Thad Franklin re commits

Advertisement
I still think their running styles are the same. I played with Najeh at Central and the similarities are scary. Agree that Najeh was a little faster.
Alittle my ***....I watched Najeh up close for his entire time at UM....He was wasting Mcgahee...Portis...etc in 40s...of course pre injury....If not injured...he'd have been the best of the Lot...6'1 235 and ran a 4.45....

Oh and I ain’t behind the scenes like some y’all are but we need to be putting some respect on Hickson’s name. Chaney, Knighton and Franklin is as elite as it gets.

How do you know it's all Hickson? Has he been named a top recruiter, like Banda just was?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Alittle my ***....I watched Najeh up close for his entire time at UM....He was wasting Mcgahee...Portis...etc in 40s...of course pre injury....If not injured...he'd have been the best of the Lot...6'1 235 and ran a 4.45....

He was timed sub 4.4 by swasey fwiw. And not to mention he was on our great 4x100m team of that era.

Yeah, during his freshmen year ... the coaches had to plead with him because he liked hurdling defenders.

If Lashlee is running Malzahns crap we are still ****ed. We need the SMU Lashlee
Which is why I think hiring Likens, who was running an SMU passing attack with Dykes at Cal, was very well thought out. I cannot imagine Likens won't be involved in the passing game. That said, I don't dislike Malzahn's running attack, but it gets nauseating when it becomes 80% of the offense.

Advertisement
I feel you on the speed thing. But I’m just comparing them both going into their senior year in “Highschool”. Najeh wasn’t a full time RB until his Jr year. They tried to make him play TE but he wasn’t haven’t it. I’m sure he got faster his senior year before he hurt his knee against MNW.

If Lashlee is running Malzahns crap we are still ****ed. We need the SMU Lashlee
We have heard diaz mentioned air raid multiple times and that was a reason likens was brought in because he knows that system. It will be a blend of both

Advertisement
How do you know it's all Hickson? Has he been named a top recruiter, like Banda just was?

People on message boards think if you land a rb or a position all the credit goes to the position coach. In actual recruiting it’s normally a team effort with your best guys being the ones pulling majority of the kids.

Banda was huge in Chaneys recruitment, thats not my words but somebody that would 100 % know. But you’d never hear this because he’s a safety coach and Chaney is a rb. People know what they read on 247.

All of our current commits from 20-21 would be here regardless if hickson was here. Sorry If that rubs some wrong, but it’s facts.

Hickson is the main reason some people aren’t here any more, the rb room doesn’t exactly love him. Hence why I expect Lockette to be the rb coach in a year.

Last edited:
We have heard diaz mentioned air raid multiple times and that was a reason likens was brought in because he knows that system. It will be a blend of both
For the love of God, SMU's TE had more yards than our leading receiver, by like 200 yards. I mean, I'm not concerned about Lashlee's play calling as too run-centric. Again, I think that Likens will have some input on the passing game, given his history with Dykes and being an air-raid guy.

I feel you on the speed thing. But I’m just comparing them both going into their senior year in “Highschool”. Najeh wasn’t a full time RB until his Jr year. They tried to make him play TE but he wasn’t haven’t it. I’m sure he got faster his senior year before he hurt his knee against MNW.
That wasnt the Bad Knee Injury...bad one was against Ohio St in 99....if not for that...hes the starter going into 2000...

Advertisement
Back