Thad Franklin looked good

Advertisement
Not true at all. There are things that Brown and Franklin showed that would’ve shown up against any type of comp.

Brown showed great patience and vision. He picked out more running lanes this game than Cam has in the past two years. Kid has amazing contact balance as well.

Thad has a great burst through the whole and really surprising feet for his size.

Both are powerful runners that bring the contact to the tackler which is why the are always moving forward.

Cam is what he is. He’s a great pass blocker that has elite speed and exceptional burst. Problem is he has poor vision, feet and balance. There has to be great blocking for him to burst a big one. However, if he has a seam to run through and green grass ahead he hits it hard and isn’t going to be caught.

I can't disagree with any of that.

Advertisement
Dammit man lol. That had to suck. And you know what, You're absolutely right. I forgot he played basketball as well and was **** good at it!
We had Hyppolitte (Maryland starter) and Isaiah Finnie (Marshall freshman LB) on defense they were hitting him with everything but dude is a train..he eats up 5 yd runs throughout the game and bust a few and b4 you know it hes heading toward 200 yds on your *** lol

We had Hyppolitte (Maryland starter) and Isaiah Finnie (Marshall freshman LB) on defense they were hitting him with everything but dude is a train..he eats up 5 yd runs throughout the game and bust a few and b4 you know it hes heading toward 200 yds on your *** lol

Reminded me of Earl Campbell and Marshawn Lynch as a recruit. Not saying he is as good, just that he has a similar relentlessness.

I was super disappointed to learn he came in overweight and out of shape. He didn't look too far out of form in this game though. I didn't see much if any difference between him and Brown. Both played tough, power football. Like them both a lot.

Reminded me of Earl Campbell and Marshawn Lynch as a recruit. Not saying he is as good, just that he has a similar relentlessness.

I was super disappointed to learn he came in overweight and out of shape. He didn't look too far out of form in this game though. I didn't see much if any difference between him and Brown. Both played tough, power football. Like them both a lot.
both would look good also if Lashlee had any and i mean any type of run game other than his one zone read run play. Its maddening...BUT..i specifically remember when we hired him an Auburn fan coming in a thread and saying the exact concerns about his run game....I specifically remember him saying after and plus play...the dive/zone read would be right after (and lo an behold it stuck with me) like clockwork that sh*t came to fruition.

Advertisement
Thad looked smooth and had good feet. Definitely didn't look fast to me, idk what some of you saw. Fortunately, you don't have to run a 4.5u to be a great back.

Advertisement
Crooks you miss the point completely. 100% these guys should be good and play well. It’s a vastly inferior team. If they don’t have patience and vision and speed against a vastly inferior team I’d be worried. Not to mention if you follow pre season practice, Brown was doing well. Thad showed up out of shape but has talent. I’m not debating they didn’t play well but you can’t take away strong performances like today and use this is a guide. They need real competition to see what we have.
You can compare player to player performance vs. the same competition regardless. Wiggins still underperformed. Franklin out performed Harris at least running the ball. This at least gets him a lot more playing time.

He looked great…

But I will say by the time he came into the game hall that JV team we played didn’t want no part of a man of his size running with anger
This is the only real argument someone has against Franklins performance. If he started that game are his numbers worse?

You can compare player to player performance vs. the same competition regardless. Wiggins still underperformed. Franklin out performed Harris at least running the ball. This at least gets him a lot more playing time.
Cam dominated yesterday. Thad should continue to get carries

Advertisement
We’ll agree to disagree. You’d have vision and patience against that team. And I never said they didn’t have vision or patience and if anything they said that about Brown for some time.

Hey crooks let me ask you this - while I really like both our QBs and think they have bright futures - did you learn anything? They had plenty of time, open WRs, not much pressure?
You are right on qb. Can’t tell. If King plays also and looks like crap, then we know.

The holes him and Brown had anyone could have scored so let’s pump the breaks. Cam had the best game of all but nobody will acknowledge that. That was one of worst teams we have played in years.
Running the ball? I disagree. Count the catch then yes.

Advertisement
Back