Thad Franklin

I read on ITU that Miami, Florida, and FSU are 3 or the top 4 schools in number of decommits since 2010, I think (not sure of the year). I think that says a lot about the in-state kids......and the leadership at the schools.

And the bags other schools drop to get kids from down here...

Advertisement
The overall South Florida adolescent and high school football "culture" is dog ****.
They turned it into a cesspool a long time ago when they turned 10 year olds into bread winners based on their Pee Wee football ability down here.

Then, recruiting became a sport in and of itself, and that turned this area that is so rich in talent into the Broadway/Hollywood of recruiting and made all these kids and their leech "handlers" stars.

Big money coaches helicoptering into their HS and eating their asses like prison bytches.

It has all culminated in this toilet called S. FL recruiting.

Advertisement
Gotta expand the recruiting map.

Have to take a more cut throat approach with local recruiting. Can't give them too much leeway, either shìt or get off the pot & we move on.

But I've been preaching it for awhile now, recruit TX, AZ, LV, East STL (ILL/MO) & the Northeast NY/NJ/Philly/Conn & only take the South Fla kids who will stay committed & won't take any visits.

Have to stop always accepting early commits from locals using us as a placeholder.
Recent History of NFL RB's
2019 RB Class

2018 RB Class

Like you said; Please expand the recruiting board. Looks like the Local Recruiting is killing Miami...

Have to take a more cut throat approach with local recruiting. Can't give them too much leeway, either shìt or get off the pot & we move on.

But I've been preaching it for awhile now, recruit TX, AZ, LV, East STL (ILL/MO) & the Northeast NY/NJ/Philly/Conn & only take the South Fla kids who will stay committed & won't take any visits.

Have to stop always accepting early commits from locals using us as a placeholder.
Umm excuse me sir but there’s been somebody ELSE that’s been preaching it even longer...and I think he’s glad you’re finally seeing it.

Checking out the WR's....
NFL WR Recent History

2018 - WR
RDSEL #PLAYERPOSITIONHOMETOWNTEAM
124D.J. MooreWRPhiladelphia, PACarolina Panthers
126Calvin RidleyWRCoconut Creek, FLAtlanta Falcons
240Courtland SuttonWRBrenham, TXDenver Broncos
244Dante PettisWRSan Juan Capistrano, CASan Francisco 49ers
247Christian KirkWRScottsdale, AZArizona Cardinals
251Anthony MillerWRMemphis, TNChicago Bears
260James WashingtonWRStamford, FLPittsburgh Steelers
261D.J. CharkWRAlexandria, LAJacksonville Jaguars
381Michael GallupWRMonroe, GADallas Cowboys
391Tre'Quan SmithWRDelray Beach, FLNew Orleans Saints

Advertisement

I can co-sign all of that, and I would add staying involved in Georgia. May be tougher with last year's staff changes, but there are some very good players there in a relatively small area that is fairly close. There's $ec money flying around, but some of those kids have seemed interested in UM in recent years.

They turned it into a cesspool a long time ago when they turned 10 year olds into bread winners based on their Pee Wee football ability down here.

Then, recruiting became a sport in and of itself, and that turned this area that is so rich in talent into the Broadway/Hollywood of recruiting and made all these kids and their leech "handlers" stars.

Big money coaches helicoptering into their HS and eating their asses like prison bytches.

Truer words have never been typed, homie.

You can expand the recruiting map and fight on someone else's turf. I'd rather keep the best local backs like we did last year.

These are the local backs we've brought on campus since 2009. If they ever had a season with at least 900 rushing yards, they're in bold:

Lamar Miller
Duke Johnson
Joe Yearby

Choc Gray
Mark Walton
Travis Homer

Robert Burns
Camron Harris

Signees: Don Chaney, Jaylan Knighton

These are the other backs:

Mike James
Storm Johnson
Darion Hall
Dallas Crawford
Danny DIllard
Gus Edwards
Deejay Dallas
Lorenzo Lingard

I like the first list better. Hickson needs to sign Thad. No excuses.

Advertisement

And, we are the only school left trying to build a roster from this area. Time has well passed to move on. Recruit kids who are interested and expand the board.

Other schools like Bama, OSU, Clemson are recruiting 2 or 3 guys down here. If they get 1 or 2, great, but otherwise they have a whole other recruiting board. You aren’t building a roster with 50+% coming from an football environment like this. Most of these guys are playing at 2-3 different schools in high school. It’s absurd. It’s not like this anywhere else. I’ve asked, where is the ncaa and fhsaa?

Umm excuse me sir but there’s been somebody ELSE that’s been preaching it even longer...and I think he’s glad you’re finally seeing it.
Not finally seeing anything, I've always said it, I just also used to say we could still get premium local talent if we win while going OOS.

The difference now is I don't think premium local talent will still home no matter what, even if we win.

Advertisement

Now that's a line you don't see everyday, but sure as **** is true.

You can expand the recruiting map and fight on someone else's turf. I'd rather keep the best local backs like we did last year.

These are the local backs we've brought on campus since 2009. If they ever had a season with at least 900 rushing yards, they're in bold:

Lamar Miller
Duke Johnson
Joe Yearby

Choc Gray
Mark Walton
Travis Homer

Robert Burns
Camron Harris

Signees: Don Chaney, Jaylan Knighton

These are the other backs:

Mike James
Storm Johnson
Darion Hall
Dallas Crawford
Danny DIllard
Gus Edwards
Deejay Dallas
Lorenzo Lingard

I like the first list better. Hickson needs to sign Thad. No excuses.
Our poor past choices with guys from outside South Florida doesn't necessarily support the idea that we should stick to South Florida only. There are great backs everywhere. Because we didn't recruit/sign them in the past doesn't mean they aren't out there.

On top of that, South Florida has become increasingly toxic fairly recently.

We need to recognize that we have a stronger national brand than local brand anymore.

Doesn't mean we ignore the backyard, but no reason to think we have the home field advantage many posters seem to assume. Locking down the state of Miami is long over. And, yes, if we win big, we get bigger in the Tri-county, but that is true for any locale with a winning team. Don't confuse that with long term loyalty.

Advertisement
Back