Thad Franklin re commits

And I absolutely agree...I Love Frank like nobody's business...That being said, I was living in Ft Myers when I left for Culinary School in 79...A good friend in Miami mentioned Freddy to me, ranting and raving to no end...In 1980 I came home for a few visits, and at the time I had an Aunt & Grandmother who lived in Kendall (many yrs)...so CaneinOrlando killed 2 birds with one stone, and ended up seeing Freddie 3 times...and visiting family...and still to this Day haven't seen anything quite like him for the life of me....

Yeah man, I wish I remember which coach or teammate mentioned his name.
It was the first time they had seen or heard of him, I reckoned, and they were like "who the heck is
this guy?".
Some of us already knew.
LOL.
It was a great era for the Hialeah schools.
Lots of talent with many kids going to big-time programs and even NFL (Lomas Brown).

Last edited:
Advertisement
It was the first time they had seen or heard of him, I reckoned, and they were like "who the heck is
this guy".
Some of us already knew.
LOL.
Lots of talent with many kids going to big-time programs and even NFL (Lomas Brown).
Incredible Talent back then...Another "What could've been"...was a RB/Athlete named Linzie Walker...played at North Ft Myers 73-74...(before my frosh yr of 75)....Unbelievable is an Understatement....End of Sr yr...him and 2 friends pulled an Armed Robbery of a Gas Station an he recieved 20yrs....Another insane talent wasted...

this guy".
Some of us already knew.
LOL.
Lomas was on that Miles team....cant compare the talent Gore had with what Freddie had....Gore had wayyyyyy more talent...

Incredible Talent back then...Another "What could've been"...was a RB/Athlete named Linzie Walker...played at North Ft Myers 73-74...(before my frosh yr of 75)....Unbelievable is an Understatement....End of Sr yr...him and 2 friends pulled an Armed Robbery of a Gas Station an he recieved 20yrs....Another insane talent wasted...

Yeah, unfortunately there are many Linzie Walkers out there.
It's sad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@JUSCHILLL meant the most talent outta Mcgahee...Davenport..Gore and Portis only...

Najeh probably had the best combination of power and speed prior to getting hurt but Frank had the best
RB skills.
Kinda like Emmitt Smith who wasn't always the fastest or biggest back in comparison to others, but had great
football instincts.

Advertisement
Najeh probably had the best combination of power and speed prior to getting hurt but Frank had the best
RB skills.
Kinda like Emmitt Smith who wasn't always the fastest or biggest back in comparison to others, but had great
football instincts.
Exactly. These dudes hype Najeh way too much. He was a big fast dude. But he was never in Frank’s class as a RB. James Stewart, from the Pink Erickson days, was big with legit sprinter’s speed too. But he was no Frank Gore.

Exactly. These dudes hype Najeh way too much. He was a big fast dude. But he was never in Frank’s class as a RB. James Stewart, from the Pink Erickson days, was big with legit sprinter’s speed too. But he was no Frank Gore.
Stewart was good!

But agree re Gore. Size, speed, power, these matter at RB, but they aren’t core to it. Great RBs have balance, vision, instincts, change of direction, burst, second effort. There are plenty of big fast guys who aren’t great RBs. And most great RBs were not, in fact, huge fast guys.

I remember watching Frank in HS just toy with Dade County defenses. The guy was unrivaled with his light feet and vision. There were only so many ligament-defying jump cuts in those knees.

He was the best I’ve ever seen. Then he got here as a tiny true freshman and averaged a measly 10 per carry for a cool 500. I can’t remember being as excited about a player as I was about Frankchise (TM).

Was never close to the same guy after those knees and kind of morphing into a one cut power back, and here’s he sits as THIRD EVER IN NFL HISTORY. EVER.

So forgive me for not buying that some HS Harry washout was better.

I’m in 9ers country, and here are some facts:
Frank was the only offense for the 9ers. Teams literally stacked 8-9 in the box b/c there was no fear of the O. Frank put up dang near 1700 in his 2nd year behind a poor line & no QB play. The 9ers was trash until Harbaugh got there. Many 9er fans believe that had Frank got the ball in the SB, they would be champs as opposed to Baltimore.

Frank has zero knees, and put up over 15k in the NFL. Never had the luxury of playing w a future HOF QB or perennial pro bowler. Never ran behind a dominant OL. I always wonder if Frank never had the knee problems, what numbers would he had put up in 02? I’m just glad I got to witness him as a player at Miami, and now the NFL. They don’t make him like that anymore.

Advertisement
@dsddcane...You and I both know how much Sarge Loves Gore....But I'll be damned if he didn't say Freddie Miles was the best HS RB he's seen....a matter of fact, I had this exact conversation with Kehoe around the same time...Even Legendary HS Coach Bill Gierke here in Orlando knew about Freddie...I know one **** thing....I've never seen a HS RB take a pitchout...and go 80yds faster than Freddie....He hit that edge like someone shot him out of a gun...
I agree freddie is #1. But frank and troy arent far behind. Noel Devine is my only issue with the one I read. Hes not in that league. Sarge loves all three of those boys. But he has said plenty of times freddie is the best hes ever seen.

I agree freddie is #1. But frank and troy arent far behind. Noel Devine is my only issue with the one I read. Hes not in that league. Sarge loves all three of those boys. But he has said plenty of times freddie is the best hes ever seen.
I tried telling them Dee....I know what Sarge told me numerous times...

Best Ever.....
__3-1.jpg

Advertisement
Back