Thad Franklin re commits

I remember watching Frank in HS just toy with Dade County defenses. The guy was unrivaled with his light feet and vision. There were only so many ligament-defying jump cuts in those knees.

He was the best I’ve ever seen. Then he got here as a tiny true freshman and averaged a measly 10 per carry for a cool 500. I can’t remember being as excited about a player as I was about Frankchise (TM).

Was never close to the same guy after those knees and kind of morphing into a one cut power back, and here’s he sits as THIRD EVER IN NFL HISTORY. EVER.

So forgive me for not buying that some HS Harry washout was better.

A story of betting karma for me. In 2001 all of us knew that we were loaded. **** everyone knew that we were loaded. As a result, we had some pretty **** large point spreads. Me being the genius that I am, I figured there would be a few times that teams would backdoor cover us because of us playing our backups. Figured I'd earn a little extra money while still enjoying a Canes victory. Enter freshman Frank Gore who **** near single handedly made sure that I lost every **** time I bet against the Canes. His plays were so amazing that my Canes love totally outweighed the fact that dude was costing me money. I'm with you; I've never been as excited about a guy as I was after seeing Gore's freshman antics. There was a dude on Grassy years later that I actually paid to make VHS copies of those games simply to watch Gore over again. Un-Freakin-believable.

Advertisement
Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna High School RB Thaddius Franklin committed to Miami back in October of 2018, then decommitted in December.

He rejoined the commitment list Feb. 11.

Franklin says that decision to re-commit came because of Rhett Lashlee’s offense.

"I just decided (I wanted to be a Hurricane),” Franklin said. “The spread offense, we run it at my high school.

“When I decommited it was I just wanted to explore my options.”

Franklin says he hopes to visit UM at some point when spring practice resumes and that he has yet to talk with Lashlee.

“I’m being recruited by (Eric) Hickson and (Manny Diaz) - I talk with coach Hickson every day," Franklin said.

Franklin also says he’s not 100 percent done with the recruiting process.

“I’m still going to take other visits,” he said, adding “As of right now I’m solid).”

Franklin says the visits will be to Florida and Penn State “and that’s pretty much it.”

There’s no doubt Franklin’s heart is in Miami, but it is a bit disconcerting that he initially decommitted because “I just wanted to explore my options” and that he’s still looking to visit UF and Penn State. Franklin’s an incredible running back and a huge priority, so the Canes will have to work hard to make sure he stays on board. Having a good season on offense would probably help seal the deal.

Advertisement
Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna High School RB Thaddius Franklin committed to Miami back in October of 2018, then decommitted in December.

He rejoined the commitment list Feb. 11.

Franklin says that decision to re-commit came because of Rhett Lashlee’s offense.

"I just decided (I wanted to be a Hurricane),” Franklin said. “The spread offense, we run it at my high school.

“When I decommited it was I just wanted to explore my options.”

Franklin says he hopes to visit UM at some point when spring practice resumes and that he has yet to talk with Lashlee.

“I’m being recruited by (Eric) Hickson and (Manny Diaz) - I talk with coach Hickson every day," Franklin said.

Franklin also says he’s not 100 percent done with the recruiting process.

“I’m still going to take other visits,” he said, adding “As of right now I’m solid).”

Franklin says the visits will be to Florida and Penn State “and that’s pretty much it.”

There’s no doubt Franklin’s heart is in Miami, but it is a bit disconcerting that he initially decommitted because “I just wanted to explore my options” and that he’s still looking to visit UF and Penn State. Franklin’s an incredible running back and a huge priority, so the Canes will have to work hard to make sure he stays on board. Having a good season on offense would probably help seal the deal.
That's the "go 7-6 and Imma head out" hook

I saw Tony....Elvis Peacock...Rufus Ferguson...Davis Brothers...Gore...Mcgahee...Miles...Marquette Smith...Emmit...Laverneous Coles...etc...all play in HS....Still stand by my original statement...
Did you ever see Darren Hodges play. He played for Bishop Moore around the same time as Marquette Smith. He had ships to pretty much every where till he blew his knee out.

Advertisement
Gotcha, hes a close friend of mine. We played a ton of flag football together and dam that boy can fly.
He was Good...so was Marquette....But Miles and Gore were the best 2 I've ever seen....People who weren't Lucky enough to see Freddy play, can talk sh*t about him all they want....Bottomline is...The Best of the Best RB Coaches all say Freddy...and I wholeheartedly agree...When Don Soldinger (who coached Frank at UM) and had an AA RB himself at Southridge (Tony Smith)...and the Late Joe Brodsky who coached Emmitt in Dallas both swear that Freddy is their pick...thats all that needs to be said...you can ask Sarge till this very day..and he'll tell you himself...

Yup. Franklin posting he is OVing to Penn State the last weekend in May.

IF things are back to normal...

Franklin just posted on his Instagram than he got an offer to play Basketball and Football at Rutgers. I never realized he was so good at basketball. Rutgers had a decent season in basketball this year.

Advertisement
I also just read he got an offer to play basketball at Penn State. Does anyone know if he is considering playing basketball in college?

Franklin just posted on his Instagram than he got an offer to play Basketball and Football at Rutgers. I never realized he was so good at basketball. Rutgers had a decent season in basketball this year.

he is good at basketball but not good enough to get offers at those schools w/o football. Corn Elder and Derrick Griffin were better basketball prospects

Advertisement
Big physical power runner with elite feet, not a speedster but is a workhorse back that you can give the rock to 25-30 times a game. NFL size at a legit 200+lbs, is quicker than fast but has elite vision & change of direction, runs with great balance & can lower his shoulder & break tackles vs contact, despite his size runs with a low center of gravity, has good pad level for a 6'0 200lbs back.

He's by far the best back in the State of Fla & one of the best in the country, broke the state record for most rushing yards in a State championship game with 334yds & 5TD's. He was the entirety of that Nade offense rushing for 2,282yds & 28TD's his Junior year.

He's an ELITE back with incredibly high upside. My comparison for him is Kareem Hunt.

WELCOME TO THE U!!!🙌🏾🔥🔥🔥

Advertisement
Back