's we shouldn't have to beg a kid from a school like Chaminade who we are very good with to stay home. This should be a no brainer, he should be taking a leadership role & helping us recruit, not playing games & thinking of reopening his recruitment in the middle of a pandemic when he can't even travel to take visits.

It's dumb on his part to jump ship before we've even played a game, after announcing his 2nd commitment months ago. I mean it's not like we lost a bunch of games between Feb-April, so what the **** was the reason to recommit if he wanted to go elsewhere or just wants a bunch of attention?

It's this constant drama we always have to deal that's been going on for years & years, it's tiring D$, I understand we have to win in order to be a viable option for local recruits, but at some point as a program we have to just stop being a doormat for these kids.

Can't force any of'em to sign with us if they don't want to & shouldn't have to constantly be held hostage with flimsy verbals from kids messing around. It's gotten ridiculous at this point.

I agree with keeping the best backs locally if we can, but in this situation what exactly are we supposed to do?

Why does this kid wanna decommit so bad? If he is seriously all that enamored with a few Basketball offers from teams he would never actually play a single second in a real game for, then how do we combat that?

Given Miami's history with RB's we shouldn't have to beg a kid from a school like Chaminade who we are very good with to stay home. This should be a no brainer, he should be taking a leadership role & helping us recruit, not playing games & thinking of reopening his recruitment in the middle of a pandemic when he can't even travel to take visits.

It's dumb on his part to jump ship before we've even played a game, after announcing his 2nd commitment months ago. I mean it's not like we lost a bunch of games between Feb-April, so what the **** was the reason to recommit if he wanted to go elsewhere or just wants a bunch of attention?

It's this constant drama we always have to deal that's been going on for years & years, it's tiring D$, I understand we have to win in order to be a viable option for local recruits, but at some point as a program we have to just stop being a doormat for these kids.

Can't force any of'em to sign with us if they don't want to & shouldn't have to constantly be held hostage with flimsy verbals from kids messing around. It's gotten ridiculous at this point.

I have no info on this, but didn’t he just tweet a couple emojis? Are we sure he’s shaky?

I like what we did: offered Geter as a backup. You can also take Yul as a RB. But you need to put as much effort as possible into the best local backs. It worked last year.

Our poor past choices with guys from outside South Florida doesn't necessarily support the idea that we should stick to South Florida only. There are great backs everywhere. Because we didn't recruit/sign them in the past doesn't mean they aren't out there.

On top of that, South Florida has become increasingly toxic fairly recently.

One thing you’ll notice about the South Florida backs we’ve signed is that they were generally bigger recruits than the guys we signed from elsewhere. They lived up to that and played a lot better than the out-of-towners.

There’s an obvious reason for that: as hard as it is to recruit top guys locally, it’s even harder to recruit top guys out of state. We aren’t Clemson or Alabama. We’ve sucked for 15 years.

Our best selling point is location, and we happen to be located in the best area for backs. That’s why our best backs are from this area, and we should continue to focus on this area.

Advertisement
I have no info on this, but didn’t he just tweet a couple emojis? Are we sure he’s shaky?

I like what we did: offered Geter as a backup. You can also take Yul as a RB. But you need to put as much effort as possible into the best local backs. It worked last year.
It's been rumored he's shaky but hasn't been confirmed. But we've been down this road before with shaky multiple commit recruits. Maybe we get lucky this time & keep Thad.

I agree in putting in the full court press for best South Fla backs to keep them home, but in general, we have to change something about how we recruit because every **** year there's always some drama with the higher ranked early commit locals.

Yes! Let’s take a 3rd tier back or make a slot WR a running back instead of doing an actual search.

I agree in putting in the full court press for best South Fla backs to keep them home, but in general, we have to change something about how we recruit because every **** year there's always some drama with the higher ranked early commit locals.

Hickson gets paid a lot of money to put up with drama. ****, me and you put up with it for free. Let it play out and keep working.

We had ups and downs with Knighton, Avantae, Chantz, Elijah Roberts and others last year. It went the other way with Francois. Can’t win if you’re not in the game.

Advertisement
The anti-South Florida crowd said Zack Moss was a third-tier back, too.
I’m not anti South Florida. I’m anti wasting a scholly on a kid that’ll never crack this rotation.

And Zack played for Hallandale, not a tri- county power in Carol City.

Advertisement
Cryptic twitter szn. Idk if he had Miami commit up there, but nothing there anymore
I’m never concerned about a RB decomitting , we have so many blue chips guys in south Florida that we can get , don’t waste our time again on this guy if he decommits again, cam Harris was a second option for many teams and he is our starting RB that right there tell you how many good RBs there are in south Florida.

Advertisement
So four NFL backs, another 1K rusher, and the guy that “flopped” actually contributed as a FB and made an NFL camp?

I like those odds.
Whaaaaaaatttttt? Every single one was at least a top 300 guy and the only who was like Geter was *Drumroll* Gray... how can you even try to argue this when our best back since Duke wasn’t even from Florida. It was a kid from GA named DJ that I pounded the table for.

Advertisement
Back