Thad Franklin re commits

Advertisement
@Lance Roffers still around these parts? I gotta think this guys measureables are elite nearly across the board? Would love a breakdown piece on him and our current 2021 commits since things are pretty slow right now otherwise.

I’m around. Marshall is a stud, my favorite RB I’ve studied thus far in the class. He also complements the room quite well with his style being more banger than some of the others.

Easy and natural 220 pounds, basketball player with coordination. Great feet, excellent instincts.

Runs like Frank Gore, not as dynamic but bigger. Doesn’t look fast but pulls away from fast defenses. 2,300 yards last year and set a state record in the championship game.

Elite.
I see Derrick Henry in Thad

The way he processes and moves his feet when getting through the wash at his size is really impressive. His speed is probably deceptive because he just looks a little weird in the open field since he's so big and runs pretty upright.

I'm excited about getting guys like Chaney & Marshall who are already bigger in HS than our recent starting RB's were leaving college - Yearby, Walton, Homer, etc. That size/power gives an added dimension our running game has been lacking.

I’m around. Marshall is a stud, my favorite RB I’ve studied thus far in the class. He also complements the room quite well with his style being more banger than some of the others.

I'm fine with that. We haven't had an Edgerrin, Derrick Henry, Leonard Fournette type of beast mode banger in a while. Duke Johnson was amazing, be we nearly broke that poor kid forcing him to pick up 3rd and inches when we should've had a big-*** pile driver to compliment him and do the grunt work.

Advertisement
The way he processes and moves his feet when getting through the wash at his size is really impressive. His speed is probably deceptive because he just looks a little weird in the open field since he's so big and runs pretty upright.

I'm excited about getting guys like Chaney & Marshall who are already bigger in HS than our recent starting RB's were leaving college - Yearby, Walton, Homer, etc. That size/power gives an added dimension our running game has been lacking.
Yeap, Chaney was 5’10.5 211 pounds at the all American game this January. That’s bigger than all of our recent backs leaving college pretty much

Advertisement
No. Enough with these Gore comparisons. Gore had more lean, quicker feet and better change of direction. Gore is the greatest back in Dade County history.

This guy runs more Iike Kerryon Johnson.
Gore better than Freddie Miles??...Absolutely Not...and I saw both play....

Gore better than Freddie Miles??...Absolutely Not...and I saw both play....

Must admit I never saw Miles but Gore set the single season rushing markat the time with nearly 3000 yards in one season.

I think he finished as the all time Dade County rush yardage leader.

When you factor in his college and pro career you are going to have to do some proving to tell me Miles was better than Gore.

Must admit I never saw Miles but Gore set the single season rushing markat the time with nearly 3000 yards in one season.

I think he finished as the all time Dade County rush yardage leader.

When you factor in his college and pro career you are going to have to do some proving to tell me Miles was better than Gore.
In HS....Miles is without question the best to come outta the 305...That was the topic...not at UM or the NFL....

Advertisement
Yeah the other part of the topic was show me something to prove it
Ask anyone who saw them both...Ask Don Soldinger who is the Best HS RB he ever saw (as I have umpteen times) and he'll say Miles before you finish the question....
The Late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs at UM...Dolphins and the Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said Quote..."Freddie is the best RB, regardless of age he ever saw...
Oh...and Btw...In 1979 Freddie was the #1 Ranked HS RB in America...over the likes of
Bo Jackson
Marcus Dupree
Hershall Walker....

Ask anyone who saw them both...Ask Don Soldinger who is the Best HS RB he ever saw (as I have umpteen times) and he'll say Miles before you finish the question....
The Late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs at UM...Dolphins and the Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said Quote..."Freddie is the best RB, regardless of age he ever saw...
Oh...and Btw...In 1979 Freddie was the #1 Ranked HS RB in America...over the likes of
Bo Jackson
Marcus Dupree
Hershall Walker....

Jackson & Dupree were class of 81.

Give me stats. Give me some comparable.

Otherwise it’s just hot air. It’s just like everyone who was wowed by Noel Devine’s video. Don’t mean ****.

Gore wasn’t just the goods to the naked eye. He set all of the statistical records for his position.

Show me some numbers. Give me something concrete.

Advertisement
Jackson & Dupree were class of 81.

Give me stats. Give me some comparable.

Otherwise it’s just hot air. It’s just like everyone who was wowed by Noel Devine’s video. Don’t mean ****.

Gore wasn’t just the goods to the naked eye. He set all of the statistical records for his position.

Show me some numbers. Give me something concrete.
So??... Miles was 1980...Jackson and Dupree were also playing in 79....Talk all you want...I saw both...evidently you didnt...ALL the experts say Miles....Around that time in Dade, you had AA RB after AA RB...
Rufus Ferguson
Tony Smith (Soldinger coached in HS)
Busta Rhymes
Elvis Peacock..etc....Miles was better than all of them....but please keep believing Gore was a better HS RB than Freddie...

So??... Miles was 1980...Jackson and Dupree were also playing in 79....Talk all you want...I saw both...evidently you didnt...ALL the experts say Miles....Around that time in Dade, you had AA RB after AA RB...
Rufus Ferguson
Busta Rhymes
Elvis Peacock..etc....Miles was better than all of them....but please keep believing Gore was a better HS RB than Freddie...

lol . So did he even lead the county in rushing?

Cuz Gore BROKE all the records.

Did Mikes even get near 2997 yards and 39tds in ONE season.

Rufus Ferguson
Busta Rhymes

So?? You just lied. You tried to claim Miles was the top rated prospect over the other three. The other backs were in other classes. Lol.

Did he even lead Dade County in rushing? Much less have 2997 and 39 tds in ONE season.

Lol I didn’t see him play. Ok. I didn’t see a lot of old time players play but I can accept their argument if you brought me some stats.

You haven’t proven **** but insist the argument is hands down.

GTFO with that nonsense.

Lol at what a couple of RB coaches said. All the high school coaches in the area were saying the same thing about Gore.

I appreciate you saw him and respect your opinion but GTFO with this hands down nonsense when you are comparing him to statistically Dade county’s best ever who also consequently dominated in the NFL too.

Everyone always gets carried away with speed and strength. Let's not just jump ahead and start sucking everyone's d*ck in comparing him to Gore. Before Gore had two reconstructive knee surgeries he was the best back to come out of south Florida period. He was the fastest, quickest and most explosive back but he had a skill that's even more rare and that's pure vision. He could see the field and cut into space like a Tom Brady sees the field passing. The fact that he did what he did after losing his speed and wheels just shows you how special he was. One of the all time greats up there with Emmitt Smith. Frank Gore was and is the ultimate sh*t.

Advertisement
Back