Thad Franklin re commits

Temporary dominance-- this kid is clearly 6 inches taller than ALL the HS players in the video. He's elite only because he's abnormally big for a HS player his age. When he hits CFB though-- he'll be facing guys bigger than him and then we'll really see what he's made of...

It's proven fact that kids who physically peak in HS don't do as well in CFB and the Pros. Its the kids who peak around 2nd year CFB show the longest career success rates.

He did it against everyone he played, including Central and others. Highly doubt he will be physically peaked at 18.

Advertisement
Put this one in your pipe and smoke: if Frank Gore only had one horrible knee injury instead of two, he’d be the NFL’s all time rusher and, by far, UM’s greatest.

If he had no severe knee injuries he would have gone down as the best RB in history. As it was, having to become a completely different RB after two major knee injuries he still finished as the 3rd all time rusher in league history.

Freddie Miles is a local legend, and the old men down here who call him the best are like the dudes who always point out the most obscure songs and say those are the best. Miles is a barbershop legend; Gore is a real life legend.

P. S. CIO, I love you like a son, but Noel Devine over Frank? Dude.
@The Franchise ...I went home (North Ft Myers High) to watch Noel his Sr yr....and literally could not believe what I saw...He made opponents look completely foolish...As far as Miles...I have to stay put on my earlier statements.....
Love your Son, CaneinOrlando....

Larry Coker said Gore was the best rb he’d ever coached , he coached Barry and Thurman.

That’s a mouthful.
Soldinger Coached...
Tony Smith
Donnell Bennett
Stephen McGuire
Leonard Conley
Edgerrin James
Portis
Mcgahee
Gore
James Jackson
Lamar Miller..etc...And says Miles (In HS)...
A Mouthful isn't the Word....

Soldinger Coached...
Tony Smith
Donnell Bennett
Stephen McGuire
Leonard Conley
Edgerrin James
Portis
Mcgahee
Gore
James Jackson
Lamar Miller..etc...And says Miles (In HS)...
A Mouthful isn't the Word....

Soldinger didn't coach Freddie Miles as the former coached at Southridge and Miles played at Miami Springs. He did coach Tony Smith who graduated a year after Miles, breaking Dade rushing records plus a FB whose name escapes me, who ended up at fsu like Smith. Also, he coached some good backs at Southridge before returning to UM, including Sedrick Irvin, Troy and Darren Davis.

Soldinger didn't coach Freddie Miles as the former coached at Southridge and Miles played at Miami Springs. He did coach Tony Smith who graduated a year after Miles, breaking Dade rushing records plus a FB whose name escapes me, who ended up at fsu like Smith. Also, he coached some good backs at Southridge before returning to UM, including Sedrick Irvin, Troy and Darren Davis.
I NEVER said Sarge coached Miles...NEVER...Ive been friends with him since 95....All I said is WHO he said was the best he ever saw....Multiple times...without ANY hesitation...

Advertisement
I saw Tony....Elvis Peacock...Rufus Ferguson...Davis Brothers...Gore...Mcgahee...Miles...Marquette Smith...Emmit...Laverneous Coles...etc...all play in HS....Still stand by my original statement...

Larry Coker said Gore was the best rb he’d ever coached , he coached Barry and Thurman.

That’s a mouthful.
I remember watching Frank in HS just toy with Dade County defenses. The guy was unrivaled with his light feet and vision. There were only so many ligament-defying jump cuts in those knees.

He was the best I’ve ever seen. Then he got here as a tiny true freshman and averaged a measly 10 per carry for a cool 500. I can’t remember being as excited about a player as I was about Frankchise (TM).

Was never close to the same guy after those knees and kind of morphing into a one cut power back, and here’s he sits as THIRD EVER IN NFL HISTORY. EVER.

So forgive me for not buying that some HS Harry washout was better.

Advertisement
I remember watching Frank in HS just toy with Dade County defenses. The guy was unrivaled with his light feet and vision. There were only so many ligament-defying jump cuts in those knees.

He was the best I’ve ever seen. Then he got here as a tiny true freshman and averaged a measly 10 per carry for a cool 500. I can’t remember being as excited about a player as I was about Frankchise (TM).

Was never close to the same guy after those knees and kind of morphing into a one cut power back, and here’s he sits as THIRD EVER IN NFL HISTORY. EVER.

So forgive me for not buying that some HS Harry washout was better.

I tell people all the time Frank pre injury wss the best I’ve seen. Unreal , the perfect running back. No weakness.

@dsddcane....Maannnnn come tell these Gits about Freddie Miles....these youngins have No idea....You know how much I love Frank...but I know what I saw back in the day...
Well I dont know what the conversation is and I refuse to read all this but for me theres three top running backs to come out of the deep south who are in that goat conversation. It's all arguable in each spot. But I'd say Freddie had the other two by a lil not some huge margin. Freddie was just truly complete while most had some flaw or another (blocking injuries top end vision etc. )I'd say freddie is number one than its frank and troy just behind him. I can understand the people who argue it because it's what they can equate too. Plenty of people would argue if it's just floriduh for travis henry or noel. I dont think those two are in top 3 category but that's just me I guess. The one thing I can say for freddie and troy is they really played top end talent. Frank being at the gables didnt really play a monster schedule. Obviously hed play plenty of good talent. But look at the ridge back in Troy's days. They were playing not only a gauntlet in miami but a national schedule as well for other powers. Hed kill em all.

@The Franchise ...I went home (North Ft Myers High) to watch Noel his Sr yr....and literally could not believe what I saw...He made opponents look completely foolish...As far as Miles...I have to stay put on my earlier statements.....
Love your Son, CaneinOrlando....
Ok. I just read this one. Please tell me you didnt say noel Devine over frank?cmon now. Noel was mean dont get me wrong. But if you gonna argue for him it opens up SOOOOO many other people you gotta look at too. From sony michel to Daniel Ferguson to dalvin and plenty of others than especially travis henry. For me travis henry was the only one I'd say was in that category but nowhere near as complete as the other 3.

Advertisement
Well I dont know what the conversation is and I refuse to read all this but for me theres three top running backs to come out of the deep south who are in that goat conversation. It's all arguable in each spot. But I'd say Freddie had the other two by a lil not some huge margin. Freddie was just truly complete while most had some flaw or another (blocking injuries top end vision etc. )I'd say freddie is number one than its frank and troy just behind him. I can understand the people who argue it because it's what they can equate too. Plenty of people would argue if it's just floriduh for travis henry or noel. I dont think those two are in top 3 category but that's just me I guess. The one thing I can say for freddie and troy is they really played top end talent. Frank being at the gables didnt really play a monster schedule. Obviously hed play plenty of good talent. But look at the ridge back in Troy's days. They were playing not only a gauntlet in miami but a national schedule as well for other powers. Hed kill em all.
I know one thing...Freddie was Faster than ALL of them...5'10 190 run through you...around you...and by you...

Gore was lights out as a freshman.. I remember someone showed his HS highlights on scout.. jesus that boy had magical feet. I can't speak on way before my time. But Gore was the best I've seen

Advertisement
@dsddcane...You and I both know how much Sarge Loves Gore....But I'll be damned if he didn't say Freddie Miles was the best HS RB he's seen....a matter of fact, I had this exact conversation with Kehoe around the same time...Even Legendary HS Coach Bill Gierke here in Orlando knew about Freddie...I know one **** thing....I've never seen a HS RB take a pitchout...and go 80yds faster than Freddie....He hit that edge like someone shot him out of a gun...

I NEVER said Sarge coached Miles...NEVER...Ive been friends with him since 95....All I said is WHO he said was the best he ever saw....Multiple times...without ANY hesitation...

I saw Miles do work first hand going back to Hialeah Optimist days.
I played on the 105lb when he was on the 115 team.
That squad practiced next to us.
He played on a team that played the bone, rotating Miles,
Joe McCall (Miami Jackson HS/Pitt/NFL) and a back (Oscar Hernandez) who
was very good in his own right and I believe went to UofCincinatti.
Their QB went to uf, with two of the OLmen going to UM and Mississippi State respectively.
Very talented team and Miles was a beast.
I used to watched them and marvel at how good they were, and they were also well-coached.
Better coached then most of the high school teams in soFla.
The next year they played 145s and the following year that team broke up with kids
going to Hialeah, HML, Miami Springs, Jackson,etc.
Anyways, during my (soph) JV year at HML, we start hearing whispers that some dude named Freddie
Miles was tearing up the JVs.....in no time dude was on the varsity outshining a fellow RB (Jimmy Austin)
who ended up at Nebraska (eventually transferred to UM when he was beaten out by some backs
named Roger Craig and Mike Rozier).
Miles and Austin were beasts, and this was era of tear-away jerseys which made it harder to tackle them.
I am on a facebook page for Hialeah Optimist and one of his former teammates at Springs related that
he played like he was possessed.
Very powerful and fast.
Back to your point, hard to argue with Soldinger when it comes to discussing RBs.
Dude has seen them all.
He could write a book on them and I would gladly read it.
LOL.
Having said all of this, Frank Gore was the best back I ever saw on film.
His work at Coral Gables, against more talented Miami HS and Northwestern teams was amazing.
He had it all. Dude shredded his knees in college and still had a very good NFL career.
He was amazing.
Dang mang, I am starting to geeze like Al Bundy.

I saw Miles do work first hand going back to Hialeah Optimist days.
I played on the 105lb when he was on the 115 team.
That squad practiced next to us.
He played on a team that played the bone, rotating Miles,
Joe McCall (Miami Jackson HS/Pitt/NFL) and a back (Oscar Hernandez) who
was very good in his own right and I believe went to UofCincinatti.
Their QB went to uf, with two of the OLmen going to UM and Mississippi State respectively.
Very talented team and Miles was a beast.
I used to watched them and marvel at how good they were, and they were also well-coached.
Better coached then most of the high school teams in soFla.
The next year they played 145s and the following year that team broke up with kids
going to Hialeah, HML, Miami Springs, Jackson,etc.
Anyways, during my (soph) JV year at HML, we start hearing whispers that some dude named Freddie
Miles was tearing up the JVs.....in no time dude was on the varsity outshining a fellow RB (Jimmy Austin)
who ended up at Nebraska (eventually transferred to UM when he was beaten out by some backs
named Roger Craig and Mike Rozier).
Miles and Austin were beasts, and this was era of tear-away jerseys which made it harder to tackle them.
I am on a facebook page for Hialeah Optimist and one of his former teammates at Springs related that
he played like he was possessed.
Very powerful and fast.
Back to your point, hard to argue with Soldinger when it comes to discussing RBs.
Dude has seen them all.
He could write a book on them and I would gladly read it.
LOL.
Having said all of this, Frank Gore was the best back I ever saw on film.
His work at Coral Gables, against more talented Miami HS and Northwestern teams was amazing.
He had it all. Dude shredded his knees in college and still had a very good NFL career.
He was amazing.
Dang mang, I am starting to geeze like Al Bundy.
And I absolutely agree...I Love Frank like nobody's business...That being said, I was living in Ft Myers when I left for Culinary School in 79...A good friend in Miami mentioned Freddy to me, ranting and raving to no end...In 1980 I came home for a few visits, and at the time I had an Aunt & Grandmother who lived in Kendall (many yrs)...so CaneinOrlando killed 2 birds with one stone, and ended up seeing Freddie 3 times...and visiting family...and still to this Day haven't seen anything quite like him for the life of me....

Advertisement
Back