Thad Franklin Walked Out of Practice

This is obviously embarrassing and inexcusable on Franklin’s part but how would you feel if your future career prospects were being sabotaged by a group of grossly incompetent coaches?

I’m sure he had made his frustrations clear privately before this. Today was probably his breaking point. Everyone has their limit.

I hope he’s able to transfer to a program that will use his talent properly. The kid can obviously play. It’s unfortunate we have a group of coaches who can’t see that.

Would you PLEASE fvck off already? Where do you find the false bravado to say that his "future career prospects" are anywhere close to "being sabotaged by a group of grossly incompetent coaches"?

If we were passing the ball on 95% of our snaps, I could understand the frustration.

But the REALITY is that we have a running back who has had weight issues, who is known for not having a good work ethic, who certainly does not know how (or care enough) to block on passing plays, and who was recruited by the former coaching staff that was known for going easy on the players.

And in THAT REALITY, you have converted a situation with a player who has earned all of his non-playing-time into "sabotage by grossly incompetent coaches"?

Just cancel your account already. I'm sure @DMoney and @Andrew can figure out how to give you credit for $12.50 or whatever amount you think you are owed for the balance of your ad-free year.

Advertisement
But y’all said Mario didn’t have bum players. This was a top option at RB for us this season 😂.

Stop with the bullcrap. For a while, Thad seemed to demonstrate a commitment to getting into better shape and working harder to be an every-down back. Not everything is binary, not everything is black-and-white. Some of us had some optimism that Thad was turning things around. But clearly he has regressed.

Two things can be true at the same time.

There’s a play towards the end of the GT game where he is in and completely whifffs on block on a blitzing safety or corner I mean completely misses him and puts JB in a immediate dump or take the sack position… he drops the tear drop pass and he flops on his belly…

This is the exact reason his playing time has decreased.

Advertisement
200.gif

Advertisement
Mf'er walked off because he's too out of shape to run.

Seriously though.. **** it Thad.

That RB room is the bad new bears.

Thad the overweight kid, fublerooski Rooster, the 24 year old walk on pretending to be a college kid, Don Mr Glass Chaney, and Henry Parrish the transfer who tried to save the day but ended up injured.

Advertisement
Some kids think their HS recruiting rankings means more than them having to work hard in college. That is entitlement at its best

I'd suggest people temper their words.

Just because he walked off today doesn't mean he's not back tomorrow.

**** happens and ultimately they're young men who were kings of the gridiron in high school and they're just another guy until they prove otherwise at this level. They can get heated and follow that up with a regrettably rash decision.

Just a week ago Rooster was all but run off the field by most here. In a week's time he went from zero to hero in most eyes.

He’s another one that can kick rocks.

Advertisement
He’s behind Chaney , citizen, Parrish, and knighton

Being 5th string all year I’m not sure what he was expecting to happen but he should have left under good terms so the coaching staff can help him find the best landing spot

Stop with the bullcrap. For a while, Thad seemed to demonstrate a commitment to getting into better shape and working harder to be an every-down back. Not everything is binary, not everything is black-and-white. Some of us had some optimism that Thad was turning things around. But clearly he has regressed.

Two things can be true at the same time.
He never did. Not once.

He never did. Not once.

He never lost weight? He never improved his command of the playbook (I said "improved", not "mastered")? He never got onto the field and made a few good runs?

If Thad had not shown signs of turnaround (even if they were false-positives), he would have been asked to leave like Nesta was.

Advertisement
Back